A lot of prospect decisions in the coming weeks... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A lot of prospect decisions in the coming weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see potential chemistry problems, thats all. It didn't work last time. and I know KO is different than JC. Great individual success does not always trnslate to team success.

It didn't work last time, because the kids in front didn't have the best of attitudes. And we were facing a tourney ban, so kids wanted out. And Drummond was incredibly raw. Stone is decidedly not.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
A huge part of our success over the last few years is having reliable 3 point shooting from 3-4 players on the court. It would be nice to pull in Mack so we have a consistent deep threat like last season.

This just got me thinking about how great our shooters were on last year's team. Napier, Giffey, and DeAndre were guys that every time they took a 3, I assumed it was going in. I don't have that feeling with Boat or Calhoun, and Facey, Purvis, and Hamilton have not proved themselves yet. But I think D-Ham can really be that guy for us this year. I love guys that can shoot from distance consistently…Mack is that guy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is called "Kentucky-ing" and is why they suck we do not like them. We are all about the brotherly love.

ftfy. it's been a very successful strategy for them. The FFs and Championship back that up. They'll be in the FF this year most likely as well.

Reaction Score
ftfy. it's been a very successful strategy for them. The FFs and Championship back that up. They'll be in the FF this year most likely as well.
I agree, I'm just a biased UConn fan. My point was that we tend to have a better chemistry than them and is why we have seen our past success.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Nov 12 is the date being thrown around on here.
Stone confirmed the November 12th date in a recent interview. He says it may be a little before that date or a little after but I think it will be at or very close to that date. Here's the interview…He talks about visits and commitment date around 4 minutes in….

Reaction Score
;)

I'd rather have guys that suck, this way they can stay 4 years, graduate on time and help our apr. Also, no expectations means no disappointment when we suck. Sucking is good.
LOL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Stone confirmed the November 12th date in a recent interview. He says it may be a little before that date or a little after but I think it will be at or very close to that date. Here's the interview…He talks about visits and commitment date around 4 minutes in….

The only reason to wait till this date is to check out early games from this season.

Reaction Score
Nov 12 is the date being thrown around on here.
It has been for a while because that was the initial date set by Stone and his family, but I remember over the past month or so hearing that he is pushing his commitment back.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
my take is these 3 dudes take the sun basking hostesses dd cupcakes ego road trip that was presented by the foxy one to shuttlesworth

Chap has had some difficult posts to decipher, but this section of his last post might be the toughest. I have no f&#king clue what this means.

Reaction Score
Chap has had some difficult posts to decipher, but this section of his last post might be the toughest. I have no f&#king clue what this means.

He's referring to the scene in He Got Game where Rick Fox introduced him to those girls for the threesome. Sun-basking hostesses DD cupcakes, I'm assuming, refers to the girls.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The season doesn't start for any team (at least from his final four) until the 14th though
True but there are some exhibition games he may attend on unofficial visits. And the around the 12th give some leeway into the first week.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
True but there are some exhibition games he may attend on unofficial visits. And the around the 12th give some leeway into the first week.

Can't imagine a few early exhibition games are going to impact this kid's decision.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine a few early exhibition games are going to impact this kid's decision.
Yeah I thought that before fleud brought it up, I don't think so either and I guess I thought he didn't as well
C'mon man you think he's gonna watch Wisconsin play Northern Kentucky (as if he hasn't seen plenty of UW games already)? OKState play Southeastern Louisiana? Maryland play Wagner? UConn play Bryant? I just don't buy it

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah I thought that before fleud brought it up, I don't think so either and I guess I thought he didn't as well

C'mon man you think he's gonna watch Wisconsin play Northern Kentucky (as if he hasn't seen plenty of UW games already)? OKState play Southeastern Louisiana? Maryland play Wagner? UConn play Bryant? I just don't buy it
Maybe you guys will buy the explanation he's trying to give someone an early Christmas gift! I'm just trying to come up with an explanation for a Nov. 12th announcement. Drama suspense? Doubt it cause kid and family don't seem the type. If you guys have a better explanation I'm all ears.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They have been very rational, organized and low drama/ego in their process of selecting a school. If you noticed he had visits yet to take.Last thing I read was his father saying their process might take a little longer than Nov. 12 to complete. I'll believe tcf that they are back on track for their original date.
Any official UCONN visit planned? Would love to see one around Veteran's day.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn is in a strange spot here - several kids on the verge of ending their recruitment and UConn doesn't have a clear lead for any of them.

Four kids will likely commit between now and November 12th - we need two of the four to avoid scrambling in the spring and that looks very iffy. (e.g. I don't think UK is pressing Briscoe for a commit, but we still may lose this one to SJ.)

Right now, it would have been nice to still have had Prince Ali in the fold.

Reaction Score
Yes we are in a strange spot and possible we get skunked. Would hate to be scrambling in the spring. Briscoe to St. John's a real possibility; immediate playing time and close to home. Coming in 2nd means squat and losing Mack to the commwelth would suck big time. Check the yard every morning hoping for some good news.

Reaction Score
Potentially the question marks for some may be the talent sitting in the 1-3 spots and the unknown as to how long they will be here? Tough spot for sure.....

Reaction Score
UConn is in a strange spot here - several kids on the verge of ending their recruitment and UConn doesn't have a clear lead for any of them.

Four kids will likely commit between now and November 12th - we need two of the four to avoid scrambling in the spring and that looks very iffy. (e.g. I don't think UK is pressing Briscoe for a commit, but we still may lose this one to SJ.)

Right now, it would have been nice to still have had Prince Ali in the fold.

Do we really need two of the four to avoid scrambling? With only one senior and Adams/Enoch already in the fold, aren't we sitting on a pretty nice '15-16 roster even as it stands today? It's obviously impossible to predict early entrants in October, but I can't imagine we lose more than one. If everybody comes back, we have a solid group of 11 guys. If somebody leaves, we still have 10.

Now I'm not at all suggesting that we shouldn't add anybody - we obviously need to. But my view is that landing even one of those four guys would be incredibly good news. Landing none would sting, but I have no doubt that we'd find somebody to add in the spring. Last October we had no idea Cassell Jr. was even an option. Two Octobers ago, we had no idea who Amida Brimah was.

So my overall point is that we're starting from a position of strength, so I think "scrambling" is a little strong. Especially if we land one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom