AAC holding $5 million UConn conference distribution payment in escrow as part of exit fee | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC holding $5 million UConn conference distribution payment in escrow as part of exit fee

Reaction Score
What happened to all the arguments over the last 3 or 4 years about how much better a basketball league the AAC was compared to the NBE?

Most people love the one they’re with until they’re not.

Reaction Score
Without UConn in it, the AAC IS Conference USA with a few alternate members

In 2006, it was:

Memphis
East Carolina
UCF
Houston
Tulsa
SMU
Tulane
Southern Miss
UAB
Rice
UTEP

Southern Miss, UAB, Rice and UTEP are gone.

IN are Cincinnati (who left CUSA in 2004), USF (who left w. Cincinnati), Temple, Navy (football only), Wichita State (basketball only)

Army was in as late as 2004, so Navy's basically replaced them. Cincinnati and USF are back where they started. They basically just added Wichita for hoops and Temple since 2005 while dumping Southern MIss, UAB, UTEP and Rice. Temple and Southern Miss in football seems like a lateral move, if not an outright step back assuming football is the only priority. And UAB is on a shortlist of schools they'd be bringing back in.

Again - it's the epitome of spinning your wheels in that conference. No one wanted to be in then. Those who could get out did, but weren't compelling enough to keep, so ended up back there. It's always going to be like that. Just an expensive revolving door that anyone who can get off should get off.

Reaction Score
even with UConn the AAC was always C-USA 2.0 in my mind

Even with us it WAS Conference USA. From a hoops perspective, you basically switch us out for Louisville..... who also bolted the conference. Twice.

Reaction Score
Even with us it WAS Conference USA. From a hoops perspective, you basically switch us out for Louisville..... who also bolted the conference. Twice.
Agree - especially since UConn never brought anything to the conference after the NC.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This seems like a big deal! (Shoutout to whatever this kid’s Boneyard handle is)

Yes, though I do believe there's a stipulation that we will not share the NCAA units that were earned prior to our entry date, but otherwise we will get a full distribution in TV/new NCAA units going forward.

Reaction Score
Yes, though I do believe there's a stipulation that we will not share the NCAA units that were earned prior to our entry date, but otherwise we will get a full distribution in TV/new NCAA units going forward.

I mean, still that seems like a good deal.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I mean, still that seems like a good deal.
I mean, it's good, I'll take the full distribution, but that article also makes the comparison to Rutgers not getting an equal conference payout until 2021 (seemingly making it look like we're getting a better deal than them). But we know that Rutgers is getting a portion of Tens of millions of dollars, and we're only getting a fraction of that (albeit the full distribution).

Reaction Score
What happened to all the arguments over the last 3 or 4 years about how much better a basketball league the AAC was compared to the NBE?
It turns out 91% of fans supported the move to the Big East. Those arguments were foolish, and apparently from the vocal 9% that opposed the move.

Reaction Score

There certainly is...

Reaction Score
It turns out 91% of fans supported the move to the Big East. Those arguments were foolish, and apparently from the vocal 9% that opposed the move.

I doubt it’s even 9% to be honest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom