A Very Disappointed Loyal Fan | The Boneyard

A Very Disappointed Loyal Fan

Reaction Score
So when WE dominated for years we are all over TV,,,, Now a Loyal Fan can see a game .... UCONN should be a shame!!!! Why dont the resident of CT have access to watch the games.....Please bring CPTV back..!!!!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm in Northern Vt and am blacked out....insane.
(Can see replay though).

Reaction Score
I am in Colorado and I can’t remember a game I didn’t see for years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As with most of "TV", streaming seems to be the way to go to get the most entertainment that you want.

Dumb question, @Fraz , what specifically is CPTV? A local TV station in CT?

Reaction Score
As with most of "TV", streaming seems to be the way to go to get the most entertainment that you want.

Dumb question, @Fraz , what specifically is CPTV? A local TV station in CT?
Connecticut Public Television. The channel that carried the Huskies in their early years when no one else wanted to broadcast all of their games.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Central Florida here. We see all the games.

Reaction Score
Down here in SW Florida we've gotten all the games free except the CBSSport ones.

Last edited:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Central Maine gets everything free except for the recent move to ESPN+ of one game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm in Northern Vt and am blacked out....insane.
(Can see replay though).
Hmmm we may need an intervention for @msf22b

Reaction Score
Streaming on demand is the new world order. Just make sure you have a high-speed connection. With 5G ramping, you wont even have to be logged into a network to watch all UConn games!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Connecticut Public Television. The channel that carried the Huskies in their early years when no one else wanted to broadcast all of their games.
So if CPTV won back broadcast rights (how would Public Television even be able to do that???), then that would make it even more "locals only" than SNY. Hmm.
What I don't understand is why people that have access to SNY have UConn games blacked out. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Whenever Jerry Franklin came on I found myself checking that I still had my watch and wallet ... even though he was on my TV and I was on my recliner – his sleaze factor was that strong.
For those who have no idea who he is, Jerry was the president of CPTV (since retired). Yes, we watched CPTV broadcast games with much angst with the continual begging. However, when there was no coverage in the early 90s, CPTV did bring some games. When UConn WBB became relevant, CPTV capitalized. They can't be faulted, rather thanked. Painful? Absolutely! But there was no alternative. Of course, back during those years, the wife and I were at ALL of the home games. CPTV was on for away games.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I have another Off Topic dumb question...has anyone figured out if there's a way to pause, rewind or fast forward an ESPN3 game being streamed/viewed on a TV?
Personally I use a ROKU stick and the remote apparently can't control what it is streaming on the ESPN app other than exiting what I am currently viewing.

Reaction Score
Florida resident. I have directv and I can get SNY if I purchase the most expensive package and add Sport package. A bump of $35 a month. Or I can purchase ESPN+ for about $5. Only disadvantage is no recording so I have to be home and at the TV on time for the start.

Reaction Score
Hmmm we may need an intervention for @msf22b

Maybe if we petition CBC.ca TV. There should be a growing audience up there if we continue to recruit the Nurses and Edwards'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom