AAC Tournament Cancelled | Page 12 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well if you are banking on the state you are out of luck too - our state lab can only test about 100 at a time. But, the private sector is ramping up.
20 tests a day in CT. is what my buddy told me. I'm seeing coherent messaging from a lot of the states and they aren't lying snd minimizing the situation.

South Korea and the US had their first cases on the same day, January 20th. As of last Sunday we had tested 1,700 Americans South Korea had tested 190,000. As of now we're up to a whopping 11,000. South Korea 230,000+

Reaction Score
I don’t get this. Schools are gonna close.
I teach in a school and we’re still open. “Gonna” close yes, my point is March madness cancels 12 hours ago with only 50 people in arena but hundreds of kids packed into a building remain open all day today and tmrw. U wud think schools would be the first to cancel. That was my only point really. Found it strange that tourney cancelled before school

Reaction Score
If they play a delayed tournament I will be super pissed. If they don’t give kids another year, no matter freshman or senior, double pissed. Soooooooooo lame. Whole thing is so dumb. It’s the freaking flu people. Sweat it out. Can’t believe it. Just watched us play Tulane. 5 days later and I haven’t died. I was with my 73 year old parents. They haven’t died. Exercise people.

Reaction Score
If they play a delayed tournament I will be super pissed. If they don’t give kids another year, no matter freshman or senior, double pissed. Soooooooooo lame. Whole thing is so dumb. It’s the freaking flu people. Sweat it out. Can’t believe it. Just watched us play Tulane. 5 days later and I haven’t died. I was with my 73 year old parents. They haven’t died. Exercise people.

Might be a new record here.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen (even though I haven't looked that hard) any comments on the bright side of this issue. Now they can scrape that god awful American Athletic Conference logo off the court at Gampel and at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
For the "just a flu" people. More people died in 1 day in Italy yesterday from the virus than they had in 3 months of the flu (250 vs. 240).

Reaction Score
For the "just a flu" people. More people died in 1 day in Italy yesterday from the virus than they had in 3 months of the flu (250 vs. 240).
The demographics of the dead in Italy are 90% over 80 (and most if not all of the others are over 60) simply because the Italian hospitals are steadfastly refusing to treat older people who have contracted this disease. Also, the deaths in China mostly came from the Woohan area when the virus first appeared. The deaths in most other areas of China are of a minimal percentage of the infected. Of the 40 deaths in the USA, most are over 80 and over 30 are in Washington State.

Reaction Score
20 tests a day in CT. is what my buddy told me. I'm seeing coherent messaging from a lot of the states and they aren't lying snd minimizing the situation.

South Korea and the US had their first cases on the same day, January 20th. As of last Sunday we had tested 1,700 Americans South Korea had tested 190,000. As of now we're up to a whopping 11,000. South Korea 230,000+
See this re South Korea:

Paul Sperry

@paulsperry_

BREAKING: S. Korea significantly reducing lethality of coronavirus by prescribing a chloroquine diphosphate salt + zinc treatment combo to block COVID-19 viral enzyme @ 500 mg per day of chloroquine + zinc for 10 days

Reaction Score
The demographics of the dead in Italy are 90% over 80 (and most if not all of the others are over 60) simply because the Italian hospitals are steadfastly refusing to treat older people who have contracted this disease. Also, the deaths in China mostly came from the Woohan area when the virus first appeared. The deaths in most other areas of China are of a minimal percentage of the infected. Of the 40 deaths in the USA, most are over 80 and over 30 are in Washington State.

What are you even arguing? Who cares if the deaths are mostly old people. They're people! if you get it, you can spread it to an old person or to another person who can also spread it to another person who can spread it to an old person.

Deaths in other parts of china and elsewhere are low because the government started taking it seriously. We need to take it seriously. Because it's not just the flu.

Reaction Score
We have no real idea on the # of cases and deaths other than to know it's all being underreported.

Reaction Score
Is it supposed to be a good thing that the people dying are old?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
And they're "refusing" to treat older people, because there is 0.0 capacity to do so because they didn't stay ahead of it. Your takes are horrible. It's not the flu, it's more contagious, it's 10x as deadly, and it doesn't matter how old the deaths are - these are people.

Reaction Score
Is it supposed to be a good thing that the people dying are old?
Absolutely NOT!! BUT, the point is specifically that it affect Old people most, and they are NOT the ones going to in-person sporting events.

Reaction Score
And they're "refusing" to treat older people, because there is 0.0 capacity to do so because they didn't stay ahead of it. Your takes are horrible. It's not the flu, it's more contagious, it's 10x as deadly, and it doesn't matter how old the deaths are - these are people.
The numbers to date do not bear out that the virus is 10x more deadly. So far, that is only a wild-ass prediction.

Reaction Score
The numbers to date do not bear out that the virus is 10x more deadly. So far, that is only a wild-ass prediction.
What #'s? You have no clue how many people have it, how many have died from it, and how many will die from it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So Dr. Fauci is "wild-ass"? No one on this board should listen to you vs. a health expert.

And to respond to your other stupid post that "older people don't go to sporting events." If they do or they don't, the point of reducing social gatherings and social distancing is to REDUCE THE SPREAD and STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE. People have parents and grandparents.

Reaction Score
What #'s? You have no clue how many people have it, how many have died from it, and how many will die from it.
See my earlier post with a Link to a website that is continuously tracking the updated reports from countries throughout the world.

Reaction Score
So Dr. Fauci is "wild-ass"? No one on this board should listen to you vs. a health expert.

And to respond to your other stupid post that "older people don't go to sporting events." If they do or they don't, the point of reducing social gatherings and social distancing is to REDUCE THE SPREAD and STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE. People have parents and grandparents.
If that is the case, then why were not all of the major sporting events cancelled during the other past flu outbreaks like Swine Flu (H1N1), SARS, MERS etc? (SARS and MERS were more contagious and deadly than this Wuhan Corona-Virus) No one seemed to very concerned then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom