A UCONN fan walks into a bar ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A UCONN fan walks into a bar ...

Reaction Score
I was with my Colombian (at the time) gf and a Danish friend in Washington DC. We watched the finals in 2014 and at the end of the game my Danish friend said "Wow, I did not realize that was a finals match."

Any way, the game was not a big deal at first but more and more people came to watch, but sadly for the WRONG side, Kentucky. They were just bandwagon fans for one day and managed to pick the wrong team, ha. I want to say I was in Dupont circle for the championship game.

Same thing happened with the Florida match. I had a prof. training day for work at the national mall earlier in the day, I think I went for a run after that and then went to Chinatown DC (I think grafitos pizza but maybe not) and watched Uconn beat Florida. Not many people cared at first but "Florida fans" came out of the wood work as the game wore on.

So I guess two cases of the reverse happening but OH WELL!

(My sisters son also became a Zona fan on the day Uconn beat them in the elite 8, though to be fair she was a Zona alum). Still, tough luck kid, Uconn fans felt that pain for ages. Myself, felt it for nearly a decade.

You like those cute Latinos huh Pudge?

The best women in the world, in my very strong opinion are cute Latin women who are educated and cultured/well traveled. Coming from a good background is a huge plus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, that hadn’t crossed my mind until now. But, now that you mentioned it, I guess in your World - I would get credit for coining that phase in the context of UConn MBB. Who else would?
OK...In my world..it was just a joke....FYI.

Reaction Score
A place I have been to twice - not frequent.

I am in Stamford and go to Colony Grill - well known in Fairfield and Westchester Counties. Stamford one is the original.

There are 4 TVs on the bar side and it is relatively packed on a Thursday. None of the games on at 9:15 are UConn v Wichita State. The very cute latino barkeep quickly moves on my request for the UConn game. After all ... WE are in Connecticut. Colony Grill has beer and Pizza. Nothing else on the menu - the Pizza is good.

Game gets into the last 4 minutes and I notice I am not the only one watching the UConn game. Inside of 30 seconds, two table of 4 young couples and a handful of others at the bar are rooting for UConn. Last shot by Alterique big cheer ... and then.

Yes. He was fouled. It could have made a difference in the game; though he probably would have tried to hit the FT.

This is the metaphor for where we are: DEEP in our psyche of stakeholders, there are a lot of lurkers eager to be UConn fans again.
I will be at Colony in Stamford for dinner tonight (great spot), I can't resist the hot oil pizza. However, I will feel the hot oil 10x more tomorrow morning at around 7am...

Reaction Score
@Pudge Colony is very good in Stamford. The most underrated pizza and bar is Coalhouse. The bar at Coalhouse is so underrated. I've watched a few UConn games at Coalhouse and it's awesome. I'm the only one there!

Great bar, great whisky selection and you'd never no it was there in the back of a pizzeria. Colony is solid...the new Bobby V's is ridiculous -- like best sports bar I have ever seen -- wish the food was a little better and love the golf simulator.

Anyone remember Damon's on Prospect in Hartford ? That place was awesome during the 2011 run.....went out of business ..... SAD.

Reaction Score
Great bar, great whisky selection and you'd never no it was there in the back of a pizzeria. Colony is solid...the new Bobby V's is ridiculous -- like best sports bar I have ever seen -- wish the food was a little better and love the golf simulator.

Anyone remember Damon's on Prospect in Hartford ? That place was awesome during the 2011 run.....went out of business ..... SAD.

I used to do trivia there. I’m not sure why it closed.

Did you ever go to West Wings? It was the tenant before Damon’s and was the most disgusting and poorly run sports bar I’ve ever been to.

Reaction Score
Waqoit?

Life. Love Latino ❤️ (RE Port Chester + SE Fairfield County). But since divorce ... I’m long in Asian friends. Doctors + University Profs. whodathunkit

Didn't know Kraft was a Husky fan?:eek:

Reaction Score
Next season lots more people will be watching UConn basketball, I don’t get why people don’t this year. Even though they lose the games are interesting
Interesting is not the term I use when I see 5 points in 12 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom