AAC Website is up | The Boneyard

AAC Website is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The AAC website has gone live. I have been a fan of the new logo, but I have to admit I do not like the looks of it in the website banner. They have to do something about that - either lose the UCONN lettering to make the husky larger or make the letters white so you can seem them.

A Facebook page is up also and "we" (The American) have retained some features of old Big East page (including its almost 32 K "likes"). The new Catholic Big East also has a Facebook page up but only a splash page for the www.bigeast.org website.

Reaction Score
The AAC website has gone live. I have been a fan of the new logo, but I have to admit I do not like the looks of it in the website banner. They have to do something about that - either lose the UCONN lettering to make the husky larger or make the letters white so you can seem them.

A Facebook page is up also and "we" (The American) have retained some features of old Big East page (including its almost 32 K "likes"). The new Catholic Big East also has a Facebook page up but only a splash page for the www.bigeast.org website.
Suggestion to Fishy & Mods: Add the AAC website to the Media Links drop down menu above please.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yup the logo looks bad. It's the same everywhere. Look at a ESPN recruiting list vs other schools logos. Same story. You can't have uconn and the wolf both together.

Why do they? They know its so far fetched from the dog they had that no one recognizes it besides fans of uconn. So they have to let ppl know what it is by writing uconn. The red outline on some sites they use also sucks. It just screams look at me our colors are good enough so we outline in red.

Everything about it sucks in so many ways. It's just going to take the children here more time to realize what a disaster it is. When you rebrand and you need to write your name on something so ppl know its you, you suck.

Good logos have 1 aggressive part about them. The beck of the Lville cardinal, the teeth of the Florida gator and so on. The most aggressive or stand out part of our logo is the wolfs ears because they are big proportionally to the rest of the wolf face. The teeth are not that noticeable. It's a god dam joke. It really is. Keep supporting it all u clowns.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like that Google returned the Appalachian Athletic League prior to the American.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't plan on visiting the AAC website very often so I don't care how our logo looks there. It works better on our website and espn.com, which is where a lot more clicks and eyeballs will go. As long as they don't change the colors like the AAC website did it'll be OK except for the people who hate it already.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

#17 for example(dham)
See the size difference at ESPN also? It looks silly. They need to ditch either the wolf or uconn so that at the worst we have just a normal looking size logo. Unreal.

Hey holy crap I just noticed that UK has a blue and white letter logo. Don't they know that ukent would be a way better name for them officially? Also they are blue and white, they should know that red outlines of there logo score them major points with first graders and old men having a mid life crisis. Red is cool. Red wins winningly winning win. Win.

Yea u know what same with duke. That blue block d is really not cool.

I have a little secret to tell everyone, Boston college, umass, Syracuse, temple and Rutgers are all laughing at us. Hell saint johns even got a chuckle.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
When you have to say that fans from BC, UMass, Cuse temple and Rutgers share your opinion on an issue, you're probably not going to convince many boneyarders to change their opinion to yours.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
When you have to say that fans from BC, UMass, Cuse temple and Rutgers share your opinion on an issue, you're probably not going to convince many boneyarders to change their opinion to yours.

#bleedred

Reaction Score
Actually, they are laughing at those UConn "fans" that have let the current situation become so all-encompassing that they are miserable over everything and insist on sharing their misery at every conceivable opportunity. Every time I look at the UK logo I look at it as another reason to whine uncontrollably too

As for the UConn issue - it's ridiculous. Marketing is about recognition and brand equity. Even without official sanction the students, alums and 90% of broadcast references use it. One can throw that away or build on it. Here's a clue, throwing it away would be a losing battle because UConn is so engrained that they'd keep using it anyway.

BTW: Ask visiting fans and they'll tell you that when the crowd is into the game, the "U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn" chant is very impressive.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
#bleedred

tate-george.jpg

junglehusky

Reaction Score
We're UConn, but let's be more like Duke and Kentucky!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

I'm sorry is that connecticut on the front of there jerseys?

Sored on a jersey from 1920 means we outline a wolf in 2013?

If your going for the tradition thing with red, then explain to me why we just murdered the white dog and ditched the block C? I thought your red thing was about tradition?

You are a hot mess thinking wise just like Susan and warde. This is my point.

It's all a mess.

The correct answers to the issue were the following
1). Things stay the same accept for taking away the tounge of the dog and putting teeth and then making the block c and dog across the board the logo
2) going a crazy new route and doing a dog paw and a aggressive c(old English for example)
3) ditching the dog and going block c for everything or the interlocking uc for everything

We instead murdered a dog for a white wolf. We ditched the lock c and we renamed ourselves the nickname. Now our pride of the state name means nothing. Ask people not from the north east where uconn is located in 5 years. I imagine just as many ppl say Canada, Alaska or the North Pole as ppl say connecticut.

Ppl here are to funny. You defend the red by saying we used to rock it and tradition and blah blah but fail to see how screwed that argument is.

If it was me as ad I would have cleaned the football staff, the marketing diet and several other clowns out. Hired a new person for each spot. Gotten real aggressive with marketing a new future with KO and the new fball coach. I would have done a blue old English c across the board and either the dog minor change or the paw print and gone to war media wise. Instead, were a glorified community college. Some here take this like I'm ripping academics. I'm not, they are great. But you name is uconn. It sounds like a community college. Then you hang out with commuter schools in the AAC. That hurts the perception also. You have to figure this stuff in. Chesus

If we went to the b10 or acc no one takes uconn as a commuter or community sounding name because our piers are all big boys or privates. Big difference. Leadership here contributes to miss the boat by the ocean load.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We're UConn, but let's be more like Duke and Kentucky!

Yup because those 2 schools don't make 20 mil plus a year and are 2 of only 6 schools all time ahead of us bball wise.

YEA, NO ONE WANTS TO BE THOSE SCHOOLS.

DO U HAVE ANY CLUE HOW DUMB THAT SOUNDS???

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Red or no red, either way has history all I want is consistency across sports and we finally got that.

UConn vs. Connecticut is a decision that we have both names but one has greater recognition specifically to the university. So do you want to drop that and piss off the grads who say "I went to UConn" and lose the name recognition from people in California and Texas who know what UConn is but couldn't find Connecticut on a map? They don't need to know where UConn is, they don't need to find CT on a map, we just want them to recognize the name UConn with winning tournaments and secondarily academics and then when they want to apply to college they can look it up on google or wikipedia in two duck*ing seconds. If they google Connecticut they're not going to get anything useful. That's what UConn does that Connecticut doesn't. You should ask people from different parts of the country what the associate with Connecticut. It's not as positive as you think. At least with the name UConn the school can forge its own separate identity.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
#bleedred

Ucommunity

Wolf

Aac

Win

These are a few you your favorite thing(singing voice).....

My favorites?
My home state connecticut
Dark blue while we're surrounded by shades of red
A blue dog or aggressive paw tracks
Acc or b10 or at least not having drinks while big boys talk moves
20mil a year

Reaction Score
Yup the logo looks bad. It's the same everywhere. Look at a ESPN recruiting list vs other schools logos. Same story. You can't have uconn and the wolf both together..

They have to put the new husky and the name together for at least the first year in order to get everyone to associate one with the other. I am pretty sure they will move the "UCONN" off the bottom once they feel comfortable that the husky face is recognizable enough as being associated with our sports teams.

If you start throwing around the husky by itself right away, it is different enough from the old logo to the point where no one is going to know what the hell team that is. We have not even played a sporting event with this new husky as the logo. Give it some time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
They have to put the new husky and the name together for at least the first year in order to get everyone to associate one with the other. I am pretty sure they will move the "UCONN" off the bottom once they feel comfortable that the husky face is recognizable enough as being associated with our sports teams.

If you start throwing around the husky by itself right away, it is different enough from the old logo to the point where no one is going to know what the hell team that is. We have not even played a sporting event with this new husky as the logo. Give it some time.

Or at the most crucial time ever in uconn sports and just overall school history .....

You could just not f with the brand and screw yourself until your better off. But hey, if the ship is goong down why not shoot your left leg so your hoping on the deck as u go down. Makes sense. Keep defending warde and susan. They are doing a great job so far.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the equity of the old Samoyed brand has done us loads of good so far in conference realignment. Guess we have to hold out faint hope that changing the picture of the cartoon dog isn't the death blow for the university.

Reaction Score
If Ohio state can dress up a nut with arms and legs and be a too program I think we r fine. It's what you do on the field that does the talking.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
#bleedred

Ucommunity

Wolf

Aac

Win

These are a few you your favorite thing(singing voice).....

My favorites?
My home state connecticut
Dark blue while we're surrounded by shades of red
A blue dog or aggressive paw tracks
Acc or b10 or at least not having drinks while big boys talk moves
20mil a year
Let's call the whole thing off!

Seriously though - you seem to be of the opinion the red trim and the UConn name is the reason UConn isn't in a power conference. It's not. And just cause some fans come down on one side of the logo debate or the name debate or the red trim debate does not duck*ing mean that I/we are happy with the AAC. That's a lazy and/or intentionally misleading argument, and since you are supposedly a law student I hope you have been taught better.

There are other issues that may be symptomatic of problems with the way the athletic department is being run (and you are often right about them), but these issues ARE NOT THEM. I would bet my car (I'd bet my house but I don't own one yet, hopefully soon...) that Herbst and UConn commissioned an in-depth marketing survey on the weight of "UConn" vs. the weight of "Connecticut / University of Connecticut" in the minds of potential students, their families, not only in the northeast but nationwide, and that the results of the survey indicated that switching not just the athletic department, but the whole duck*ing University brand to UConn would pay off.

I don't #bleedred, I just want a consistent look across all teams. But hey go ahead and paint me with that brush, what do I care.

Oh by the way, nothing says lazy, boring, generic branding suitable for a middle school than a paw print. You can't seriously say a paw print is "aggressive" and claim to have any marketing cred. It's slightly more aggressive than an orange, I guess, but that's not saying much.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Let's call the whole thing off!

Seriously though - you seem to be of the opinion the red trim and the UConn name is the reason UConn isn't in a power conference. It's not. And just cause some fans come down on one side of the logo debate or the name debate or the red trim debate does not f* *ing mean that I/we are happy with the AAC. That's a lazy and/or intentionally misleading argument, and since you are supposedly a law student I hope you have been taught better.

There are other issues that may be symptomatic of problems with the way the athletic department is being run (and you are often right about them), but these issues ARE NOT THEM. I would bet my car (I'd bet my house but I don't own one yet, hopefully soon...) that Herbst and UConn commissioned an in-depth marketing survey on the weight of "UConn" vs. the weight of "Connecticut / University of Connecticut" in the minds of potential students, their families, not only in the northeast but nationwide, and that the results of the survey indicated that switching not just the athletic department, but the whole f* *ing University brand to UConn would pay off.

I don't #bleedred, I just want a consistent look across all teams. But hey go ahead and paint me with that brush, what do I care.

Oh by the way, nothing says lazy, boring, generic branding suitable for a middle school than a paw print. You can't seriously say a paw print is "aggressive" and claim to have any marketing cred. It's slightly more aggressive than an orange, I guess, but that's not saying much.

The acc was weak on #1 land grant state school and always has been but UNC, UVA and md really were so strong at the top that they held the acc up. When md left there was no better time in the world for connecticut to pump its land grant state name and identity as a way to further help the acc. The lobbying power and what ever else you want to talk about. The acc instead took a commuter school from Kentucky who will never touch Kentucky. Everyone from warde to the gov screwed that up.

This past year if there was ever a time to pump connecticut it was to the acc. Instead we used a nickname which while it has no real influence on academics it sadly whether ppl here will admit it or not sounds like commuter or community. That false identity is what it is. Makes it easier brand wise for Louisville to be picked among the other things going on.

Uconn vs connecticut I believe could have helped get us that acc invite. That's my position. Everything here the past year or so has been done in reaction to things or done without vision and thought towards the future.

I am still waiting for one human being on this planet to tell me why every other state uses its land grant by name and not nickname.

It's not about what fans or commentators or sports center heads say. They can say uconn or PSU or wvu or tech whatever but the official name is the state name. We ditched that.

The acc was desperate for a state name land grant. It made almost to much sense. Picking uconn over connecticut at the very best on your side of the argument didn't help because we're in the a a c today.

A paw print done right can be aggressive and fresh. I'm not talking Clemson but hey they are getting paid so what are you talking about?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Now you're just making * up, and the * you're fabricating doesn't even make sense.

Reaction Score
This past year if there was ever a time to pump connecticut it was to the acc. Instead we used a nickname which while it has no real influence on academics it sadly whether ppl here will admit it or not sounds like commuter or community. That false identity is what it is. Makes it easier brand wise for Louisville to be picked among the other things going on.

Uconn vs connecticut I believe could have helped get us that acc invite. That's my position. Everything here the past year or so has been done in reaction to things or done without vision and thought towards the future.

I am still waiting for one human being on this planet to tell me why every other state uses its land grant by name and not nickname.

It's funny that you say this when three of the teams just selected for a new conference are called Mizzou, Rutgers and Pitt. That may be your position, but it's wrong. Plenty of schools like UCLA, USC, and Ole Miss have plenty of prestige despite being known largely by a nickname. Personally I always like to say Connecticut, but I don't mind the change to UConn as it is the more recognizable name.

I do agree with you about the wolf head logo. I liked the friendly dog. I think it looked better and it was recognizable as UConn, so why reinvent the wheel? Now we have to hope fans can figure out why our wolf looking dog is different from the other wolf looking dog logos out there. I think in 20 years this logo will be remembered as the "new coke" of our logos in that we messed up something good just for the sake of change. It's a bunch of marketing idiots trying to justify their jobs that ends up with stuff like this. Surprisingly I actually do like the unis and helmets.

Reaction Score
The acc was weak on #1 land grant state school and always has been but UNC, UVA and md really were so strong at the top that they held the acc up. When md left there was no better time in the world for connecticut to pump its land grant state name and identity as a way to further help the acc. The lobbying power and what ever else you want to talk about. The acc instead took a commuter school from Kentucky who will never touch Kentucky. Everyone from warde to the gov screwed that up.

It's not about what fans or commentators or sports center heads say. They can say uconn or PSU or wvu or tech whatever but the official name is the state name. We ditched that.

The acc was desperate for a state name land grant. It made almost to much sense. Picking uconn over connecticut at the very best on your side of the argument didn't help because we're in the a a c today.

A paw print done right can be aggressive and fresh. I'm not talking Clemson but hey they are getting paid so what are you talking about?

Again. For about the 16th time. UPenn. Penn State. Cal. UCLA. UVA. UNC. Mizzou. UConn. It fits right in. Connecticut is hard to spell and say. I doesn't roll of the tongue. You have been proven wrong on this, just give it up.

Further, the paw print would have been the most hackneyed, low budget conference USA thing we could have possibly done. Would you want claw marks all over the jerseys like Cinci too? Jesus. Clemson is Clemson. They own the paw print, and have for a while.

I used to find you funny, but you have become insufferable. Take a deep breath, and if you are a true UConn fan accept where we are, what is done is done, and support the team so we can hopefully get somewhere better eventually. If everyone keeps bitching about what didn't happen or what could have been, we will be stuck here forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom