AAC | The Boneyard

AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is starting to get to me. Too many games on CBS SN which I don't get. Football had to many now B-Ball. Need to get to P5 soon.

Reaction Score
is starting to get to me. Too many games on CBS SN which I don't get. Football had to many now B-Ball. Need to get to P5 soon.

There are only a handful of teams with more games on ESPN1 and ESPN2 than UConn. Most good P5 schools don't play as many. When I checked last year, NC State got 4 games on ESPN 1 and 2, whereas NC State got 4.

I think UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Syracuse, and a couple others, are the only schools with more ESPN exposure.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
in football, AAC ended up with:

50 games on the ESPN family of networks
15 games on CBSSN
3 games on ABC

That works for me...
http://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/GameList?year=2014&conference=American#.VHtw43y9KrU

in basketball, AAC ended up with:

41 conference games on the ESPN family of networks
25 games on CBSSN
2 scheduled for CBS
17 non conference games will be televised on national networks.

you guys should go spend some time in CUSA, and see how the other half lives.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

15 games on CBSSN
3 games on ABC

That works for me...
http://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/GameList?year=2014&conference=American#.VHtw43y9KrU

25 games on CBSSN
2 scheduled for CBS

We are in conference USA.

Reaction Score
Need to get to P5 soon.

or what? You gonna stop being a fan? Almost all of our games are national TV but you are not happy with what exactly?

BTW CBSSN IMO puts on a superior broadcast with better announcers than ESPN.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
You should be put in charge of recruiting for UCONN, you are a heck of a salesman.

Huh?

This conference is killing our recruiting, if you haven't noticed. You can bury your head if you want, but this league will kill our basketball program.

Reaction Score
Huh?

This conference is killing our recruiting, if you haven't noticed. You can bury your head if you want, but this league will kill our basketball program.

Complaining about our recruiting is a boneyard ritual that has been going on for the last 10 years. The Giffey, Napier class was a sure sign that JC lost his ability to recruit.

I personally don't see any drop in our recruiting at all. We seldom get the top elite recruits, yet Hamilton and Adams are most certainly elite.

Keep crying chicken little, one of these days your world will end and you can rest.

Last edited:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

15 games on CBSSN
3 games on ABC

That works for me...

25 games on CBSSN
2 scheduled for CBS

UConn fans are more than a little delusional. Forgive them. Most of them can't comprehend that we were one rebound and free throw by Brimah from total athletic insignificance.
Most of them don't understand that 2-10 football teams don't get dates with the homecoming queens.
Most of them are too dumb to realize that the Memphis/BYU was the highlight of the AAC season. Thank you.
Most of them don't get that UCF, Memphis and East Carolina kept us from being an overpaid A-10.
And that Tulsa is the best basketball team in the AAC and that we will be lucky to end in third place.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that even if we had UK's recruiting classes, the fans here would still complain. "Not enough balance" or something.

Reaction Score
As long as I can watch our games I could care less which network carries them.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I will say having all 18 games nationally televised is slight upgrade for us coming from the Big East. If you didn't live in Cincinnati, then there were 3-4 league games you had to stream online and since it was the Big East usually one or two of them were big games for NCAA tournament purposes.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
We know how the other half lives, we used to be in a power conference. Now we are here with Tulsa, Tulane, ECU etc. etc.

LMFAO, that's not the other HALF...

CUSA, WCC, Sun Belt, MVC, MAC, MWC, Big West, Patriot, MAAC, and many, many others wish to the basketball Gods they could play in a basketball conference like the AAC...

you guys are really spoiled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

CUSA, WCC, Sun Belt, MVC, MAC, MWC, Big West, Patriot, MAAC, and many, many others wish to the basketball Gods they could play in a basketball conference like the AAC...

Nobody in the MVC or WCC or MWC would want to be in the AAC.

You might remember teams actually left to go back to the MWC.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score

Spoiled? 4 national championships in 15 years and we're spoiled to not want to be in a glorified C-USA? You do realize that UConn is a top 5 program in the history of college basketball? You're lucky to even have name association with UConn.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Nobody in the MVC or WCC or MWC would want to be in the AAC.

You might remember teams actually left to go back to the MWC.

lol, that's because their admins don't give a crap about basketball...news flash...most schools don't.

honestly, I don't blame them.

and yes, Wichita State (MVC) would join this conference in a second.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Spoiled? 4 national championships in 15 years and we're spoiled to not want to be in a glorified C-USA? You do realize that UConn is a top 5 program in the history of college basketball? You're lucky to even have name association with UConn.

yep, spoiled rotten.

this season will be good for you guys...might teach a little humility.

kobe

Reaction Score

Actually the WCC is currently ranked higher than the American in terms of RPI. We are playing in the 9th best conference battling with the Missouri Valley to stay out of the 10th spot. I know after all those years of horrible competition you are thrilled to be in the AAC (a conference you will probably never win), but be realistic...

kobe

Reaction Score
lol, that's because their admins don't give a crap about basketball...news flash...most schools don't.

honestly, I don't blame them.

and yes, Wichita State (MVC) would join this conference in a second.
San Diego State doesn't care about basketball?? They were one of the schools to back out.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Actually the WCC is currently ranked higher than the American in terms of RPI. We are playing in the 9th best conference battling with the Missouri Valley to stay out of the 10th spot. I know after all those years of horrible competition you are thrilled to be in the AAC (a conference you will probably never win), but be realistic...

you don't live in reality...

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2015/conferencerpi

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
San Diego State doesn't care about basketball?? They were one of the schools to back out.

no sir, they still wanted to come...without Boise, we didn't want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom