AA announcements [merged thread] | The Boneyard

AA announcements [merged thread]

Reaction Score
My Google skills have filed me.
I know ESPNW has theirs done. Coaches poll, I believe announces on Saturday. What about AP?

Reaction Score
I heard it was to be announced today, but I can't confirm.

Reaction Score
ABC: Plum unanimous choice as AP women's basketball All-American

>>Plum received all 33 votes from a national media panel Monday that chooses the Top 25 each week. She is joined on the All-America team by South Carolina's A'ja Wilson, Maryland's Brionna Jones and UConn's Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson. Voting was done before the NCAA Tournament.<<

>>This marked the fourth consecutive year that UConn had at least one All-American. Huskies junior Gabby Williams earned second team honors... Joining Williams on the second team were Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell, Notre Dame's Brianna Turner, Washington's Chantel Osahor and Syracuse's Alexis Peterson.<<

Fuller: Elm City to Eagleville: UConn's Collier, Samuelson earn Associated Press All-American honors

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AP All American Status does not qualify for the Wall of Honer. It has to be the WBCA All American team which is announced during F4 Week.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does 2nd team get you on the wall? I thought it was 1st team, and some get there via the 10 woman WBCA(?) AA Team.
AP All American Status does not qualify for the Wall of Honer. It has to be the WBCA All American team which is announced during F4 Week.
At this point I'm so confused by something I though I understood... that I don't even know where to go with this.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
At this point I'm so confused by something I though I understood... that I don't even know where to go with this.
I do not believe there has ever been an AP 1st team AA (5 players) that has not also been a WBCA 1st team AA (10 players) so I don't think that the premise that either list would qualify has ever been tested. But most of us believe either would qualify, as most of us suspect a DPOY or Lieberman winner would also qualify, but have never had that tested either!

Reaction Score

The criteria looks to be selected to the 10 member WCBA team, but being first team all AP pretty much guarantees that, I would think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom