AAC & Grant-of-Rights | Page 14 | The Boneyard

AAC & Grant-of-Rights

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wow. just wow. all of this. there was no BE a short 40 years ago. and the current BE pales in comparison to the heights reached back in the glory days. on the other hand, the AAC was formed to reach a maximum of geographic and market footprint with the pieces at hand, all the while focusing on the real world of American collegiate sports into the future. good job. the other so called 'power conferences?" I like our chances. im guessin not too many here have attended a UConn at Houston, or UConn at Memphis bball game. big fun, big stuff. while everyone is caught up in stone age nostalgia, can anyone tell me what ever happened to Boston College, as pops tells me that they OWNED new England sports also 40 years ago...I hear they belong to one of those "power" deals.... more like powerpuff if ya ask me. AAC!

Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, if we could set up a new conference with any non-P5 or Big East schools, what would be the best scenario? Is the current AAC better than anything that can be put together? I am looking at this from both a football and basketball perspective.

Reaction Score
wow. just wow. all of this. there was no BE a short 40 years ago. and the current BE pales in comparison to the heights reached back in the glory days. on the other hand, the AAC was formed to reach a maximum of geographic and market footprint with the pieces at hand, all the while focusing on the real world of American collegiate sports into the future. good job. the other so called 'power conferences?" I like our chances. im guessin not too many here have attended a UConn at Houston, or UConn at Memphis bball game. big fun, big stuff. while everyone is caught up in stone age nostalgia, can anyone tell me what ever happened to Boston College, as pops tells me that they OWNED new England sports also 40 years ago...I hear they belong to one of those "power" deals.... more like powerpuff if ya ask me. AAC!

Wait...you attended a Houston Basketball home game? How did it feel to have the arena to yourself?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, if we could set up a new conference with any non-P5 or Big East schools, what would be the best scenario? Is the current AAC better than anything that can be put together? I am looking at this from both a football and basketball perspective.

Who will pay to broadcast those games? Which alumni base will pay to travel to the games? You answer those two questions and you have a conference.

Reaction Score
......Big East might be looking St Joe's/Fordham - keeping it as religious based conference. ......

Hey gtcam.... Butler University is a member of the Big East aconference.

Butler is not, nor has it ever been affiliated with the Catholic Church.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
these are facts:

1. the biggest aac programs are not signing a GOR

2. as a result, the aac will sign a new deal worth at least 2x more than the current deal, but not 3-4x more

3. from the article that started all this- "[along with UCF], Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston and South Florida are the other candidates most likely to be targeted by the power five, according to several well-placed sources."

4. thus the argument is not big east versus current AAC. it's big east versus future AAC, which looks GRIM with only tulane, toledo, wichita, ecsu, temple, smu and navy. that is a conference of misfit teams.

so who would rather be in the future aac (with football) instead of the new big east (without football)?

I just wanted to point out that none of the above schools are in the American for football. ECU is what you're trying to say I believe when you say ecsu (or at least I hope it is)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Artists rendition of the future of UConn basketball
3031627420_26c5dcfbbe_b.jpg
We are bringing back the White Dog?

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Our football program is the biggest joke ever. It's time to kill the program so we can get back to the Big East.
No

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Having a large fan base that doesn't spend money isn't very impactful...

In comparison to who? Not Texas or Penn State, but our regional peers, I think we more than hold our own.

C

Chief00

Basketball will never get us to a power conference. That’s already been proven when the Big12 wanted nothing to do with us coming off a 4th national championship in 20 years. You better pray like hell football gets better, because that’s the only sport of relevance in CR.
True.

CL82

Reaction Score
I like you as well but your post wasn't responsive. We are in the same conference. Now whether or not we should join the NBE is another issue. We'll have a better idea by 2025. I suspect that the answer may be yes, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Oh and we do rock MSG even in the middle of snowmegeddon 2018. The plan is for us to continue to play their annually.

Reaction Score
Keep thinking into obscurity that we'll never be in a P5 conference. Duh. I understand you won a championship in hockey in 2015 and produced Lou Lamoriello, but do you think PC's brand is stronger than UConn's? Really?

I knew not to post in this thread. Proves this message board is a lunatic ward.

CL82

Reaction Score
Savior? Perhaps not, but it is the key to the big boy club, for all the reasons you've probably read me post about in the past.

C

Chief00

So do we have to commit to the conference if we don’t get extra dollars?
Susan Herbst has really bungled things. Why are we spending 10’s of millions on minor sports when we should be throwing the Hail Mary football pass and hiring top coaches. It’s what matters in CR. These worthless consultants she loves to listen to tell you major conferences prefer you to have good programs in these sports but look how schools not even in the CR conversation 10 years ago have leaped frogged us by focusing on football, while under Susan’s clueless sports leadership we sank.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom