AAC should add.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC should add..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can't base who you want in your conference on who happens to be having a good season.

Exactly right. This idiot did it.
John_Swofford_ND_t607.jpg

This person uses qualitative criteria ... I think:

jimdelany.jpg

Who's conference would you rather be in?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let's look at the other sport that UConn fans care about and that's basketball. This conference is decent in its current makeup for football but basketball is a mess.

Fresno St is 24-39 in their past two seasons and haven't made the NCAA tournament since 2001. They're a combined 2-5 all time in the tournament.

Northern Illinois is 10-51....yup you read that right....10-51 in their past two seasons. They made their last NCAA tournament in 1996 and are a combined 0-3.

So yeah....they would absolute horrible adds for this conference. If anything, the AAC should have learned their lesson that adding more schools will not result in any better TV deal. So stop adding schools until you need to replace us in a few years when we leave this dumpster fire behind.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UCFB if basketball had any place in realignment we would be out of here already. It doesnt. UConn cares about college basketball. Other schools care but nowhere near the amount as they care about football.

Fresno is not a one year Cinderella. they've been good for a while.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Drew said:
UCFB if basketball had any place in realignment we would be out of here already. It doesnt. UConn cares about college basketball. Other schools care but nowhere near the amount as they care about football.

You do realize Fresno wouldn't want to join the AAC right?

Reaction Score

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish people would stop with adding these schools that do nothing but bring the AAC and UCONN down further than they already are.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

What does this have to do with your ridiculous thought of adding these two schools?

Basketball might not have the same pull as football in the CR world but the reality is, we still play the sport and at a high level. Adding these two schools, just because they've had success in football recently, and when I say recently I meant the past two seasons for NIU, still brings down our basketball program. If anything is going to make our school more attractive in the next few years it's going to be through our bball programs. Football is going to be down for a few years due to a new coach coming in, little to no talent on the roster, etc. So if UConn is going to get out of this craphole it's going to be through our bball program and location.

Since we're likely to be stuck in the AAC for a bit, I'd rather not see us water down the bball side anymore than needed just so we can add two mediocre football programs. Like I said before, adding these programs does NOTHING to help this conference. All it does is add two more mouths to feed with an already horrific TV deal.

Reaction Score
UCBfan posted:

"Since we're likely to be stuck in the AAC for a bit, I'd rather not see us water down the bball side anymore than needed just so we can add two mediocre football programs. "

Huh? That sounds suspiciously like some ACC comments, reversed. about watering down the football side.

I guess it is based on perspective.

A fan of a basketball school in a basketball conference would worry about basketball being watered down...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
UCBfan posted:

"Since we're likely to be stuck in the AAC for a bit, I'd rather not see us water down the bball side anymore than needed just so we can add two mediocre football programs. "

Huh? That sounds suspiciously like some ACC comments, reversed. about watering down the football side.

I guess it is based on perspective.

A fan of a basketball school in a basketball conference would worry about basketball being watered down...
What?? Aren't you an ACC fan? Whatever dude. Bottom line is, unless the school added is going to bring in something valuable to this conference besides another mouth to feed, there's no reason to even discuss them. Our TV deal sucks, bottom line. Fresno St, NIU, or any other worthless remnants from the MAC, C-USA, MWC, etc aren't going to bring in any more cash. So why add them?

Reaction Score
What makes ANYONE think that Fresno would agree to be the Western outlier in a conference that based in the Eastern half of the nation? The AAC would have to throw $$$$$$ MILLIONS their way to offset travel & accomodation costs. Boise & SDSU both backed out after the dissolution of the Big East as the light bulb finally clicked to this reality. What makes Fresno any different?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Our attendance in both hoops and football is falling off a cliff, just like I predicted. We need regional rivals that fans care about, or at least are aware of their existence. Tulane and Tulsa were beyond stupid. Two schools located 1,000 miles away that suck in both major sports. We should have added UMass and Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart.

Sacred Heart wouldn't be a bad idea...it's in NY so you'll get the whole DMA theory. Remember, RU was only selected to a power conference because of its proximity to NYC. Better scoop up Fordham, Sacred Heart and Colombia ASAP.

Reaction Score
For someone who lives in CT you really are an idiot. Sacred Heart is in NY?? Or.....Fairfield, CT.....

You got me there...I wrote Sacred Heart but was actually thinking Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
And Holy Cross would be in Worcester, MA

Really? Damn, I'm battin a thousand here. I'm just going to log off now since I'm really making a fool of myself. And yes, I really did think that Holy Cross was in NY since a buddy of mine went there.

We're talking about the same one right? The Crusaders? Purple uniforms.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Really? Damn, I'm battin a thousand here. I'm just going to log off now since I'm really making a fool of myself. And yes, I really did think that Holy Cross was in NY since a buddy of mine went there.

We're talking about the same one right? The Crusaders? Purple uniforms.
Lol! Yeah same one. Both my Uncles went there. You can see it from whatever that highway is that runs right through Worcester. St. John's is in NYC, but I have no clue if they play football.

Reaction Score
Lol! Yeah same one. Both my Uncles went there. You can see it from whatever that highway is that runs right through Worcester. St. John's is in NYC, but I have no clue if they play football.

<quietly leaving hoping nobody notices>

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Let's add another dozen teams. That way we can split the $3m the conference gets 24 ways instead of only 12

Reaction Score
What makes ANYONE think that Fresno would agree to be the Western outlier in a conference that based in the Eastern half of the nation? The AAC would have to throw MILLIONS their way to offset travel & accomodation costs. Boise & SDSU both backed out after the dissolution of the Big East as the light bulb finally clicked to this reality. What makes Fresno any different?
Precisely what I was thinking. Some people are clearly oblivious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom