A List of Candidates if Edsall Did Get Fired (Which he Won't) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A List of Candidates if Edsall Did Get Fired (Which he Won't)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sticking my neck out here - I’ve been watching Elon (FCS) football since my son was accepted there. They were pretty bad until they brought this guy, who had been a coach at Alabama -

Curt Cignetti - Head Football Coach - Staff Directory - Elon Phoenix Athletics

Elon beat the #2ranked FCS team this year and was ranked as high as #5. They’ve been to two FCS playoffs in Cignetti’s only two years at the school. The team and administration at Elon love him, too.

Maybe there are more viable candidates that could be considered rather than retreads.

I like it. Talented, proven success, prestigious coach tree, and hungry.

Ultimately I think going the successful FCS coach route is the way to go for UConn after the next AD eventually fires Edsall.

Dooley

Reaction Score
My suspicion is that UConn football is on the possible chopping block when it comes to the state budget. We need to make our voices loud and clear that moving away from FBS is not the answer.

I'm very interested in seeing the line item in the CT state budget that funds UConn football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn football on the chopping block or yet alone anything related to cuts at UConn with Gov. Elect Lamont? Dont think so. Lamont openly advocated that we should be in the ACC during one of the debates, if anything, UConn is gonna get its deserved funding especially with the expanded democratic majorities in the House and Senate.

Reaction Score
On Briles:
a. If Suzie is foolish enough to allow this hire, it would be the biggest stain to her legacy & she would be stoned by her new female students at the Stamford branch.
b. If this hire went through, every female athlete would demand release from her scholarship to allow her to transfer.
c. As a parent of a female graduate of UConn, in addition to being an alumnus myself, what extra bucks ticketed toward charitable contribution to the University would dry up in a nanosecond.

Dooley

Reaction Score
On Briles:
a. If Suzie is foolish enough to allow this hire, it would be the biggest stain to her legacy & she would be stoned by her new female students at the Stamford branch.
b. If this hire went through, every female athlete would demand release from her scholarship to allow her to transfer.
c. As a parent of a female graduate of UConn, in addition to being an alumnus myself, what extra bucks ticketed toward charitable contribution to the University would dry up in a nanosecond.

Well said. Ditto for me too. I would want nothing to do with Briles or anyone under the Briles coaching tree. Absolutely disgusting culture under him.

Reaction Score
I'd offer the job to Rhett Lashlee.

His wife might like the northeast better if Rhett was the HC.

Reaction Score
I just love how most of CT is like "Why are we subsidizing this godawful football program" and we're here like "Yeah let's drop another cool 5 mil on firing/replacing another coach."

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
How about a coach who has NE ties?
One who is recommended by the CT HS Coaches Association?
One who has coached a D1 college team before?
One who is killing it in the NFL as an assistant?

Oh wait...that didnt work either...

Reaction Score
Going after Addazio isn't bold or smart. He is marginally different than Edsall.

Dang it! I got sucked into posting in this thread.
LOLOLOLOL

Right. You shouldn’t have posted.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I just love how most of CT is like "Why are we subsidizing this godawful football program" and we're here like "Yeah let's drop another cool 5 mil on firing/replacing another coach."

This made me actually laugh out loud. I just want the people of CT to be okay with spending an extra $200-$300K/yr on a new defensive coordinator. Maybe Lamont can write that into his first budget. :D

Reaction Score
On Briles:

That would be the first smart thing Susie has done for Uconn. You bring Briles in and you bring a winning culture and respectability to the program. He was scapegoated at Baylor cause what person in their right mind would go to a football coach over someone who could actually do something like I don’t know the police? Also, think you’re a little far out of touch with reality thinking every girl would ask for their release lol. The good ones aren’t leaving the basketball program nor the field hockey team but soccer and softball they can all go because they are terrible. I’m sure the school will miss your donation while the football team starts winning

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That would be the first smart thing Susie has done for Uconn. You bring Briles in and you bring a winning culture and respectability to the program. He was scapegoated at Baylor cause what person in their right mind would go to a football coach over someone who could actually do something like I don’t know the police? Also, think you’re a little far out of touch with reality thinking every girl would ask for their release lol. The good ones aren’t leaving the basketball program nor the field hockey team but soccer and softball they can all go because they are terrible. I’m sure the school will miss your donation while the football team starts winning

FOH with this, Briles is a terrible human being and I don’t want him within 50 miles of campus.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

A winning culture of sexual abuse? This is uconn. Not Penn State.

Reaction Score
A winning culture of sexual abuse? This is uconn. Not Penn State.

6 straight yrs of 7+ wins which Uconn would die for considering all the moaning going on around here. He would also come cheaper than Edsall. But hey keep those dreams of big time football with these terrible hires lol.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
6 straight yrs of 7+ wins which Uconn would die for considering all the moaning going on around here. He would also come cheaper than Edsall. But hey keep those dreams of big time football with these terrible hires lol.

You're ignoring the entire reason why Briles is a terrible hire. You're acting like it doesn't matter- it should and it does.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Lamont openly advocated that we should be in the ACC during one of the debates

Well that settles it, pack your bags boys because we are moving on up to P5!

The last time our elected officials tried to get involved in conference realignment, they pretty much got us blacklisted from the ACC... Lamont has about a thousand other fish to fry, I hope he focuses on being governor more than college football.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma has a "great" linebacker's coach on their staff that you might want to add to the list...
images.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well that settles it, pack your bags boys because we are moving on up to P5!

The last time our elected officials tried to get involved in conference realignment, they pretty much got us blacklisted from the ACC... Lamont has about a thousand other fish to fry, I hope he focuses on being governor more than college football.
while he has his autodial to Malloy

Reaction Score
1. Outside of any BYers who may happen to hold local office, nobody in government is monitoring this place.

2. Football is a complete political non-factor in this state, regardless of affiliation. Around 1.4 million people voted in the governors' race, and the fraction of that number that actively cares about UConn football? Too small to fathom.

How many of those local elected officials who reads the boneyard are in Connecticut? Maybe .01% if that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom