A Special Moment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Special Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
11,452 and counting posts say differently.
A lot of those posts I found out is editing. Every time you edit it adds to your overall post count. I edit almost every post I make and some up to six times.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Seriously, what is special about this moment? I can name countless times an opponent has shown respect for an opposing player.

Seriously? Yes, it happens countless times, but not all that often from someone anointed by the media as the be-all and end-all of the game. That sometimes gets into a player's head. I missed the moment, but will watch for it in replay.

Reaction Score
why do you think she "blew off" Holly... she was running to the locker and Holly jumped in front of her requesting a interview, isnt she entitled to say "nah, interview Kayla"

or is she told before the game that she needs to do the halftime interview with Holly.

I dont like the interview of the players and coaches... just gives fans more to b**** about.
I think game time interview of players should be OFF-LIMITS. Same for coaches, with an exception of 10 seconds at halftime. It's COLLEGE. The NCAA should have a rule against an athlete getting that special benefit. Ooops.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I will say this, it shocked me.

It did catch me off guard and it may have even lessened my dislike of the "Sky Diggs" persona, as I have always enjoyed watching Skylar Diggins the athlete and competitor.

Sorry, my skepticism meter went sky high on this one. For the entire season, we've watched the scowl, the prima dona, the "this is my F house", etc. My first reaction was that she did that to "look good". I could be totally off base, but that's what I thought. Either way, the end result was all good for UConn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
A lot of those posts I found out is editing. Every time you edit it adds to your post count. I edit almost every post I make and some up to six times.

Sorry Padre, but you are wrong. I tested it with my post count by editing a post several times, saving it and then looking at my post count. No change.

Reaction Score
Thanks, MSF, for pointing out a nice moment. I was sitting down low, but missed it....caught it on replay at your suggestion. I have found the reaction on this thread highly amusing. Naturally, we Husky supporters all tend to hate Skylar on one level, because she's so damned good, so much a historic thorn in our side, and so prone to well-earned swagger when appropriate. Similarly, those qualities induce a higher level of satisfaction on our part when our team beats her, as compared to its beating anyone else. Duh? What your chief critic, who is often wrong on this Board, though never in doubt, conveniently overlooks is that the very qualities that Boneyarders complain about in Skylar could equally be attributed to some of our own, DT in particular. A player has to be great to engender all that hatred, and it pains opponents to credit their skills. As for me, I want players with the kind of warrior mentality that Skylar exhibits on my team, and would have been delighted if she had chosen to play here instead of ND. Anyway, as you pointed out, it was a nice, sportsmanlike moment, and I'm glad you brought it to our attention.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry Padre, but you are wrong. I tested it with my post count by editing a post several times, saving it and then looking at my post count. No change.
Does it on mine, doggy. Or I should say did it. Maybe it changed when the 30 minute edit limute went away. I checked it several times to make sure that is what was happening.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nope, just checked and it is still ups the message count on edit postings. Maybe your posts are too perfect to edit.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I think game time interview of players should be OFF-LIMITS. Same for coaches, with an exception of 10 seconds at halftime. It's COLLEGE. The NCAA should have a rule against an athlete getting that special benefit. Ooops.
I think I remember Rebecca tweeting about it during the tourney that they hate it as much as the coaches and players, but it must be in the ESPN agreement to cover the tourney. I dislike it as well. The mid-game ten second interviews (other than half-time) really strike me as useless.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Nope, just checked and it is still ups the message count on edit postings. Maybe your posts are too perfect to edit.
I just did it again and nope, no count change.

Reaction Score
Kelly did have a reaction. She put her right arm around Skylar's waist. Check it out again.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think I remember Rebecca tweeting about it during the tourney that they hate it as much as the coaches and players, but it must be in the ESPN agreement to cover the tourney. I dislike it as well. The mid-game ten second interviews (other than half-time) really strike me as useless.
+10 - I hate the in game interviews with players, the during the time-outs interviews with coaches, but the thing I find most objectionable are the really dopey locker room pre game and halftime coach's pep talks. Those are such cringe worthy moments to me I try to get the sound off before the audio picks up. I blame this all on Vince Lombardi and the Packers (who I have never liked anyway!)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
... but the thing I find most objectionable are the really dopey locker room pre game and halftime coach's pep talks. Those are such cringe worthy moments to me I try to get the sound off before the audio picks up.

Ha! I thought I was the only one that did that!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
+10 - I hate the in game interviews with players, the during the time-outs interviews with coaches, but the thing I find most objectionable are the really dopey locker room pre game and halftime coach's pep talks. Those are such cringe worthy moments to me I try to get the sound off before the audio picks up. I blame this all on Vince Lombardi and the Packers (who I have never liked anyway!)

same here, I am not a fan of listening to the pre/half pep talks.....if I were a coach or a player, I would find it distracting, and, given there is very limited time between halves, I would also find it intrusive. But that's just me.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks, MSF, for pointing out a nice moment. I was sitting down low, but missed it....caught it on replay at your suggestion. I have found the reaction on this thread highly amusing. Naturally, we Husky supporters all tend to hate Skylar on one level, because she's so damned good, so much a historic thorn in our side, and so prone to well-earned swagger when appropriate. Similarly, those qualities induce a higher level of satisfaction on our part when our team beats her, as compared to its beating anyone else. Duh? What your chief critic, who is often wrong on this Board, though never in doubt, conveniently overlooks is that the very qualities that Boneyarders complain about in Skylar could equally be attributed to some of our own, DT in particular. A player has to be great to engender all that hatred, and it pains opponents to credit their skills. As for me, I want players with the kind of warrior mentality that Skylar exhibits on my team, and would have been delighted if she had chosen to play here instead of ND. Anyway, as you pointed out, it was a nice, sportsmanlike moment, and 'm glad you brought it to our attention.

Leaving the floor after a victory at Duke and flashing the "call me" sign is very different from shouting at fans in Connecticut and saying "This is my house."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Thanks, MSF, for pointing out a nice moment. I was sitting down low, but missed it....caught it on replay at your suggestion. I have found the reaction on this thread highly amusing. Naturally, we Husky supporters all tend to hate Skylar on one level, because she's so damned good, so much a historic thorn in our side, and so prone to well-earned swagger when appropriate. Similarly, those qualities induce a higher level of satisfaction on our part when our team beats her, as compared to its beating anyone else. Duh? What your chief critic, who is often wrong on this Board, though never in doubt, conveniently overlooks is that the very qualities that Boneyarders complain about in Skylar could equally be attributed to some of our own, DT in particular. A player has to be great to engender all that hatred, and it pains opponents to credit their skills. As for me, I want players with the kind of warrior mentality that Skylar exhibits on my team, and would have been delighted if she had chosen to play here instead of ND. Anyway, as you pointed out, it was a nice, sportsmanlike moment, and I'm glad you brought it to our attention.

It was a nice sportsmanlike moment. Special? No. Something that was unusual? No.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Leaving the floor after a victory at Duke and flashing the "call me" sign is very different from shouting at fans in Connecticut and saying "This is my house."
honestly... it was her " house"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry, my skepticism meter went sky high on this one. For the entire season, we've watched the scowl, the prima dona, the "this is my F house", etc. My first reaction was that she did that to "look good". I could be totally off base, but that's what I thought. Either way, the end result was all good for UConn.
Did any of you Skylar haters ever see Diana play?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Diana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skylar

There aren't enough "greater than" signs, really.

The thing that annoyed me about Skylar is that she has the swagger of a player with national championships, NPOY awards, etc., but never did any of those things. She's a very good player who thinks she's D or Candace. She's just not.

I will give her credit for losing graciously, however. That is not easy to do.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I will give her this too: this year's ND team needed her swagger the way the 2003 and 2004 UConn teams needed D's. But D has three NC rings to prove her swag is well-earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom