A Passionate Bob Diaco Talks About the conFLiCT & National Reaction | The Boneyard

A Passionate Bob Diaco Talks About the conFLiCT & National Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is absolutely unhinged.

How do we make these games relevant Coach Vineyard Vines? How about winning more than 1/3 of your FBS games? How about getting plays in on time or not treating our first season as exhibition or returning (or maybe attempting to block a punt) or by getting an offensive coordinator who's actually called plays before or by adjusting defensive schemes to attack so we don't end up leading the country in drives of more than 90 yards given up or by not doing stupid Shiite like the play calls at the end of the Navy game or the fake fake field goal? How about those for a start?

Does he not understand that the conflict got so much press because it's just straight dumb?

Now he's suggesting we broadcast our games on Nickelodeon?

I like the guy. He's built a team of gentlemen. But he's unhinged and needs to go

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"How do we make these games relevant to our fans..."

Try winning more games than you lose Bob. When you lose you're irrelevant, when you win, you make others take notice and respect you, which is far greater attention that mocking your made up trophy and rivalry game.

Reaction Score

Literally just watched this on YouTube. I was just thinking that this is the coach I want to see. Bob seriously needs to coach angry more often. Stop being Mr. Easygoing on the sideline the game is clearly going to hell. I'd bet this team would respond to a death glare, Bill Cowher chin and an animated shriek in the ear. Coach with that same level of intensity, and I bet the team steps up. Otherwise, they never bought-in in the first place.

Not that he doesn't already have passion for the game, but it's too contained. He needs to become more unhinged, or be less afraid of losing composure. He might actually get a response from the players.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I appreciate the intensity/anger that he has about this. It's generated a lot of embarrassing headlines for UConn so soon after being passed over by the Big 12 in favor of an extra 100K. Maybe the trophy diss will make next year's game a little extra motivating. Maybe our guys will stomp all over their 50 yard line during pre-game warmups and take it to them like the last few years before Saturday. Who knows. It's just a very bad look for our football program at a time when we already have a bad look and don't need any more.

Reaction Score
Manuel hired this idiot while monitoring the conference realignment landscape

But he's laughing at us now while he adds a couple more stamps on his Zingerman'a frequent diner card

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He insinuates that sombody in the room from UCF supposedly agreed to all this nonsense. I've never seen any reaction from anybody there all the way back to George O' Leary, who must have been in the same room that day, which indicates that they agreed or even knew about it.

That means somebody is lying about what went on that day. As crazy as Diaco is, my money's on him.

He lucked out and beat them his first season, so it became a way for him to draw attention to his only triumph during an otherwise dismal 2-10 season, which was somewhat self-inflicted by him. Then we beat them again in 2015, which played into his hands.

Gee, look at me. I beat UCF...twice! That's really all its ever been about.

Reaction Score
He insinuates that sombody in the room from UCF supposedly agreed to all this nonsense. I've never seen any reaction from anybody there all the way back to George O' Leary, who must have been in the same room that day, which indicates that they agreed or even knew about it.

That means somebody is lying about what went on that day. As crazy as Diaco is, my money's on him..

Yeah, it's gotta be Diaco -- O'Leary's never told a lie in his life!

He's (BD) eccentric but I don't see him going down in a ball of fire for making up a conversation over something that is so stupid in the scheme of things.

Reaction Score
I wish somebody has asked him if he still has faith in his offensive coordinator considering all the under-the-bus throwing that went on Saturday after the game.

Reaction Score
I believe Diaco is telling the truth. So what.

I'm not concerned with UCF lying about it. It was a stupid idea, they are smart to disavow any knowledge. The bigger issue is this idiot thinks the best ways to get in the national conversation are to fabricate a rivalry game and play on Nickelodeon TV.

His job is to win games, not to solve our exposure problems. Winning solves that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I research it. I give it a lot of thought. To add some intrigue, some excitement, interest for two teams that would no interest otherwise."

"So I don't understand why it was a bad idea.
" Yes Bob, I bet you don't.

"Let's create some intrigue." How about we just create some wins, nozzle?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Look. I don't know how good a coach Diaco will ultimately turn out to be, but he's genuine. He might even be a little crazy, but he's not a liar. If UCF deliberately left that trophy behind it was a genuinely classless act. There was a way to kill that thing without embarrassing Diaco and the program. I get folks being frustrated with the season and Diaco. But the sentiment on this issue is really clear to me - duckK UCF!

Reaction Score
Now UCF has a rivalry on their hands - we hate them even more now. Need a new "trophy " that is symbolic - like a golden motorized wheelchair to represent the retirees + snowbirds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom