A game like this is just what the doctor ordered! | The Boneyard

A game like this is just what the doctor ordered!

Reaction Score
Down 21-10, they came back after a sluggish start to quickly take the lead. They went up 15 before giving up the lead completely and overcame late-game deficits in regulation and the first OT. Nearly gave a 9 point lead and the win away with under a minute in OT #2. (I mean, who wasn't having a heart attack in the closing seconds with that JSmith 3 that would have cut it to 1?)

In fact, I would argue this 2 OT win is way better than if UConn had just run away and won by 20-25. Why? Everyone is going to be talking about this game. It WILL be one of the better games of the first month and if everyone talks about a game in which both teams combined for 224 in which UConn was the winner it only benefits UConn. Glad they edged Auburn out tonight! One of the best college bball games in November guaranteed!

Great game! I think these kids learned a ton tonight including how to win. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
F81603C1-600C-4911-B87B-3204C45661AB.gif

Reaction Score
There’s talent to build on, but that was some wildly unintelligent play down the stretch. You can’t blow multiple leads like that and expect to make a deep run, but it’s nice to see them pull it together and get the W in the end.

Reaction Score
Being able to somehow come out with a win in this game, when it seemed like we'd choked it away horribly on two separate occasions, will definitely give this team confidence to keep pushing in clutch situations, and now we have a few guys who aren't going to be afraid to take the big shot. Blowing that lead was absolutely excruciating as a UConn fan to watch, as was the unbelievable unforced turnover by Hawkins in the first OT (and that awful call by the refs at the end of the second OT), but now that it's over, character has been built that cannot be unbuilt. Wow.

Reaction Score
Sanogo went up against just about as strong of a frontcourt as he’ll probably face all year and made them look silly.

Look out. This season is going to be fun
I hate to nitpick but AS needs to do better positioning for rebounds. If he grabs 10 this game ends in regulation with us winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom