AAC should add.. | The Boneyard

AAC should add..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Northern Illinois and Fresno State. Both schools have good fan bases and not to mention good football teams. Add in UMASS and one more (Rice, for the academics?) and you have a good group of schools

Reaction Score
Let's add ODU and UNCC. GROWTH, POTENTIAL, MARKETS.

Even though UNCC lost to a Division III school this year (Yes that's right, Wesley College took them to the woodshed), I bet they will be great someday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't care about the AAC, it's like a truck stop on the road to a destination. Do I care if they plan to upgrade the bathrooms next year and add a Popeye's Chicken? No. I'm getting my gas and my food, using the facilities and moving on.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the AAC is a tidal pool. Fish trapped and segregated by the receding tide await a flood tide, while listening to the crashing waves of a larger universe just a few yards away.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the AAC is a tidal pool. Fish trapped and segregated by the receding tide await a flood tide, while listening to the crashing waves of a larger universe just a few yards away.

What a metaphor.

Reaction Score
The AAC will get raided again (hopefully us) and when they do Old Dominion should get a look. They are planning a new stadium and like East Carolina they have a fan base. Nice location (new territory) to boot. Their Basketball team also has a fan base.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The AAC will get raided again (hopefully us) and when they do Old Dominion should get a look. They will have a new stadium next year and like East Carolina they have a fan base. Nice location (new territory) to boot. Their Basketball team also has a fan base.
Plus those Women's hoops championships when Nancy Lieberman played for them eons ago. Sheesh!

Reaction Score
I will care about who this conference adds when it involves replacing us.

Otherwise......good Lord who cares?
I get your point but we are set to be here for a while and it wouldnt hurt to have a few more competitive teams in the conference. Can only help the bext tv deal

Reaction Score
I get your point but we are set to be here for a while and it wouldnt hurt to have a few more competitive teams in the conference. Can only help the bext tv deal

Northern Illinois and Fresno State = good TV deal? I didn't even know there was a Northern Illinois, yet people actually watch them on television?

Reaction Score
Northern Illinois and Fresno State = good TV deal? I didn't even know there was a Northern Illinois, yet people actually watch them on television?
You didnt watch the orange bowl last year. Thats ok. My point is they are competitive teams in the reealm of louisville and cincinnatti. We need teams that can beat p5 teams. Only an help the sad tv deal but it wont bring us near the acc tv deal it does strngthen the pack

Reaction Score

Seriously? Wagner and Monmouth would have an equal impact on the TV deal.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Wagner and Monmouth would have an equal impact on the TV deal.

I never thought there'd come the day when we'd discuss the likes of Northern Illinois and Fresno State being in the same conference at UConn. It makes me want to drink a lot.

Reaction Score
You didnt watch the orange bowl last year. Thats ok. My point is they are competitive teams in the reealm of louisville and cincinnatti. We need teams that can beat p5 teams. Only an help the sad tv deal but it wont bring us near the acc tv deal it does strngthen the pack

so other than the Orange Bowl, do people actually watch Northern Illinois on television? are they on television?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
y'all can laugh all you want but we would get spanked by these teams and they both have solid fanbases (fresnos stadium is ALWAYS full). Instead of acting like we're above our current situation (which clearly we're not if we have 1 conference win) we should look to make the conference more competitive, earn more with our TV deal, and beat these good teams in football. THAT is how you get out of this conference.

you want to stop complaining about how "soft" our conference is? Add these two schools and see where we stand in football. The arrogance on here is insane, especially for a 1-9 team

Reaction Score
y'all can laugh all you want but we would get spanked by these teams and they both have solid fanbases (fresnos stadium is ALWAYS full). Instead of acting like we're above our current situation (which clearly we're not if we have 1 conference win) we should look to make the conference more competitive, earn more with our TV deal, and beat these good teams in football. THAT is how you get out of this conference.

you want to stop complaining about how "soft" our conference is? Add these two schools and see where we stand in football. The arrogance on here is insane, especially for a 1-9 team

I know we're no good - I'm just wondering how many eyes we can expect on a televised Northern Illinois game.

Reaction Score
Fordham.

For selfish purposes, I want to add them and force them to hold OUR Home Game at MSG. Plus they have good football - just went 11-1 (with our QB)

Reaction Score
I never thought there'd come the day when we'd discuss the likes of Northern Illinois and Fresno State being in the same conference at UConn. It makes me want to drink a lot.

A lot of what? Battery acid? Windshield Wiper fluid? Draino? I'm struggling to decide which to go for myself.

I seriously expected OP to say that the AAC should add suicide hotlines in every stadium in the conference. That is an addition that I can get behind, unless they try to convince me that life in AAC is worth living for.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Srqhusky said:
Really no top 25 teams allowed. Tell me how this hurts

How does adding Fresno State and Northern Illinois hurt?

Who the hell wants to travel to Fresno for conference games? What happens when Northern Illinois goes back to being Northern Illinois.

Why would you want to play the few attractive teams in the league less often to add more?

You can't base who you want in your conference on who happens to be having a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom