Aaliyah Chavez reportedly looking for $1 million in NIL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Chavez reportedly looking for $1 million in NIL

Reaction Score
If either of them were going to be frosh in 2025, I can almost guarantee they'd be getting a 7 or high-6 figure NIL from somewhere. It's not quite as bad with NCAAW as it is with the men, but it'll get there. Won't be long before even competing for a Final Four spot will require an 8-figure payroll for the roster.

Personally, neither strikes me as the type to bargain a deal for their commitment.

Paige was already at 1M followers before she set foot on campus so the money would follow her regardless. I think Caitlin was a Hawkeye and Paige was a Husky no matter.

There are some other kids in their class that could’ve possibly changed their recruitment with NIL (Angel Reese, Diamond Johnson, Van Lith, Deja Kelly, etc).

sun

Reaction Score
Personally, neither strikes me as the type to bargain a deal for their commitment.

Paige was already at 1M followers before she set foot on campus so the money would follow her regardless. I think Caitlin was a Hawkeye and Paige was a Husky no matter.

There are some other kids in their class that could’ve possibly changed their recruitment with NIL (Angel Reese, Diamond Johnson, Van Lith, Deja Kelly, etc).
That's not true.
Paige didn't reach 1 million until after the Final Four of 2022.
She had 753K after the Final Four of 2021.
An unknown percentage of her followers can be directly attributed to her attending UConn.

Reaction Score
The bold portion below is reflective of the unfortunate history of sexism and college sports and the legacy of this unfortunate sexism. It's also important for me at least to keep this in mind when considering the ability of current female college athletes to participate in a reformed process that reduces the exploitation of their labor.

Settlement with NCAA on exploitation:

"Wilken granted preliminary approval to the terms of the deal despite objections raised about whether the settlement fairly allocated the $2.8 billion in damages. The plaintiffs estimate that roughly 90% of that money will go to football and men's basketball players because broadcast rights for those sports generate the overwhelming majority of revenue in college sports."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom