AAC divisions | The Boneyard

AAC divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Appears they're going east west divisions with us lined up with temple, cincy, ecu, usf, and UCF

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Appears they're going east west divisions with us lined up with temple, cincy, ecu, usf, and UCF

is this official? haven't seen it anywhere

Reaction Score
Honestly, not a horrible division of college football. 5 teams that have played at the BCS level and a team that has been very successful in CUSA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cincy clearly wants to keep their Florida pipelines flowing.

Reaction Score
Is this for this season only? If it's permanent, how is NAVY not in the Eastern division?

Reaction Score
It was reported in a Louisiana paper. I understand league meetings are today.

I would presume Navy was amenable as they have always played more of a natioonal schedule and there are bases in Dalla area, in New Orleans and not far from Memphis.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
From a recruiting perspective, this is probably best for UCONN. It's not likely that we can lure Texas kids to the northeast but we can lure FL kids up north, ala Darius Butler types. Not to mention, it keeps our exposure in OH and PA/NJ and those are also both valuable recruiting grounds.

Reaction Score
Let's See. Three Directional Schools. A School With City's Name And Temple. Then There Is The University Of Connecticut. Which One Of These Is Not Like The Others?

Reaction Score
It could be worse. Looks like UConn will at least be stuck in the better of the two divisions. Although these teams don't scream watch me like Michigan did last year, or heated rivalry like with Rutgers, I think this could turn out to be pretty good for the time being. Remember TCU was considered to be in an average conference too and they got invited to Big XII. Just win games and the rest will fall into place.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is the way that I wanted the divisions to break down, to be honest. The former Big East programs all stay together and continue to develop their rivalries. We will continue to hate on Temple. And we will have a guaranteed trip to Florida every year; a state that we have done relatively well in recruiting for quite some time. As was already mentioned, Florida as a recruiting base for us is much more important than Texas. To me, the AAC got this one right...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For whatever it's worth, it's official.

UCF, Cincy, UConn, East Carolina, USF and Temple.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not terrible, those are basically all the opponents in conference that I care about playing.

It certainly makes for a more palatable home schedule for the fans. There is a much higher likelihood that a top25 team is coming to the Rent with this schedule (UCF? Cincy?). It also means that we won't be guaranteed to see Tulsa or Tulane every year at the Rent....which is a very good thing...

Reaction Score
Is this for this season only? If it's permanent, how is NAVY not in the Eastern division?

I greatly suspect that UConn and Cincy had a good deal of interest in keeping a yearly game in Florida, and a good deal of influence in the arrangement.

Also that USF had influence enough to say "we'd rather stay in the same division as UCF so there can be a rivalry".

And that Navy said, "sure, we love playing games in Texas every year."

Drew

Reaction Score
This division is stacked. Gonna be a tough one to win for sure but wouldn't have it any other way.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Definitely happy about this, but it says for 2015? Makes me wonder if it's not permanent.

Could be an indication of a top secret classified UConn invite....

If only we had a feline that deals in this matters of conspiracy...

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
10349979_10152407818144831_658210189218713121_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Championship game at a host team site (versus neutral site). It's time to start planning for the inaugral (15) championship game to be played at the Rent.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My guess is 2015 is stated because that's when Navy joins??

I like this breakdown. I think ECU is a solid game to play every season. Add in UCF, Cincy, USF, and Temple and it's solid. Does anyone know if there's going to be a set cross-over game every season for each team??

Drew

Reaction Score
Id still like to play 9 conference games

Reaction Score
I think it's a bit silly to have both Florida teams in the same division, that's just me.

Reaction Score
I agree with Drew, the AAC should go to a 9 game conference schedule, and the only time an FCS team can be scheduled, is with League approval. And I agree with RW005, having both Florida teams in our conference is very good for UConn, but it might not help the balance of the League, as the teams in the West division are not guaranteed full Florida exposure every year. So I would have swapped UCF for Navy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with Drew, the AAC should go to a 9 game conference schedule, and the only time an FCS team can be scheduled, is with League approval. And I agree with RW005, having both Florida teams in our conference is very good for UConn, but it might not help the balance of the League, as the teams in the West division are not guaranteed full Florida exposure every year. So I would have swapped UCF for Navy.
This can go both ways in that all schools aren't guaranteed full Texas exposure as well. I'm starting to agree that both the Texas and Florida schools should have been split up with an annual cross-over game scheduled to ensure they play.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. Best possible divisional outcome
2. The conference still stinks
3. I still want out
4. 9 conference games? Are you high?
5. It shouldn't be a tough division, if it is it means we stink.
6. OOC games are what will sell tickets and build the program.
7. Chew on a possible home slate of FCS, Indiana, USF, ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa and let me know how that tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom