AAC Website is up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC Website is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, they are laughing at those UConn "fans" that have let the current situation become so all-encompassing that they are miserable over everything and insist on sharing their misery at every conceivable opportunity. Every time I look at the UK logo I look at it as another reason to whine uncontrollably too

As for the UConn issue - it's ridiculous. Marketing is about recognition and brand equity. Even without official sanction the students, alums and 90% of broadcast references use it. One can throw that away or build on it. Here's a clue, throwing it away would be a losing battle because UConn is so engrained that they'd keep using it anyway.

BTW: Ask visiting fans and they'll tell you that when the crowd is into the game, the "U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn" chant is very impressive.

When we beat ND we drowned out the ND band with our chant. Thats all you could hear on TV. My former boss who hates UCONN said he was sick to his stomach listening to that.

But I guess it's small time.

Dan - what you don't get about us middle aged guys is that we were there when Big Red started the chant. It became our thing. Organically. It made us UCONN. That is our brand like it or not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UConnHuskies.com agnowledges new conference, but not the existence of UCF.

I hate stuff like this because it makes HFD look not-100% crazy. How do you remember Tulane and forget a team that's ALREADY IN THE CONFERENCE?!?!?!?!

Exactly. Stuff keeps and keeps happening small stuff like this and bigger things yet a good size of the crowd here thinks its me. I mean navy? Not yet. And so on. This was a butcher all around. Nothing new for uconn...

That's actually the way rebranding works. If the logo changes are substantial you tie them together until the new one stands on its own. That had nothing to do with whether you like or don't like the new logo.

Well they did a great job then. It's so small you can't see the wolf to tell its features besides its straight up pointy era and is hard to read uconn at the bottom. My dad the first time I showed him a ESPN recruiting list to see the logo vs others had to put on his glasses and then he just laughed. Bravo uconn. That's big boy material right here. Hey, did u know uconn is very proud that there logo was free? It's something to be proud of these days. They told us so over and over t the press conf. Free. It's like winning. Free win freeing winning.

Reaction Score
HFD has been pretty off the wall lately and I'm not even sure if you were writing this specifically about the U C O N N chant, but Dan is right, the cheer leaders have absolutely butchered that change and done everything in their power to ruin my favorite UConn tradition.

As awesome as that chant can sound at Gampel, imagine it times 4 at the rent?

That's true. They have botched it at the football games for sure. When it happens naturally it is magic.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Stuff keeps and keeps happening small stuff like this and bigger things yet a good size of the crowd here thinks its me. I mean navy? Not yet. And so on. This was a butcher all around. Nothing new for uconn...

Well they did a great job then. It's so small you can't see the wolf to tell its features besides its straight up pointy era and is hard to read uconn at the bottom. My dad the first time I showed him a ESPN recruiting list to see the logo vs others had to put on his glasses and then he just laughed. Bravo uconn. That's big boy material right here. Hey, did u know uconn is very proud that there logo was free? It's something to be proud of these days. They told us so over and over t the press conf. Free. It's like winning. Free win freeing winning.

I didn't even look at it. I'm not saying they did it right. I'm explaining how it works. And btw 90 pct of the country didn't know we played FCS football anyway so this whole nonsense about our tradition is a bit silly. Nationally with regards to football? We have none.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I didn't even look at it. I'm not saying they did it right. I'm explaining how it works. And btw 90 pct of the country didn't know we played FCS football anyway so this whole nonsense about our tradition is a bit silly. Nationally with regards to football? We have none.

We had 10 years of block c which no other school was using and 10 years of mixed uconn vs connecticut use. We were n our way to establishing the state name and letter c in the cf world. We just killed those first 10 years. Those years were special because we went from nothing to something extremely quick against all odds and opinions. We were a great story. Murdered that story overnight.

When it comes o a official schedule for this fall please name one other state named land grant school that uses its nickname? Honest question.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Our bio on the American website screams "B1G, please let us in!"

Quick Facts

The University of Connecticut is among the top 25 leading public research universities in the nation. UConn's main campus in Storrs is admitting the highest-achieving freshmen in University history.
  • Nickname: UConn, Huskies
  • Enrollment: 30,256
  • Founded: 1881
  • Colors: Blue, Red, and White
  • President: Susan Herbst
  • Athletic Director: Warde Manuel

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I haven't been to a bb game in years. Does big red still do his thing?

When we beat ND we drowned out the ND band with our chant. Thats all you could hear on TV. My former boss who hates UCONN said he was sick to his stomach listening to that.

But I guess it's small time.

Dan - what you don't get about us middle aged guys is that we were there when Big Red started the chant. It became our thing. Organically. It made us UCONN. That is our brand like it or not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Our bio on the American website screams "B1G, please let us in!"

Quick Facts

The University of Connecticut is among the top 25 leading public research universities in the nation. UConn's main campus in Storrs is admitting the highest-achieving freshmen in University history.

• [ ]Nickname: UConn, Huskies
    [ ]Enrollment: 30,256
    [ ]Location: Storrs, CT
    [ ]Founded: 1881
    [ ]Colors: Blue, Red, and White
    [ ]President: Susan Herbst
    [ ]Athletic Director: Warde Manuel

Nick name - uconn

1)That's gold considering all the clowns here.

2) were not close to the b10 and that profile screams acc. Do u know hoe big b10 schools are? He'll Rutgers is twice the size of uconn. Two times.

3) the picture of the school screams community college.

4) the last sentence screams flash in the pan. They hold say something about usr or what ever but it sounds cheesy.

Reaction Score
We had 10 years of block c which no other school was using and 10 years of mixed uconn vs connecticut use. We were n our way to establishing the state name and letter c in the cf world. We just killed those first 10 years. Those years were special because we went from nothing to something extremely quick against all odds and opinions. We were a great story. Murdered that story overnight.

When it comes o a official schedule for this fall please name one other state named land grant school that uses its nickname? Honest question.

Where is it written in stone that a land grant school must use its entire state name or otherwise it is small time? Honest question.

I liked the block C. I'd have kept it.

But the facts are this. Tell anyone you went to "Connecticut" and they will make a face. Then you have to say "The University of Connecticut. In Storrs. You know. UConn?" Then they nod and go "ahh". I've had that same conversation at least 100 times.

You have an opinion. A valid one. But it isn't a fact. And it isn't binary. Do what HFD wants or the school is doomed.

I'd change the colors to pink and green if Nick Saban would coach here.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Where is it written in stone that a land grant school must use its entire state name or otherwise it is small time? Honest question.

I liked the block C. I'd have kept it.

But the facts are this. Tell anyone you went to "Connecticut" and they will make a face. Then you have to say "The University of Connecticut. In Storrs. You know. UConn?" Then they nod and go "ahh". I've had that same conversation at least 100 times.

You have an opinion. A valid one. But it isn't a fact. And it isn't binary. Do what HFD wants or the school is doomed.

I'd change the colors to pink and green if Nick Saban would coach here.

Answer- not one other state name land grant. Thanks for playing. We never gave connecticut and the block c a fair shake because we didn't convert bball and the rest of the school to it. It was not a all out brand. That's why it failed. Now were willing to give the wolf and uconn across the board a try. It's not fair to the state name and the block c.

Here is a little clue for the people here. In the Midwest and south thousands of high school kids play football every year. Some of them go to college. Few to d1 schools. And a extreme few play college football. They all however like the sport. It's why thy play. So they o on with life. Over time they are somewhat raised on and then adopt the state u. These people are known as rednecks and gangsters to the polo wearing Rich jackaszes up here. Those locals who life somewhat not as well off life's as college grads root for the state name and identity. They buy Ickes and are a significant part of the brand spreading state and family wide. Over time the state nd alum base become one. In connecticut for a bit we were developing that. I knew many kids who played hs football who were imediately interested or casual fans and a few diehards. We were developing that deep state wide following. Now the name changes. People are not going to feel that identity because uconn is not a state. It's known here as a chant at a bball game and a nickname. What you I'd is sacrifice the local identity for the national look. It's lazy. It's dissing your home town crowd. You cater to our home crowd and you work hard to develops the national perception you want. They are doing it asz backwards. On purpose. They are trying to take bball goodwill built up in the uconn name and magically act like our football deserves the same respect. It's lazy and cheap and it alienates the home state.

Reaction Score
So say you.

I say people just want to see a winning product on the field. And I like consistent branding. Which we didn't have. Not saying I'd have done it this way but at least it will be consistent.

And if ditching anything that had to do with UCONN was the alternative - as of now that's the only real brand identity we have.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The picture of Jonathan wearing a American hat may be the worst thing yet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have become a caricature of the biggest lunatic in an insane asylum. Please get help.
Why so he can become a lesser lunatic?

HFD keep being the bull loony. It's an unforgiving job but someone's got to do it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If its not to late to jump on the chant wagon.

The solution is to let the band take the lead in prompting the crowd with some type of fan fare after the extra point/FG. When the music stops, the crowd spikes the U-C-O-N-N.

Current problem is the cheer squad lumbering about to get the letters, get in position, wait for the drum roll, before getting off tempo and the delay caused by the PA system throwing off the rest of the crowd.

It all takes too long and the moment is lost.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Answer- not one other state name land grant. Thanks for playing. We never gave connecticut and the block c a fair shake because we didn't convert bball and the rest of the school to it. It was not a all out brand. That's why it failed. Now were willing to give the wolf and uconn across the board a try. It's not fair to the state name and the block c.

Here is a little clue for the people here. In the Midwest and south thousands of high school kids play football every year. Some of them go to college. Few to d1 schools. And a extreme few play college football. They all however like the sport. It's why thy play. So they o on with life. Over time they are somewhat raised on and then adopt the state u. These people are known as rednecks and gangsters to the polo wearing Rich jackaszes up here. Those locals who life somewhat not as well off life's as college grads root for the state name and identity. They buy Ickes and are a significant part of the brand spreading state and family wide. Over time the state nd alum base become one. In connecticut for a bit we were developing that. I knew many kids who played hs football who were imediately interested or casual fans and a few diehards. We were developing that deep state wide following. Now the name changes. People are not going to feel that identity because uconn is not a state. It's known here as a chant at a bball game and a nickname. What you I'd is sacrifice the local identity for the national look. It's lazy. It's dissing your home town crowd. You cater to our home crowd and you work hard to develops the national perception you want. They are doing it asz backwards. On purpose. They are trying to take bball goodwill built up in the uconn name and magically act like our football deserves the same respect. It's lazy and cheap and it alienates the home state.

What is the title of school fight song?

Reaction Score

There will never be a time in our time when the Midwest will view "Connecticut" as anything but a lot of letters and a tiny state. Until that time, we can get better branded with recognition and respect by pumpin' and pimpin' "UConn" instead. I love my home state and love the way CONNECTICUT looks across the hoops jersey especially but a pumped up Nantz-emphasis on the 'UConn Huskies, National Champions - again!' Sounds like that works for me.

Reaction Score
American_Conf 6:11pm via TweetDeck
Have a question for Commissioner Mike Aresco? Send questions using #AskAresco - Will answer some directly at 2pm ET Tuesday

I predict this doesn't end well.

They will pick a few softballs to swing @... nothing earthshattering. I just feel for the poor batstard suggested it in the first place and the other poor batstard who has to comb through the drivel to find a couple that aren't already made up sitting on Mikey's desk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your administration has the momentum of a runaway train. Why are you so popular? #askaresco

Reaction Score
Your administration has the momentum of a runaway train. Why are you so popular? #askaresco

That's mild...

We take the stairs (@NoEscalators)
7/1/13, 8:21 PM
Which is worse, cracker, the n-word, or Tulsa basketball? #AskAresco

Has to be going on two dozen.

Reaction Score
If its not to late to jump on the chant wagon.

The solution is to let the band take the lead in prompting the crowd with some type of fan fare after the extra point/FG. When the music stops, the crowd spikes the U-C-O-N-N.

Current problem is the cheer squad lumbering about to get the letters, get in position, wait for the drum roll, before getting off tempo and the delay caused by the PA system throwing off the rest of the crowd.

It all takes too long and the moment is lost.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

It works well on the road because the crowd is confined and they are all diehards. At the rent so many people aren't even paying attention to anything other than their next beer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's mild...

We take the stairs (@NoEscalators)
7/1/13, 8:21 PM
Which is worse, cracker, the n-word, or Tulsa basketball? #AskAresco

Has to be going on two dozen.

Hopefully someone got mine. It's from when Burns runs for office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom