AAC Tournament Cancelled | Page 13 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If that is the case, then why were not all of the major sporting events cancelled during the other past flu outbreaks like Swine Flu (H1N1), SARS, MERS etc? (SARS and MERS were more contagious and deadly than this Wuhan Corona-Virus) No one seemed to very concerned then.....

People were concerned then. Google the news from those time periods. Fortunately, those diseases did not enter "community spread" phases in America. We have that now in pretty much every state.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If that is the case, then why were not all of the major sporting events cancelled during the other past flu outbreaks like Swine Flu (H1N1), SARS, MERS etc? (SARS and MERS were more contagious and deadly than this Wuhan Corona-Virus) No one seemed to very concerned then.....
We are right here, and we are right now, and all we can do is worry about what's in our control. And to get through this, and to limit this, we need a community effort. Do your part or get out the way. This isn't a fire drill.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
It’s not ok for teams to play in an arena with no fans present. But it’s fine for me to have to go to work still with hundreds of people around me working in cubicles and 1000s of people inside the same building. Makes lots of sense. So far so good health wise for me thank God.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Your company is bad and should feel bad.

It’s a well known respected long time national defense government contractor that contributes to a huge chunk of the CT economy. Bad companies are not around for over 100 years.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
It’s not ok for teams to play in an arena with no fans present. But it’s fine for me to have to go to work still with hundreds of people around me working in cubicles and 1000s of people inside the same building. Makes lots of sense. So far so good health wise for me thank God.
that's capitalism baby

Reaction Score
See my earlier post with a Link to a website that is continuously tracking the updated reports from countries throughout the world.
Wow, you're really not getting it.

We aren't getting real number of cases and deaths because of lack of testing and countries lying.

For example there was a number given of deaths when H1N1 was over, years later after a lot of research the number given was 10 to 20 times higher.

I hope it doesn't get that bad, if it doesn't it will be because many local & state officials have made some great decisions and taken this deathly seriously. Big business like all the sports leagues have also been great in putting safety over money.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Absolutely NOT!! BUT, the point is specifically that it affect Old people most, and they are NOT the ones going to in-person sporting events.
What are you implying? Only the women's tournament should have been cancelled?

Reaction Score
Sanjay Gupta just said what I've been talking about and fearing and what I think will be the true awful toll of this years down the road.

My fear is permanent lung scarring.

He talked about people who had the virus and after quarantine and or hospital care seem fine. A group of them were tested like a month or two later and 50% of them look like they may have permanent lung scarring with like 20-30% reduced lung function going forward. It's too early to tell but that doesn't sound good.

Reaction Score
People were concerned then. Google the news from those time periods. Fortunately, those diseases did not enter "community spread" phases in America. We have that now in pretty much every state.
Really? Swine flu infected 60 million Americans!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You know what would be crazy and cool at the same time? When we're talking about life-threatening issues like coronavirus, and you say things like you know what you're talking about, you could just tell everyone what your area of expertise is. You know, so we know whether to pay attention or not.

I'm an engineer and finance guy, so i haven't proclaimed to be an expert on fatality rates, transmission etc...

It would just be super nice to know who actually knows what they are talking about vs those taking a political stand.

Reaction Score
Im gonna do an AAC Tournament simulation ill do this tournament last, hopefully what if sports gives uconn some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom