Aaliyah Edwards to UConn!!! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It will be really interesting to see how the rankings of UConn recruits change over this basketball season. Wonder if Piaf and Edwards and all see a sharp rerating in the months ahead.

It's happened before.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So is Camilla Cardosa now a "no chance"?
For UConn I believe the answer is “Yes.” For a number of other programs that appear to be willing to wait and see if Cardoso can secure a high enough SAT/ACT test score to qualify for an NCAA scholarship, the answer is “Maybe.”

Reaction Score
Belichick said the same thing. It's how you feel when you are younger. But then you get to 70 and realize....this is what I like to do.
I think a person's perspective on "being 70" when you're younger changes over time. When I was younger, I thought that being 60 WAS OLD and 70 WAS ANCIENT but now that I've arrived, I feel nothing like I thought I would WAY BACK THEN. There are people in their seventies and beyond that still have energy and drive and enthusiasm and ambition while many people appreciably younger, act is if they're prepared for life in an assisted living facility. People and their wants and needs vary so very much. Geno looks as if he's still got that fire in his belly and hopefully won't be going anywhere for a very, very long time.

Reaction Score
I read a quote from Mick Jagger saying he couldn't imagine singing Jumpin' Jack Flash when he was 50. He's 76 and touring right now.

View attachment 47443

When I was 30 I figured that by 70 I'd be feeble, sitting in a chair somewhere. I'm turning 70 in the spring and except for my knees I feel the same physically and mentally as I did at 30. (I was a little off even then) :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I read a quote from Mick Jagger saying he couldn't imagine singing Jumpin' Jack Flash when he was 50. He's 76 and touring right now.

View attachment 47443
The Who pulled "My Generation" from their rotation for a while for the same reason.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think a person's perspective on "being 70" when you're younger changes over time. When I was younger, I thought that being 60 WAS OLD and 70 WAS ANCIENT but now that I've arrived, I feel nothing like I thought I would WAY BACK THEN. There are people in their seventies and beyond that still have energy and drive and enthusiasm and ambition while many people appreciably younger, act is if they're prepared for life in an assisted living facility. People and their wants and needs vary so very much. Geno looks as if he's still got that fire in his belly and hopefully won't be going anywhere for a very, very long time.
Well it looks like he's definitely got something in that belly. :cool:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
When I was 30 I figured that by 70 I'd be feeble, sitting in a chair somewhere. I'm turning 70 in the spring and except for my knees I feel the same physically and mentally as I did at 30. (I was a little off even then) :rolleyes:

You got that right. I'm right behind you age wise and I sure ain't feeble and sitting. Knees play Rice Krispies every day. Back hurts from a car accident in '75. But I play lead trumpet in two bands, practice almost every day and ride my bike almost every day. Plus a couple of other groups I'm a member of.

My conclusion is I don't see Geno stopping just because he reaches 70. Could something change that, sure could. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Wow. I have mentioned in the past that the word "aliyah" (English spelling varies) in Hebrew means "to go up." Is there some other meaning? Many young women are getting this name, so perhaps there's something else to it.
Recruiting another Canadian and a member of that country's national team will give Americans another shot at avenging the punishment handed out to us by one Kia Nurse in the Pan Am Games. Kia scored 33 points in that game and Canada defeated a US team headlined by Stewie and MoJeff. Still smarts.
Excuse me now as I do my preparations for Game 3 of the World Series with my Nats up 2-0. Getting into my shark outfit takes a bit of time . . .

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Plenty of Aaliyah Edwards in this compilation from the Border Wars Canadian game earlier this year. Aaliyah won MVP. She's #13 in red with the long, white leg guards.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So is Camilla Cardosa now a "no chance"?

That's pretty much assured.

I would say yes. I think that message came with the Piath selection. It appears there are academic challenges there and through the years Geno has shown little patience for that.
:eek: Hopefully UCONN is in better shape with Kamilla Cardoso then. :D

Reaction Score
For UConn I believe the answer is “Yes.” For a number of other programs that appear to be willing to wait and see if Cardoso can secure a high enough SAT/ACT test score to qualify for an NCAA scholarship, the answer is “Maybe.”
In the area of Academics holding up a player--Geno was burned once. I'm pretty sure he is very very happy Edwards chose Uconn and allow the Brazilian Bombshell to explode elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Plenty of Aaliyah Edwards in this compilation from the Border Wars Canadian game earlier this year. Aaliyah won MVP. She's #13 in red with the long, white leg guards.

I watched a video of her from the 2017 U16 and the progress is amazing. If she can improve half as much in the next 2 years she will be a star.

Reaction Score
Bonjour Aaliyah,
Bienvenu dans votre nouvelle maison loin de chez vous! :D
Just having fun, from your announcement video it is obvious what values you were looking for in the next level of education and basketball. Obviously you and your family realize you are coming to a top notch school and coaching staff beyond compare.
Your mom expressed just how at home you felt at Crestwood. Wait till she gets a grip on the number of surrogate parents, grand parents, uncles and aunts you signed on for. It's a UConn WBB family thing.
WELCOME TO THE PACK !

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bonjour Aaliyah,
Bienvenu dans votre nouvelle maison loin de chez vous! :D
Just having fun, from your announcement video it is obvious what values you were looking for in the next level of education and basketball. Obviously you and your family realize you are coming to a top notch school and coaching staff beyond compare.
Your mom expressed just how at home you felt at Crestwood. Wait till she gets a grip on the number of surrogate parents, grand parents, uncles and aunts you signed on for. It's a UConn WBB family thing.
WELCOME TO THE PACK !
You do realize that Aaliyah is from Kingston, Ontario, not Quebec? ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Edwards visited the school in Storrs, Conn., last week. She said she had offers from more than 70 other NCAA university programs.

“Soaking up that atmosphere was just breathtaking and amazing,” she said.

Edwards also said she was impressed with UConn’s dedication to excellence.

She said her time with the national team has helped her mature and raised her basketball IQ while playing with teammates who have already been exposed to the NCAA level of play.

“My work ethic is already there, but when I get to where I am next year, (I’ll be) just making sure to carry on those habits that I’ve created in high school but also be open to making mistakes and learning from them because college basketball is a whole different ball game,” she said.

UConn is losing five seniors off its roster next year, but Edwards knows she has to earn her court time as a freshmen.

“My focus is to go down there and play to the best potential I can, and have the will to adjust and tweak any old bad habits that I need to get rid of,” she said.

Reaction Score
Edwards visited the school in Storrs, Conn., last week. She said she had offers from more than 70 other NCAA university programs.

“Soaking up that atmosphere was just breathtaking and amazing,” she said.

Edwards also said she was impressed with UConn’s dedication to excellence.

She said her time with the national team has helped her mature and raised her basketball IQ while playing with teammates who have already been exposed to the NCAA level of play.

“My work ethic is already there, but when I get to where I am next year, (I’ll be) just making sure to carry on those habits that I’ve created in high school but also be open to making mistakes and learning from them because college basketball is a whole different ball game,” she said.

UConn is losing five seniors off its roster next year, but Edwards knows she has to earn her court time as a freshmen.

“My focus is to go down there and play to the best potential I can, and have the will to adjust and tweak any old bad habits that I need to get rid of,” she said.

Auriemma’s even better than we thought. According to the article he’s won 49 conference titles in 33 years. I doubt that record will ever be matched.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro