AAC | The Boneyard

AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
let me start by saying I HATE the AAC....despise it. Frankly, would rather be in the A-10.

That said, does everyone realize we are 20-12 in this god-forsaken conference so far? That's a 62.5% winning percentage. Hardly dominating, certainly nothing close to what Gonzaga repeatedly does in its conference. We've yet to beat SMU.....SMU!! And that's with only one year of recruiting saddled with this conference. So as much as it pains me to say it, exactly how are we so head and shoulders above this conference? History only takes you so far. Until we're consistently beating everyone in the conference like red-headed step-children, I think it's hard to argue we don't belong here.

I certainly hope we find a way out soon, but let's keep this in perspective. Yes, we won it all last year....but this year we are looking NIT square in the face and are barely above .500 in an awful conference. Like it or not, sometimes you are the company you keep.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I see UConn fall to teams like SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, etc...and I wonder where the arrogance comes from...congrats on your titles, but UConn is not 'above' the AAC and the record shows as much.

Reaction Score
Yes, history means nothing - UConn belongs in the American Athletic Conference. Well said.
In the present, we are barely above .500 in the conference. How does that make the conference a joke and us meaningfully superior? Trust me, I hate the conference, but it's not like we're dominating. What have I said that isn't true?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see UConn fall to teams like SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, etc...and I wonder where the arrogance comes from...congrats on your titles, but UConn is not 'above' the AAC and the record shows as much.

Congrats uconngb. You now agree with this fella.

Because 30 mediocre regular season games mean as much as the past 20 years...

Especially when in the middle
of those games... they you know... won a national championship.

Memphis did remove the ashtrays from some classrooms this year, so they are on the upswing. #americanrising

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We are the company we keep?

We are not Directional Florida or Directional Carolina University. We are not some school in Texas or Louisiana playing D1 basketball in a high school gymnasium. We are not a certain school in Tennessee whose fans believe it's their personal mission to keep the attitudes of rival fans in check.

We are less than 2 years removed from being one of the best programs in college basketball's best conference. If that doesn't do anything for you, then bless your soul.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Hey now, I still think Memphis is above Carleton U despite that loss. Above Stephen F. Austin as well.

Reaction Score
let me start by saying I HATE the AAC....despise it. Frankly, would rather be in the A-10.

That said, does everyone realize we are 20-12 in this god-forsaken conference so far? That's a 62.5% winning percentage. Hardly dominating, certainly nothing close to what Gonzaga repeatedly does in its conference. We've yet to beat SMU.....SMU!! And that's with only one year of recruiting saddled with this conference. So as much as it pains me to say it, exactly how are we so head and shoulders above this conference? History only takes you so far. Until we're consistently beating everyone in the conference like red-headed step-children, I think it's hard to argue we don't belong here.

I certainly hope we find a way out soon, but let's keep this in perspective. Yes, we won it all last year....but this year we are looking NIT square in the face and are barely above .500 in an awful conference. Like it or not, sometimes you are the company you keep.

I mean...I'm a guy who believes you have to play the hand you're dealt and gets frustrated by the constant conference moaning...but your post is ridiculous. It's actually not hard to argue that we don't belong here. My 4 year old could go all Clarence Darrow on you.

Reaction Score

We are not Directional Florida or Directional Carolina University. We are not some school in Texas or Louisiana playing D1 basketball in a high school gymnasium. We are not a certain school in Tennessee whose fans believe it's their personal mission to keep the attitudes of rival fans in check.

We are less than 2 years removed from being one of the best programs in college basketball's best conference. If that doesn't do anything for you, then bless your soul.
Then why aren't we blowing all those directional teams away? Including last year, when we had a team capable of winning it all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

F--- you.

Your scandal-ridden, won-nothing, community college shouldn't even be allowed inside the border of our state.

Do you know why the Big East never answered the phone when Memphis came begging year after year after year?

Because you're everything that's ever been wrong with college athletics.

Go away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the present, we are barely above .500 in the conference. How does that make the conference a joke and us meaningfully superior? Trust me, I hate the conference, but it's not like we're dominating. What have I said that isn't true?

Gee I don't know, maybe it's the 4 national championships, carrying the best NCAA league in history on their back for a decade and cranking out a few dozen NBA players.

Pretty much UConn's program is better than every other school in the entire conference added together (apologies to Cinci).

If you need it explained to you why decades of games mean more than the last 2 months.... I mean come on.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
F--- you.

Your scandal-ridden, won-nothing, community college shouldn't even be allowed inside the border of our state.

Do you know why the Big East never answered the phone when Memphis came begging year after year after year?

Go away.

lol, somebody needs a snickers!!!

423526_10150580207879831_87028944830_8617106_1887077986_n-1.jpg

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Then why aren't we blowing all those directional teams away? Including last year, when we had a team capable of winning it all.

This is college basketball. Teams lose to programs that are worse/less prestigious than theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I took great pleasure in watching Duke lose to Mercer last year. But to argue that Mercer has a superior program to Duke because of that game would be preposterous.

Reaction Score
I mean...I'm a guy who believes you have to play the hand you're dealt and gets frustrated by the constant conference moaning...but your post is ridiculous. It's actually not hard to argue that we don't belong here. My 4 year old could go all Clarence Darrow on you.
Make your arguments Clarence. In conference, over two years, we have a dominating conf winning % of 62.5%. I'll say again, for the 3rd time, I hate this conference, but we aren't exactly lighting it on fire. How do you explain the winning % if we are so far above the dregs in this conference? We've lost TWICE to Houston in 2 years. There is no equivalent to that in the old Big East.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

Yet you sure can lose to them...

Reaction Score
When
This is college basketball. Teams lose to programs that are worse/less prestigious than theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I took great pleasure in watching Duke lose to Mercer last year. But to argue that Mercer has a superior program to Duke because of that game would be preposterous.
exactly did I say that any of the other teams in this conf are superior to UConn? And btw, that was ONE game. We've lost TWELVE conf games in less than two years! Amazing attempt at debunking my argument...not.

Reaction Score
Make your arguments Clarence. In conference, over two years, we have a dominating conf winning % of 62.5%. I'll say again, for the 3rd time, I hate this conference, but we aren't exactly lighting it on fire. How do you explain the winning % if we are so far above the dregs in this conference? We've lost TWICE to Houston in 2 years. There is no equivalent to that in the old Big East.

My argument is that we won the National Championship last year, dimwit. Even a 4 year old knows that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

How do you explain the tournament last year? UConn won 6 games and the balance of the current American? Bupkis.

Reaction Score
F--- you.

Go away.

Can't you ban him?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol, somebody needs a snickers!!!

Someone needs a reality check.

Know what you are - you're a blight on college athletics and have been for decades. You'd need three or four hands to count the years you've spent on probation.

And your degree came out of a copy machine.

Reaction Score

Using a two year sample size is really stupid. That's pretty much it. There are a lot of historically great programs, such as Indiana and UCLA which would have had similar results in the AAC the past two years and would still not belong. UCONN has it's lowest total of NBA players this year in the past 10 years and they still have more NBA players than the rest of the conference combined. It's not an argument worth having.

Reaction Score
How do you explain the tournament last year? UConn won 6 games and the balance of the current American? Bupkis.
Great, I took huge pleasure in rising above it all last year, it was a magical ride. But now we're 8-6.... Last year clearly doesn't mean much now, otherwise no one would even show up to play us. Why is this so hard to understand? I'm not looking to diminish any of our history....I'm only saying that we can all bitch all we want, but if this conference was so non-competitive for us, why aren't we undefeated? For God,s sake, we're in 6th place and barely above .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom