A word before the game.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A word before the game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 2016 Championship banner will be unveiled tonight at the Baylor game. Want a sneak peek?

Baylor freshman Lauren Cox said of Breanna Stewart, "I have that same goal. That's what I want to do," Cox said. "I want to have a good overall experience. But my main goal, like hers was, is to win four national championships."

So it's good that UConn will be unveiling another championship banner tonight. Lauren will be able see for herself and imagine what the four new championship banners that she will bring to Baylor will look like next to the ONE that Baylor currently has.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The 2016 Championship banner will be unveiled tonight at the Baylor game. Want a sneak peek?

Baylor freshman Lauren Cox said of Breanna Stewart, "I have that same goal. That's what I want to do," Cox said. "I want to have a good overall experience. But my main goal, like hers was, is to win four national championships."

So it's good that UConn will be unveiling another championship banner tonight. Lauren will be able see for herself and imagine what the four new championship banners that she will bring to Baylor will look like next to the ONE that Baylor currently has.

The path via Storrs would have been easier.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
this is a great thread.... UConn was being laid to rest but Bizarro saw something none of us did

Reaction Score
^ if there's one thing i know its geno's coaching since i have been following his career since he became the coach. I've also had the chance to talk to him a few times and get inside his head on coaching. KLS is going to be a superstar as soon as she gets back up to speed. She lost a lot of time rehabbing over the summer. By March geno will have this team running like a swiss watch. Their first loss will be against either DePaul since Doug learned from geno, or ND because it's in southbend.

Reaction Score
So, the FSU game was exciting, huh? I know some people are unhappy with the fact the Huskies struggled for much of the game. I'd like to remind folks that this team is very different from last year's and Geno is relying on some very young women to be key players. A reminder about the roster:

10 Molly Bent 5-9 Guard FR/FR Centerville, Mass.
51 Natalie Butler 6-5 Center SR/JR Fairfax Station, Va.
12 Saniya Chong 5-8 Guard SR/SR Ossining, N.Y.
24 Napheesa Collier 6-1 Forward SO/SO O'Fallon, Missouri
5 Crystal Dangerfield 5-5 Guard FR/FR Murfreesboro, Tenn.
25 Kyla Irwin 6-2 Forward FR/FR State College, Penn.
20 Tierney Lawlor 5-7 Guard SR/SR Ansonia, Conn.
11 Kia Nurse 6-0 Guard JR/JR Hamilton, Ontario
33 Katie Lou Samuelson 6-3 Guard/Forward SO/SO Huntington Beach, Calif.
15 Gabby Williams 5-11 Guard JR/JR Sparks, Nev.
23 Azurá Stevens 6-6 Forward/Guard JR/JR Raleigh, N.C. - sitting out this year due to NCAA transfer rules
32 Batouly Camara 6-2 Forward SO/SO New York, N.Y. - sitting out, same reason

ONE starter is returning from last year (Kia). There are 5 freshmen and sophomores who've never been the focus of the defense or asked to contribute as much as they'll be needed this year. The juniors - Kia, Gabby, and Natalie, are still struggling a bit to step up and need to find their balance as team leaders and play makers. Big kudos to Saniya on her game at FSU - she played like a UConn senior, my highest praise. Keep it up, kiddo.

Anyway, the point of my post is to remind posters that this is a young team in an unfamiliar conformation. Players are being asked to do things they've never had to do before. During games, I understand expressing frustration with goofy turnovers or boneheaded fouls but, please, don't turn your frustration into personal insults of the players. Criticizing the play is always OK; criticizing the human being is way out of line.

Criticism is fine, but there are a handful of posters who've taken it on themselves to beat the drum of negativity of one player over and over again. These people rarely post, and when they do I already know what their posts say before even clicking on the link. Technically, these posts criticize player but really, they are just spontaneous rants against a single player. These posters may have noticed their posts disappearing. If they just get up one morning and decides to rant against the same player, their posts will continue to disappear.

Thanks everyone for the mostly even-handed response to the game at FSU. Not saying this as a mod, but as a fan, please try to continue to be patient. I have a feeling it will be worth it in the long run.

Do you realize you contradicted yourself? I don't know who you are talking about but how can you say it is OK to criticize the play and then say you delete posts from a person who is tecnically criticizing the player's play and not the person? Just say what you mean. It is ok to criticize the play unless it annoys me so don't annoy me or I will delete your posts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It seems the money knew something that escaped us.
Yea, the money usually does. Guess we should have listened.

f6db7792a8feb43e232d54a4b0b55c63.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS