AAC divisions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was wondering how long UConn and Houston could be in the same league and not play. Looks like 2016 is the maximum amount of time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That Navy has signed up for this sort of proves that independence is impossible correct?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
To the people who are worried about splitting Florida exposure and Texas exposure: In and of itself, the exposure is somewhat worthless unless people care about playing for those schools and in those games.

If my statement was not true, then UCF and SMU would have been powerhouses a few years ago, and everyone in the C-USA would have been much stronger than they currently are. The BEST way to make that exposure worth it is to build rivalries that people care about! That's why it was absolutely the right decision to keep the two Texas teams together and the two Florida teams together. Creating an atmosphere of hatred that people care about is what will ultimately draw the kids to the league. Besides, the crossover games will likely ensure that each team will play a Texas or Florida team once a year (even if it might be a home game)...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
1. Best possible divisional outcome
2. The conference still stinks
3. I still want out
4. 9 conference games? Are you high?
5. It shouldn't be a tough division, if it is it means we stink.
6. OOC games are what will sell tickets and build the program.
7. Chew on a possible home slate of FCS, Indiana, USF, ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa and let me know how that tastes.

1. Agree
2. Doesn't stink as bad as you're making it out to be
3. Same
4. Not high, just would rather play a 9th conference game than an FCS game. Would rather play Houston than Holy Cross.
5. Actually being in a division with the Fiesta bowl champion, two former big east members (3?) and what might've been the best team in North Carolina last year (whooped both UNC and NC State) is going to be rather difficult if you look at it objectively.
6. Agree to disagree I guess
7. We won't have Tulane and Tulsa at home in the same year. Even if we did Tulane made a bowl last year and was better than us. Again, look at it objectively and not as a butt hurt fan. It's kinda sad at this point.

Next.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulane did go to a bowl but come on.

They beat one team with a pulse (East Carolina) and a bunch of dregs between losses to teams like South Alabama.

Reaction Score
I was never a fan of the odd number conference games when we played 7 in the big east.
By keeping the Florida schools together and Texan schools together you allow their division opponents to focus on making inroads in either Texas or Florida rather than splitting the efforts and actually you probably have less instances in which conference members are recruiting against one another.

Reaction Score
@CoachDCorleyJr: It doesn't matter what side they put us on! Let's go! Football Divisions Announced For American Athletic Conference - http://post original url/1Vf5PrAPdV

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek