A little shake and bake from KK Arnold | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A little shake and bake from KK Arnold

Reaction Score
Does anyone seriously think that the lane will be guarded by one small guard in big time college basketball?! The moves are impressive but irrelevant on the next level.
In addition to what everyone else said; UCONN loves to run. When you rub, there isn't always a big defending inside, so yes it's relevant. For example players like Dangerfield weren't physical enough. Others aren't quick enough. So not only can she pass when she gets in the lane, she is showing you her physicality. As a result, on fastbreaks you better have an athletic / physically strong enough guard able to defend her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When we have threads like this looking to the future I inevitably think we only have 2 more years of Paige. How to handle that? She holds out the carrot of 5 years, but I think that's a longshot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When we have threads like this looking to the future I inevitably think we only have 2 more years of Paige. How to handle that? She holds out the carrot of 5 years, but I think that's a longshot.
In a KK Arnold thread, I think "thank god Geno can still find some of the best players in the country that play the right way and are willing to take on the singular challenges of UConn"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KK is taller than Geno, roughly 5’9” now. That 5’6” height is outdated.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I watch this game 2 or 3 times a year. It's just an almost perfect game. And I'm not sure this isn't the best WCBB team ever assembled. Moriah was in the zone on both ends.
I think it is one of the most underrated championship team ever. It was a great team that, statistically, compared well to the two seasons around it. That they committed the cardinal sin of losing to Stanford in overtime at Stanford after leading by ten in regulation forever damned this team to secondary status compared to the '14 and '16 undefeated teams. The '14 and '15 front courts were among the best ever.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think Geno and Jemelle loved it. If you look at Jemelle around the .46 mark she has a smile on her face after one of KK's moves.

Reaction Score
To answer your question, yes.
Check out the moves at :16 and 1:28.

My favorite was the skid of her lead foot while keeping the dribble going, then redriving to the basket against the momentum of the defender, and freezing the weakside help. Awesome against the #1 team (for a little while) in the land [SC], when UCONN was #2 with KML, Stewie, and Tuck to support MoJeff's wicked fast break! MoJeff was faster with the ball than all of the defenders without the ball.

It is good to refresh the mind as we are 120 days away from the first game that matters [11/10 vs. NE].

Reaction Score
I was thinking about something more general than the first step or going to the rim. I understand what you mean.

This play by Paige from the championship game, not directly related to this thread, crosses my mind often. I think I'll ocassionally post it on the BY.

This will be part of my weekly encouragement viewing library... THANKS for sharing!

Just thinking of the return of a healthy Dorka, Griffin, Caroline [pain free], renewed AE [fresh from being MVP of Globl Jam & gold], AZZI not sick or injured, Amari being trusted and consistent, Lou being a sharpshooter, two strong anf fearless Freshmen in AP and Ice to rise to Paige and Nika's intensity.

These 11 can equal the 12th National Championship [11 for 12!!!]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To answer Nan's question ... maybe this kid:

Moriah had a “wicked” crossover then an still does. She is breaking ankles at the pro level. Quick is quick at any level.

Reaction Score
Last year, Paige was tournament ready in November -- just rewatch the Arkansas game to see it. The rest of the team took a few months to get there. Watching Moriah now, or dreaming of what KK may become, makes me wish the team is ready to go a lot sooner this year.

Reaction Score
A 5 second search on Google would have given you this:

Lots to love here: Hitting a three from a step back, then skipping backwards faster than most of the opponents on a break to picking the pocket of the point guard, to faking out three of the defenders only to drop a dime to the shortest girl on the court for a wide open bunny in the paint (twice)...

I ove her shaking her head after making a three and setting up the press INSIDE the 3 point arc on her own offesive side. Saves time when one can get the steals on your own offensive half-court... WOW!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This will be part of my weekly encouragement viewing library... THANKS for sharing!

Just thinking of the return of a healthy Dorka, Griffin, Caroline [pain free], renewed AE [fresh from being MVP of Globl Jam & gold], AZZI not sick or injured, Amari being trusted and consistent, Lou being a sharpshooter, two strong anf fearless Freshmen in AP and Ice to rise to Paige and Nika's intensity.

These 11 can equal the 12th National Championship [11 for 12!!!]
CDR, I agree with everything you said here. That is why I ask the question……if not now, when?

This time last year I thought that senior ladened team had a better chance of winning it all than this one that lost 3 seniors. Even though that team lost the championship game, Looking back and looking ahead, I’m not so sure. This team is much deeper and a whole lot healthier than last year’s team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom