A Disgusting Day in College Basketball | The Boneyard

A Disgusting Day in College Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today we have the dishonor of watching two despicable programs compete for the right to go to the Final Four.

Syracuse: whose program suffered barely a scratch from their NCAA violations, who was allowed to self-ban during a terrible season and avoid long-term roster/recruiting repercussions, and whose blemished resume was ignored because of the suspension of their coach due to same violations in order to allow them to compete in this year's Tournament.

UNC: who has yet to be punished in any form for the widest-ranging case of academic fraud ever perpetrated under NCAA watch.

And their praises will be sung for 5 hours this evening. I might throw up.

Reaction Score
I think UNC asked for a delay on their punishment due to the having a good shot at winning the championship this year. I think they win it all and they get hit with a 2 year ban shortly after. Then again the way the NCAA operates who the heck knows.

Reaction Score
I think UNC asked for a delay on their punishment due to the having a good shot at winning the championship this year. I think they win it all and they get hit with a 2 year ban shortly after. Then again the way the NCAA operates who the heck knows.

They didn't explicitly ask for a delay, but they intentionally filed paperwork on violations in a way that pushed it back past this year.

Reaction Score
I think UNC asked for a delay on their punishment due to the having a good shot at winning the championship this year.
What they actually did was way worse. They went and found, and reported new violations in other minor sports so the entire investigation and thus its results were forced back. They actively threw other sports under the bus to save this year's basketball team.

THE CAROLINA WAY

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What they actually did was way worse. They went and found, and reported new violations in other minor sports so the entire investigation and thus its results were forced back. They actively threw other sports under the bus to save this year's basketball team.

THE CAROLINA WAY
Ahhh I see I didnt know the details this makes more sense thanks.

Reaction Score
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ud-investigation-almost-done-mark-emmert-ncaa

The NCAA and University of North Carolina's lengthy investigation into academic fraud in the school's athletic department is in its final stages.

NCAA president Mark Emmert told USA Today Sports that while he has not set a deadline for the investigation to conclude, “Sometime in the relatively near future we’ll move toward a resolution."
Of course, right after the National Championship game.

Reaction Score
UVA sucks. They're always a paper tiger team. Syracuse has played no one of substance on the way to the final four.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Reaction Score
Rooting for UNC tonight, only because they have a better chance to beat Cuse IMO.

This year's tourney can hardly suck much more.

Reaction Score
UVA sucks. They're always a paper tiger team. Syracuse has played no one of substance on the way to the final four.

Sometimes you get lucky.
UVA was easily top 5 team this year...to say they suck is stupid. They played poorly tonight, but even a solid uconn team is prone to huge upsets in the tourney...

Reaction Score
UVA was easily top 5 team this year...to say they suck is stupid. They played poorly tonight, but even a solid uconn team is prone to huge upsets in the tourney...
They're not a scary team to face in the tournament. That's what I mean.

I don't care who's on their roster any given year. UVA doesnt win when it matters

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is on you, @August_West
Don't blame me. Blame turkey. When Syracuse beat us on thanksgiving it should have been clear to all. Turkey=bad. All of UConn nation should have sworn off Turkey for the remainder of the season. You all didn't, we're out, they're in. I mean this obvious fact is beating you all over the head but it's easier to make me the patsy. That's taking escalators, not stairs and we are paying the ultimate price.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the old BEAST has two in, will it be three?

it sucks to have something you help build stolen from you

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Don't blame me. Blame turkey. When Syracuse beat us on thanksgiving it should have been clear to all. Turkey=bad. All of UConn nation should have sworn off Turkey for the remainder of the season. You all didn't, we're out, they're in. I mean this obvious fact is beating you all over the head but it's easier to make me the patsy. That's taking escalators, not stairs and we are paying the ultimate price.
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/roll-call-rooting-for-cuse-tonight.90314/

:mad:

Reaction Score
At least one of UNC and SU won't win the title. Go VU! Go OU!

caw

Reaction Score
I'm happy Cuse beat UVA. I dislike UVA to my core, Cuse I just pity.

Reaction Score
A more disgusting day now. How are these 2 teams still playing? The NCAA is a God - awful business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom