AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eat the RPI Pacific, San Francisco and Portland. Eat your hearts out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like accurate information...

Yes, we can all rest easy. The AAC is fractionally ahead of the MVC because Creighton joined the Big East.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The reason UConn thinks it is above the conference is because it is.

They have earned that over the last 30 years. They ARE above Memphis, ECU, Tulsa, etc. They do not deserve to be associated with these programs.

That is factual reality.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
yep, spoiled rotten.

this season will be good for you guys...might teach a little humility.
Lol. We've had seasons like this in the past. Just 3 years ago actually. But we're UConn. We've earned our reputation as the best college basketball team in the last 20 years. The BEST. We earned that. Not spoiled at all. Know your place.

Reaction Score
As Jay Bilas said in Conquering Basketball, "The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elite, but over the past 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn. Storrs, Ct is now the unquestion capital city of college basketball." Its on youtube. You can hear the man say it himself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As Jay Bilas said in Conquering Basketball, "The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elite, but over the past 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn. Storrs, Ct is now the unquestion capital city of college basketball." Its on youtube. You can hear the man say it himself.

He needs to be set straight with the evidence that East Carolina has a basketball court to practice on. Their facilities rival East Catholic.

Reaction Score
or what? You gonna stop being a fan? Almost all of our games are national TV but you are not happy with what exactly?

BTW CBSSN IMO puts on a superior broadcast with better announcers than ESPN.
I don't get CBS SN. CBSSN may have the best broadcast ever to do basketball..I don't get CSBSN

Reaction Score
As long as I can watch our games I could care less which network carries them.
I would feel the same if I could tune in CBSSN..which I can't.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AAC gets 4 NCAA spots
CUSA gets 1

CUSA has a terrible TV contract that relegates all their games to CBSSN or FS1/2

CUSA earns 1/3 the money of the AAC.

as I said, you guys need to learn how the other half lives.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ehljf/6-american/

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ehljf/9-conference-usa/

We came from the Big East- The BIG DADDY of NCAA mens BB
I dont give a rat's ass about CUSA
Try being in UConn's shoes
It's like being in the English Premier League and ending up being relegated after winning 3 championships

Reaction Score
He needs to be set straight with the evidence that East Carolina has a basketball court to practice on. Their facilities rival East Catholic.

Have you ever been to ECU to see their facilities? I have, and I can attest to the fact that their practice facilities as well as their home court facilities are top notch. I am not happy to be in the AAC but please try to be honest at the very least regarding other school's facilities. Overall I wish our facilities were as good as ECU. Their baseball and football facilities are far beyond what we have to offer. Try to get out of Southington once in a while to see how the other half lives. ECU's basketball program does not compare to ours at this time, but to try to compare ECU's basketball facilities to East Catholic is idiotic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have you ever been to ECU to see their facilities? I have, and I can attest to the fact that their practice facilities as well as their home court facilities are top notch. I am not happy to be in the AAC but please try to be honest at the very least regarding other school's facilities. Overall I wish our facilities were as good as ECU. Their baseball and football facilities are far beyond what we have to offer. Try to get out of Southington once in a while to see how the other half lives. ECU's basketball program does not compare to ours at this time, but to try to compare ECU's basketball facilities to East Catholic is idiotic.

I've been to ECU and I don't live in Southington.

I find it hard to believe they have better football facilities than the Shank - but if you say so.

As for baseball facilities who gives a s*it.

You should take a trip to East Catholic and see their AAC level basketball practice court.

Reaction Score
or what? You gonna stop being a fan? Almost all of our games are national TV but you are not happy with what exactly?

BTW CBSSN IMO puts on a superior broadcast with better announcers than ESPN.
Right, and no "Duke" Vitale to deal with.

Reaction Score
I've been to ECU and I don't live in Southington.

I find it hard to believe they have better football facilities than the Shank - but if you say so.

As for baseball facilities who gives a s*it.

You should take a trip to East Catholic and see their AAC level basketball practice court.

You have obviously never seen the ECU basketball facilities. I recognize that construction costs in CT are much greater than NC. That being said ECU spent 17M on a new basketball practice facility. Please don't compare East Catholic facilities with ECU and expect to be taken seriously.

I apologize for thinking you were a Southington resident. Must have mistaken you for someone else.

I stand by my statement regarding their football facilities.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You have obviously never seen the ECU basketball facilities. I recognize that construction costs in CT are much greater than NC. That being said ECU spent 17M on a new basketball practice facility. Please don't compare East Catholic facilities with ECU and expect to be taken seriously.

I apologize for thinking you were a Southington resident. Must have mistaken you for someone else.

I stand by my statement regarding their football facilities.
Judging by their own website, ECU doesn't even have an indoor practice facility. If you mean they have a bigger stadium, no kidding.

http://www.ecupirates.com/facilities/cliff-moore-practice-fac.html

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Judging by their own website, ECU doesn't even have an indoor practice facility. If you mean they have a bigger stadium, no kidding.

http://www.ecupirates.com/facilities/cliff-moore-practice-fac.html

Yeah they don't. It's ridiculous that someone could claim to be a UConn fan and talk these programs up as if they belong on the same level.

They have a basketball court to practice on. That will get them out of the bottom 100 of the RPI hopefully.

Reaction Score
Yeah they don't. It's ridiculous that someone could claim to be a UConn fan and talk these programs up as if they belong on the same level.

They have a basketball court to practice on. That will get them out of the bottom 100 of the RPI hopefully.

I have never talked up their program. Just questioning your honesty in comparing ECU basketball facilities with East Catholic HS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have never talked up their program. Just questioning your honesty in comparing ECU basketball facilities with East Catholic HS.

Based on the picture they are very similar. Unless you are trying to make a point that East Catholic doesn't seat 7k for games - and based on your post about football 'facilities' I'm guessing you lost track of what the word refers to around here.

Reaction Score
Based on the picture they are very similar. Unless you are trying to make a point that East Catholic doesn't seat 7k for games - and based on your post about football 'facilities' I'm guessing you lost track of what the word refers to around here.

You made the comment that I should visit East Catholic to see their basketball facilities that rival ECU's. Regarding football facilities, having been in both the Shenk and Burt as well as Rentschler many times I stand by my comments regarding ECU facilities. I have a hard time believing you can make the same claim vis a vis ECU and East Catholic basketball practice facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom