AAC must gain respect 2018-19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC must gain respect 2018-19

Reaction Score
Only temporarily until one of the P5 poaches us.
I have a hard time seeing that happening. Not just any p5 can poach is. There are like 3-4 teams who could pull that off. Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, and maybe Arizona

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing that happening. Not just any p5 can poach is. There are like 3-4 teams who could pull that off. Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, and maybe Arizona
Not our players or coaches. The P5 poaching UConn away from the AAC.

Reaction Score
Once again, the Big East is on top, showing it is the best basketball conference. And we decided to walk away in order to salvage a mediocre, at best, football program...

we're salvaging an entire athletic department, I can't believe you BE-Lite head-in-the-sand people don't see that yet.

Reaction Score
I think we're running along the same lines here. I just don't think we should be worried about chasing a conference...oh, the NBE is so pretty right now, let's go there. Instead, let's get back into the habit of leading the curve - if we get back to regular success, then the conference will be chasing us (competitive and relevant) rather than the other way around.
I guess we need more than 4 NC to be chased

Reaction Score
we're salvaging an entire athletic department, I can't believe you BE-Lite head-in-the-sand people don't see that yet.

The salvaging part with respect to football has yet to materialize, and without a good football program the P5 invite is questionable. In the mean time the Athletic Department bleeds cash, and basketball fans get to see us play East Carolina, UCF, Tulane etc.

You don't see any head-in-the-sand there ?

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Since the NC we have failed this conference.

Yes, but just think what the other schools are doing to this league then... :eek:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We're not going to drop football. The BE vs the AAC argument is one of the all-time dumbest arguments here.
You haven’t been paying attention. Might be easier to single out intelligent arguments.

Reaction Score
Yes, but just think what the other schools are doing to this league then... :eek:
They've been winning the conference, winning the conference tournament , getting bids.....

MattMang23

Reaction Score
They've been winning the conference, winning the conference tournament , getting bids.....

We have more NCAA tourney wins than the rest of the conference combined. And we have more AAC tourney game wins than anyone else in league history.

For all of our failures- and we've obviously had them the last two seasons- let's not pretend anyone else has actually stepped up in any meaningful way.

Reaction Score
Well if WSU and UC can't live up to expectations then the league will continue to be on the outside looking in. Of course in their defense the best program in the league became middle of the pack at best for the last 2 years and never much better prior minus a NC so much depends on Hurley. Don't want to throw more than our program on him but if he resurrects the Huskies he will be bringing the AAC to the forefront also provided the others stay solid.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I could really give two flips about the AAC. The only respect that I'm worried about garnering is for the brand UConn...or the University of Connecticut as other threads lay bare. As much as I loathe Seth Davis - he mentioned that UConn should be the Gonzaga of the Northeast. I agree. We need to control what we can control - and that's dominating this conference while battling for this region in basketball...while also participating - and hopefully getting in a routine of 7 to 8 win seasons - in the most popular collegiate sport (and where this conference does have some strength).

There's no way we should aspire to be "the Gonzaga of the East." Gonzaga plays in a crap conference that nobody has any respect for nationally. They're expected to mow down all of their conference competition in the same way the UCONN women's team does in the AAC. Gonzaga also has zero national titles and one Final Four appearance.

We want to win in a far better conference than the WCC, and the AAC is a far better conference than Gonzaga's.

Reaction Score
The Houston's, SMU's, Cinci's, UCF's of the conference have been winning football games and going to bowls. UConn has been struggling to get out of last place. In basketball, UConn has been dragging the conference down over the past two years, at least. I don't see the bragging rights here. The AAC will be better, when UConn is better, no doubt. But you cannot blame the conference for the miserable showing by UConn men's football and basketball over the past few years.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The Houston's, SMU's, Cinci's, UCF's of the conference have been winning football games and going to bowls. UConn has been struggling to get out of last place. In basketball, UConn has been dragging the conference down over the past two years, at least. I don't see the bragging rights here. The AAC will be better, when UConn is better, no doubt. But you cannot blame the conference for the miserable showing by UConn men's football and basketball over the past few years.

I guess you missed my next post.

Reaction Score
Houston, SMU, Cincinnati, UCF and maybe USF all are looking more attractive if your looking at a combination of sports to get in a conference. Outside of Geno's teams and women field hockey, what's attractive? These P5's don't care about academics. Academics not bringing in revenue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom