AAC holding $5 million UConn conference distribution payment in escrow as part of exit fee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC holding $5 million UConn conference distribution payment in escrow as part of exit fee

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If that can be argued as a "breach of contract" of some sort, does that open the doors for legal arguments to exit early?

Reaction Score
Except his biggest brand actually hasn’t been doing much lately. We are kind of like an Old Timers Day team. A few people might come to see them but everyone knows they can’t actually play any more. Most people really want the real teams to play.
There still getting money from 2014
and even 2016
and they look very likely be a big earner again.
Not to mention the publicity garnered for those and the women’s NC and huge TV ratings.
We have a couple of off years and even UConn fans throw us under the bus. Incredibly myopic perspective.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If that can be argued as a "breach of contract" of some sort, does that open the doors for legal arguments to exit early?

There is probably a set off clause in the contract. No big deal.

Reaction Score
It’ll stand... ACC did the same to Maryland. Big East did the same to Rutgers.
Minor correction: Rutgers never added anything to the Big East, they just reaped the benefits of UConn and others. It was the AAC which held some conference revenues from Rutgers in escrow.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Do we have any answers yet as to if they’re going to let us out of this 27 month waiting period? If we’re held hostage in this conference for another 2+ years I might neck.

Reaction Score
Sadly we have no commonality with the new Big East either. All are private Small urban Catholic regional universities. A few like St Johns and DePaul are commuter schools. We sponsor more sports than all but 1 I think and have an enrollment of 32000+- Most are under 20000 closer to 15000. Well. DePaul is the larger at 23000. To pretend that we are peers is just nonsense. This is about nostalgia. Nothing else.

Reaction Score
Sadly we have no commonality with the new Big East either. All are private Small urban Catholic regional universities. A few like St Johns and DePaul are commuter schools. We sponsor more sports than all but 1 I think and have an enrollment of 32000+- Most are under 20000 closer to 15000. Well. DePaul is the larger at 23000. To pretend that we are peers is just nonsense. This is about nostalgia. Nothing else.

You so clearly have no clue what you’re talking about

Reaction Score
Oh I forgot. MSG. It is a bunch of small regional urban Catholic colleges. We don’t match in any way. And the funny thing is until the Big East we didn’t even play those who remain on a regular basis. we had zero tradition with Providence for example. Even in the Big East our big games were with Syracuse and Pitt. A bit with Georgetown and Villanova. We have nothing outside of basketball in common with any but maybe Georgetown which is a national multifaceted university The others are glorified Central Connecticut’s with crosses over the door

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Do you understand that when people talk about “commonality” between schools they are talking about more than just size and type? The students that go to UConn are very similar to the students that go to Nova, PC, Georgetown etc. They come from the same places, similar backgrounds and academic achievement.

UConn students and fans share MUCH more in common culturally with the Big East schools and their fanbases than anyone in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Oh I forgot. MSG. It is a bunch of small regional urban Catholic colleges. We don’t match in any way. And the funny thing is until the Big East we didn’t even play those who remain on a regular basis. we had zero tradition with Providence for example. Even in the Big East our big games were with Syracuse and Pitt. A bit with Georgetown and Villanova. We have nothing outside of basketball in common with any but maybe Georgetown which is a national multifaceted university The others are glorified Central Connecticut’s with crosses over the door

Did you grow up in Connecticut? Did you go to UConn?

This is just complete and utter jibberish.

Go root for Tulsa and ECU.

Reaction Score

And if you’re argument is “this is just about nostalgia, not about basketball” than you are even more dense than I thought.

The Big East is a significantly better basketball conference than the AAC.

You’re arguments sound almost unbelievably foolish to anyone in the real world.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hopefully we get an answer soon on when we will be joining the big east. The recruiting pitch of “be a part of our first class back in the big east” sounds way better than “come play a year in the AAC before the big east” some of these players only want to play a year in college.

Reaction Score
UConn had no commonality with the AAC.

I can’t wait to get rid of the AAC losers.
You may be forgetting that we did not dominate this league. We were one of the nonperformers year to year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And if you’re argument is “this is just about nostalgia, not about basketball” than you are even more dense than I thought.

The Big East is a significantly better basketball conference than the AAC.

You’re arguments sound almost unbelievably foolish to anyone in the real world.
What happened to all the arguments over the last 3 or 4 years about how much better a basketball league the AAC was compared to the NBE?

Reaction Score
This is really simple. I’m going to fly to CT/NYC to see basketball games. I haven’t been doing much of that. I have been flying in for football games each year and frankly, I’ll probably fly in for more as an Indy because the school needs us there more than ever. This move is a no brainer. I am reenergized. Get on board or go away. There is nothing to argue about at this point, it’s done.

Reaction Score
What happened to all the arguments over the last 3 or 4 years about how much better a basketball league the AAC was compared to the NBE?

They were always foolish

Reaction Score
Yeah. I could never buy that argument. The Big East was much more entertaining, the quality of play was better, the refs better and the broadcast better. On top of that, Sportcenter talked up the Big East and gave their games coverage. It all seemed much more desirable to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is really simple. I’m going to fly to CT/NYC to see basketball games. I haven’t been doing much of that. I have been flying in for football games each year and frankly, I’ll probably fly in for more as an Indy because the school needs us there more than ever. This move is a no brainer. I am reenergized. Get on board or go away. There is nothing to argue about at this point, it
Oh well.

Sort of nonsense. With the exception of Georgetown the folks who go to most of these schools wouldn’t get into UConn. Maybe not in 1983 but today UConn is a much better academic institution than a bunch of regional Catholic schools. We a major national university. They are as I said, glorified Central Connecticuts. Our only peer in that group, we’ll not exactly a peer. They are better honestly, is Georgetown. This is nostalgia pure and simple. If we finish middle of the pack in the Big East hoophound wont be hopping any more flights to CT than he does now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom