AAC bowl tie in, from UConn blog | The Boneyard

AAC bowl tie in, from UConn blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, if we win the AAC we go to the Beef o Brady bowl and play for a year's supply of fried chicken tenders?

<<Info on AAC affiliated bowls

ESPN just released some details on the bowl games it owns and operated and on the list are a pair of bowls affiliated with UConn's new conference the American Athletic Conference.

A team from the AAC would meet up with a Conference USA team in the Beef O'Brady Bowl in St. Petersburg, Fla. on Dec. 23 at 2 p.m.

Also, a team from the AAC will play a team from the SEC in the BBVA Compass Bowl on Jan. 4 at 1 p.m.>>

Reaction Score
Some AAC team better beat the (probable 0.500) SEC team........

Just two bowl tie-ins......or did I miss an earlier pronouncement?!!

As Clint often remarked in his Dirty Harry films........."Wonderful"

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The AAC - 14 teams fighting for 2 bowl spots. Another Aresco victory.

Reaction Score
The AAC - 14 teams fighting for 2 bowl spots. Another Aresco victory.

These are only the ESPN owned bowls... Pinstripe is missing as well as Liberty and one other. And everything changes post 2014.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
i wouldn't get too attached to pinstripe...

Reaction Score
A few bowls with an sec opponent is a step in the right direction. I give aresco props if he can keep te ponstripe and would mark it as his first victory

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Pinstripe is as good as gone.

My guess is that we can get an idea of what our future bowl lineup will be like by looking at Conference USA's current lineup.

Reaction Score
Beef O Brady's is 2pm on a Monday afternoon? That was really the only TV slot available?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Beef O Brady's is 2pm on a Monday afternoon? That was really the only TV slot available?

By no means am I excited by the Beef Bowl, but 2 pm on December 23rd on a Monday is better than when it was the 17th or 18th.

With Christmas being Wednesday plenty of people will have Monday off. And it's closer to normal bowls between Xmas and New Year's.

People will be looking for bowl games on the 23rd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
By no means am I excited by the Beef Bowl, but 2 pm on December 23rd on a Monday is better than when it was the 17th or 18th.

With Christmas being Wednesday plenty of people will have Monday off. And it's closer to normal bowls between Xmas and New Year's.

People will be looking for bowl games on the 23rd.

It's a better television spot. It's impossible to actually attend in that slot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's a better television spot. It's impossible to actually attend in that slot.

For you maybe, but it's doable. Get there on the weekend, catch the game and head home on the 24th. Biggest variable is any winter storm that might F-up east coast travel.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For you maybe, but it's doable. Get there on the weekend, catch the game and head home on the 24th. Biggest variable is any winter storm that might F-up east coast travel.

I'm talking more in general. It could be done but flight costs are brutal on those days and it's pretty tough for people to
travel on Christmas Eve and risk being stranded to see a CUSA opponent.

Anything is doable but almost no one is doing that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
2013 CUSA. When your best case scenario is Southern Miss or Louisiana Tech... Does anything else even need to be said?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368491801.032481.jpg

Reaction Score
2013 CUSA. When your best case scenario is Southern Miss or Louisiana Tech... Does anything else even need to be said?

View attachment 2950
This is the attitude that needs to change!! We have to show we are a traveling fan base that supports uconn to be desirable to a real conference. We need o support the football program wether they are in the sugar bowl or the obradys bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is the attitude that needs to change!! We have to show we are a traveling fan base that supports uconn to be desirable to a real conference. We need o support the football program wether they are in the sugar bowl or the obradys bowl.

I've been all over the country to UConn games. A minimum thousand dollars for two people to see one of those dreadful CUSA teams in a dump while flying home on Christmas Eve? That's the definition of a non-starter for 90% of people who would consider going.

Reaction Score
These are the American Conference Bowl tie- ins for this year 2013/early 2014:

12/23 Beef O'Brady (FL) v. C-USA
12/28 Pinstripe (NYC) v. Big 12
12/28 Belk (NC) v. ACC
12/28 Russell Athletic (FL) v. ACC
1/4 BBVA Compass (AL) v. SEC

I was wrong above about Liberty for this year.

All bets are off after this year.

Reaction Score
Don't forget, we still have the opportunity to go to one of the Big 6 Bowls (the Access Bowl) and we also the opportunity to play in the AAU Championship Game.

The Bowls are fine, and I have been to three of the five (and bought tickets to donate for the two I couldn't attend) and had a good time at all of them, even in Detroit! However, after the Fiesta Bowl it's hard for me to get too excited about any Bowl unless we go to a major bowl (i.e., BCS or equivalent). So after this year, it's win the conference and hope to get the Access Bowl (I still think in most years unless Boise is undefeated or has one loss the AAU champion will get the bid). If for some reason we win the conference but another conference champion from, say Mountain West, gets the access bowl bid, all we need is one really attractive bowl tie-in for the AAU Champion to play in. For me, it's always about winning the conference and having a top bowl as the reward.

If we finish 2nd or lower, as long as the Bowl is somewhere warm I don't care all that much...I'll have a good time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see the AAC swipe a spot in the Hawaii bowl eventually. That would be a good bowl and good matchup against a decent MWC team.

Reaction Score
I've been all over the country to UConn games. A minimum thousand dollars for two people to see one of those dreadful CUSA teams in a dump while flying home on Christmas Eve? That's the definition of a non-starter for 90% of people who would consider going.
I agree the timing of that bowl is brutal. It would be difficult to make if we were playing Alabama. Too much going on with holidays and everything

Reaction Score

No one is going to hold it against UConn if people don't go to the Beef O'Brady's on Christmas Eve to watch a game against North Texas.

Reaction Score
No one is going to hold it against UConn if people don't go to the Beef O'Brady's on Christmas Eve to watch a game against North Texas.
That's fine if you want to believe that. I dob expect to see you on realignment board whining about our conference. If we act like a bunch of nobody's. we become nobody's

Reaction Score
That's fine if you want to believe that. I dob expect to see you on realignment board whining about our conference. If we act like a bunch of nobody's. we become nobody's

Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC fans wouldn't travel to that game on Christmas Eve. No one will. I really don't know what to tell you. At best, the game is a gift to the football team for a decent season. Otherwise, it shouldn't even be played.

Reaction Score
Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC fans wouldn't travel to that game on Christmas Eve. No one will. I really don't know what to tell you. At best, the game is a gift to the football team for a decent season. Otherwise, it shouldn't even be played.
I do agree 110% that the timing of the bowl is horrid. Te opponent and venue should not matter though. Lets hope for better than the obrady bowl. I do even though its only 40 min away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom