AA announcements [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AA announcements [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I know the WBCA limits teams to 3 nominations - is that also the case for the AP? I don't remember seeing anything firm either way on it.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
My Google skills have filed me.
I know ESPNW has theirs done. Coaches poll, I believe announces on Saturday. What about AP?

At least they didn't defile you.

Reaction Score
I always find it interesting to look at underclassmen ...
3 1st team, 3 2nd team, 3 3rd team, and 11 HM

Top Seniors
  1. Plum, Wash
  2. Jones, MD
  3. Osahor, Wash
  4. Peterson, Syr
  5. Wiese, Ore St
  6. Allen, ND
  7. Kmbrough, MD
  8. Akhator KY / Coates SC / Coffey NW / Epps KY / Jankoska MICHST / Jones BAY / McCall STAN / Romero FSU / Karlie STAN / Schulte DEP / Simms ODU / Wendell DRK
Top Juniors
  1. Wilson, SC
  2. Mitchell, OhSt
  3. Turner, ND
  4. Gabby, UConn
  5. Brown, Duke
  6. Vivians, Miss St
  7. Canada UCLA / Nurse UCONN / Mercedes TENN / McCarty TEX / Thomas FSU / William MSST
Top Sophs
  1. KLS, UConn
  2. Napheesa, UConn
  3. Anigwe CAL / KalaniB BAY / Durr LOU / Cunningham MO / Martin WV

Of the 19 underclassmen,
UConn has 4.
Miss St has 2.
SC, Tenn, Mo / Oh St / ND, Duke, FSU, Lou / Tex, Bay, WV / UCLA, Cal have 1.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yes--but me down as a little shocked Jordin Canada didn't make list but not sure who I would take off!?!

Monique Billings should have at least been HM.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I agree. All star voters usually reward scoring over other skills. While Lou leads Gabby in scoring 20.7-13.8, Gabby leads Lou in rebounding 295-135, Assists 185-113, Steals 94-51 and Blocks 48-8. By the stats, Gabby has a much more well rounded game. If I had to pick just one for my team, I think I would go with Gabby. Glad I don't have to pick.
Also, Gabby currently sitting at 482 points. Like to think she gets to 500 tonight. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She did, as you probably know by now. I would have loved seeing her replacing Wilson on the first team. She contributes so much more to this teams success than does Wilson to hers.

:rolleyes:

Jim

Reaction Score
And when Azura gets to play next year, UCONN will have a starting lineup of 5 All-Americans or Honorable Mentions!:)

Reaction Score
She did, as you probably know by now. I would have loved seeing her replacing Wilson on the first team. She contributes so much more to this teams success than does Wilson to hers.

Wilson is the best player, by far, on a team that has a #1 seed. Why you would diminish her accomplishments eludes me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wilson is the best player, by far, on a team that has a #1 seed. Why you would diminish her accomplishments eludes me.

Without Wilson.... Baby Carolina would have been in Columbia last night waiting for their Men's team to come back home to celebrate their first final four

Reaction Score
If I were king, I would have flipped Lou and Gabby partly because I think she earned it, partly because she is a year older. Lou will have one more chance.
There's a number of voters that don't agree with your idea of flipping the two. I think there's a number of people that feel that Gabby may be the single most important factor in this team's great season and I'm not one to argue because she's awesome. What I really don't like is that in order to talk her up, there's some people on the Boneyard that feel the need to denigrate KLS by saying she should be off the list. No question that Gabby deserves more acknowledgement than she gets from the media but to feel the need to take away from the great season that Katie Lou has is crap. A'ja Wilson got all kinds of media attention but there's many people on this board that don't feel that she is a first team All-American. Why not throw her under the bus instead of one of this wonderful teams' best players???? I think a lot of sportscasters typically go for the home run hitters and not necessarily the singles hitter who plays great defense and is a great base stealer who leads the league in runs scored. It's the big power hitter that gets all the headlines and 3 point shooting is comparable to home runs in the women's game. The other day KLS didn't have a particularly good second half on paper but her presence on the court and her ability to draw attention away from other players made it easier for them to be successful. Do you think if you didn't have KLS on this team that Pheesa and Gabby would have the numbers they do? Her being so deadly, particularly at the arc, means that you don't have a collapsing defense, freeing them up to do the things that they do. Things aren't that black and white, you know. People talk about the numbers and since KLS plays appreciably more minutes on the perimeter, she's not going to get rebounding numbers comparable to the others. We're blessed to have some exceptional players but the one annoying thing about this board is the propensity of people to feel the need to take away from one in order to praise another. As parents, would you do that to your kids in the fashion you seem to do it here?

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting because she is the best player on her team, that she deserves first team All-American? Are you assuming that one of the criteria for first team All-American is that you have to play on a Number 1 seeded team? What about the best player on Quinnipiac? What about the best player on the University of Hartford? If A'ja had gone to either of these schools, she would no longer be eligible? It's the 5 best players in the country and I and others don't feel she is! It's true, I'm not a fan but that doesn't change the fact that there are other players that don't get her exposure who are better players. There are players that you and I haven't ever seen that potentially could be better than she is, don't you agree?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting because she is the best player on her team, that she deserves first team All-American? What about the best player on Quinnipiac? What about the best player on the University of Hartford? A pretty big first team of All-Americans, isn't it? It's the 5 best players in the country and I and others don't feel she is! It's true, I'm not a fan but that doesn't change the fact that there are other players that don't get her exposure who are better players. There are players that you and I haven't ever seen that potentially could be better than she is, don't you agree?
You need to read vowelguy's post again. "Wilson is the best player, by far, on a team that has a #1 seed." Note the qualifier. That limits it to only four teams.

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting because she is the best player on her team, that she deserves first team All-American? Are you assuming that one of the criteria for first team All-American is that you have to play on a Number 1 seeded team?

I said none of these things. I merely responded to the OP.

The OP said that Gabby contributes more to her team's success than Wilson does to hers. Gabby is one of 3 great players on a great team. Wilson is the best player by far on a very good team. Simple math suggests it is unlikely that Gabby is more responsible for her team's success.

Whether that should be the criteria for AA is not the issue at hand, and I have made no comment either way on that.

Reaction Score
You need to read vowelguy's post again. "Wilson is the best player, by far, on a team that has a #1 seed." Note the qualifier. That limits it to only four teams.

Not that it matters, but the highlighted phrase is a mere descriptor. Ie, "Wilson is the best player on a team (South Carolina) that has a #1 seed."

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Pheesa and Lou are a couple of the best players in the country...Gabby is the best player on the team...Saniya and Kia we wouldn't be a great team without...IDK...I heard some Italian guy said something like that one time...:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom