A Very Positive Read Of The Young Uns | The Boneyard

A Very Positive Read Of The Young Uns

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lots of Geno and Chris Dailey as the recruits are evaluated. If you are like me you'll start to read and a grin will break out. Chris on Nika cracks me up:

"Muhl, part of a crowded backcourt, has stood out by creating for others. Her physicality and intense play remind Dailey of a young Jen Rizzotti.

“She’s a bull in the china shop,” Dailey said. “She’s going to get to where she wants to go, whether she has to go through the wall, over the wall, or around it, but she’s not afraid to go through it. ... We haven’t had that in a while.”

Some happiness for Autumn too. "That starts all the way down the depth chart with 5-8 freshman walk-on Autumn Chassion, whom Dailey says makes pretty much every open shot she gets in drills. Gabriel is expected to face a steeper learning curve this season, but appears eager to get better (“she hasn’t even realized some of the things that eventually she’s going to be able to do,” Dailey says)."

Anyway, you will like this article.

Promise of UConn women’s future buoyed by better recruiting results

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My gosh 2 articles in a day about the newbies! Geno keeps getting stronger about Paige:

“I think Paige has had a lot of success in college already. If you watch her at practice every day, you know she’s a really, really good college player already. Her month of October has been a tremendous success.”

Geno Auriemma says: “Nika is the same way [as Edwards]. These are two kids that are really exceptionally physical and intense and play really hard, and want to try to win every single thing that they do.”

Another article worth the read.

Reaction Score
ROCK : you da man as always. But one glitch re this article: looks like you have to pay for it to continue reading it after the initial paragraph or so???

Reaction Score
Sadly, the articles are from the Courant, and if you haven't paid, you can't read the article.
A while back I took advantage of the Courant's $1.82 for 182 days e-subscription offer, so I'd be able to click these BY links. Well, that was over 182 days ago and I used it about 3 times in that 6 months (I rarely see anything WBB-related in the Courant that I didn't already know - usually just a re-gurge for casual fans who don't keep up every day).

Fortunately (?) I CAN see these articles, because now the Courant has started billing me $7.95 month. Although these particular articles are exceptions to the "nothing of value there" rule, I'm afraid the exceptions are too few and far between to be worth $96/year. Thanks for the reminder to call them and cancel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A while back I took advantage of the Courant's $1.82 for 182 days e-subscription offer, so I'd be able to click these BY links. Well, that was over 182 days ago and I used it about 3 times in that 6 months (I rarely see anything WBB-related in the Courant that I didn't already know - usually just a re-gurge for casual fans who don't keep up every day).

Fortunately (?) I CAN see these articles, because now the Courant has started billing me $7.95 month. Although these particular articles are exceptions to the "nothing of value there" rule, I'm afraid the exceptions are too few and far between to be worth $96/year. Thanks for the reminder to call them and cancel.
I know it's tough for them. We love reading content on our beloved team, but don't want to pay for it. I get where the Courant is coming from - I'm sure delivery subscriptions are way down. It's tough all the way around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lots of Geno and Chris Dailey as the recruits are evaluated. If you are like me you'll start to read and a grin will break out. Chris on Nika cracks me up:

"Muhl, part of a crowded backcourt, has stood out by creating for others. Her physicality and intense play remind Dailey of a young Jen Rizzotti.

“She’s a bull in the china shop,” Dailey said. “She’s going to get to where she wants to go, whether she has to go through the wall, over the wall, or around it, but she’s not afraid to go through it. ... We haven’t had that in a while.”

Some happiness for Autumn too. "That starts all the way down the depth chart with 5-8 freshman walk-on Autumn Chassion, whom Dailey says makes pretty much every open shot she gets in drills. Gabriel is expected to face a steeper learning curve this season, but appears eager to get better (“she hasn’t even realized some of the things that eventually she’s going to be able to do,” Dailey says)."

Alternative link

The class is headlined by point guard Paige Bueckers, the top recruit in the country. But forward Aaliyah Edwards and guard Nika Muhl have also carved out significant roles for themselves on a team that returns four contributors from last year — and the class as a whole seems to have revitalized the team and staff with its competitiveness and energy. “The fact that I think, right off the bat, we’ve got freshmen that can contribute and contribute right away, and they’re only going to get better and better and better. And the best thing that I like about them is their work ethic is never questioned, which is also unusual for first-year kids.”

Reaction Score
Sadly, the articles are from the Courant, and if you haven't paid, you can't read the article.
Right, please copy and paste from the Courant everyone.

Reaction Score
@EricLA if you are able to clean of your cookies/history you can probably read the article.
No, I can't pick and chose which cookies to clean. As far as I know it's all or nothing with the cookies. I'm not going to give up the "helpful" cookies to read the Courant. Maybe they'll go chapter 11...

Reaction Score

I especially like the part where "Chris Dailey notes the freshman has dethroned sophomore Aubrey Griffin as the team’s fastest player in sprints. "

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My gosh 2 articles in a day about the newbies! Geno keeps getting stronger about Paige:

“I think Paige has had a lot of success in college already. If you watch her at practice every day, you know she’s a really, really good college player already. Her month of October has been a tremendous success.”

Geno Auriemma says: “Nika is the same way [as Edwards]. These are two kids that are really exceptionally physical and intense and play really hard, and want to try to win every single thing that they do.”

Another article worth the read.

I like and prefer physical and intense. Finesse is OK IF you can get away with it, but when you can't, it's nice to be able to play in the alternative mode. Physical and intense play will serve this team well this season, especially against our top 5 ranked opponents who "specialize" in being physical and intense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry for spamming the BY, but Young Uns? Once upon a time there was a man named Jed, poor mountaineer (did he do the hokey pokey?) barely kept hid family fed, then one day he was shooting at some food.....

Reaction Score
Eric, if you open the new page in incognito window then you can read but not always works..
==> Right click in the article, then select incognito window.

Reaction Score
Alternative link

The class is headlined by point guard Paige Bueckers, the top recruit in the country. But forward Aaliyah Edwards and guard Nika Muhl have also carved out significant roles for themselves on a team that returns four contributors from last year — and the class as a whole seems to have revitalized the team and staff with its competitiveness and energy. “The fact that I think, right off the bat, we’ve got freshmen that can contribute and contribute right away, and they’re only going to get better and better and better. And the best thing that I like about them is their work ethic is never questioned, which is also unusual for first-year kids.”
Thank you for the link!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

If you call them and say you want to cancel, but ask about other options, they likely will offer a good deal. My bargain had expired, and they started to charge me $1.99 per week. My new rate is $5.99 that covers the full season (6 months).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno also says Mir is as athletic as anyone they have ever had. I’ve seen her and been very impressed, but I didn’t expect her to be faster than Aubrey. That’s outstanding! I think we have 3-4 eventual DPOY candidates on the team.

Reaction Score
You can still read links to Courant articles if you open them in incognito windows. At least until they figure that out.
They've figured that out. Do they still give you 5 (3?) free articles per month? If so you can just change browsers/devices and get as many free sets as you have browsers.

Reaction Score
They've figured that out. Do they still give you 5 (3?) free articles per month? If so you can just change browsers/devices and get as many free sets as you have browsers.
I just read them both in incognito. I believe the difference is to use it on the link, not go to the Courant site.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Try a different browser. I couldn't read it on Firefox or Chrome, but Edge let me view it. Incognito works as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom