A crappy season is a plus for Pasqualoni | The Boneyard

A crappy season is a plus for Pasqualoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What could he do? The cupboard was bare. Waa waaa.

Then the five win season next year can be seen as improvement (three win season?). We're moving in the right direction. Waa waa. By next year, Mac should be a mid-level Sunbelt starter. That alone should help the W column.

P gets a pass this year. Setting the bar low means in year three the bar is still low. Winning all the OOC games, as was possible this year, wouldn't have made much difference in his tenure. But I think, it would actually made it harder for P in the long run.

It reminds me of a team playing for a first round draft pick. Wins are not important. It's only important that P be seen as a steady hand on the wheel

Reaction Score
a crappy season is a big plus for you because it gives you something to bitch about, and i'm starting to think that's all you look to get out of college football

Reaction Score
What is the purpose of this thread? Are you implying that P is throwing games in order to build job security? What exactly are you saying here? I honestly have no idea.

If P wins 4 and 5 games in his first 2 years he will be on the hot seat big time. You already have people calling for his head after 6 games (as ridiculous as that sounds). 2 full years is probably not even a fair amount of time, but in today's world, it's just the reality of the situation.

Reaction Score
What could he do? The cupboard was bare. Waa waaa.

Then the five win season next year can be seen as improvement (three win season?). We're moving in the right direction. Waa waa. By next year, Mac should be a mid-level Sunbelt starter. That alone should help the W column.

P gets a pass this year. Setting the bar low means in year three the bar is still low. Winning all the OOC games, as was possible this year, wouldn't have made much difference in his tenure. But I think, it would actually made it harder for P in the long run.

It reminds me of a team playing for a first round draft pick. Wins are not important. It's only important that P be seen as a steady hand on the wheel

You alright ?

Reaction Score
Why is it Randy can win with these types of players yet P gets a window to get his players here.

P didn't walk into a team where the coach got fired and had lousy players. How many bowl games and 8 win seasons did Randy have recently?

The OOC schedule was completely winnable this year. We ended up with a better QB than last year and a fair running game yet we have played sub par football.

P should stop trying to implement everything on offense and defense in the first year.

Stop making excuses for P. Should not be fired but needs to be watched closely.

As for Palatine...no idea what his post meant.

Reaction Score
Heard it this morning ... and it is absolutely true:

A NEW coach needs to do something EARLY to make it his team. A WIN at Vandy by tightening the Offense & playing mistake free. A WIN in a big situation. I don't think PP was a bad hire (certainly not what Kragthorpe & GROB turned into); but, he needs to grab ahold of this situation NOW.

Reaction Score
For those who are crying the sky is falling, stop! This is not SU circa 2005. This is not the year anyone wanted, but for those who had an objective view in the summer, the predictions for a challenging season were warranted. We have a new staff, new schemes, and lots of changes in personnel. Think Cincy last year, coming off of a BCS game an finishing 4-8.

Could we be 5-1, yes. Should we be, no. We are who we are. It's not fun - it never is seeing the sasage being made. No one knows how this will play out over a few years, but calling for change is IDIOTIC, period. It demonstrates a lack of knowledge about the process and is dismissive of the young men who are struggling to move forward.

I get it, things are less than expected and head's must roll - it's a great attitude, except when it comes to demonstrating stable leadership, teaching strong values, and becoming a destination for current and future staff and players.

I was a fan of HCRE, but how is he doing this year? And please do not tell me how he beat Miami's second team in his opener. Again, I think he will do well at Under Armour U., but when you bring in a new staff, new schemes and try to fit those in over a few months, expecting anything less than a challenge is naive.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yes, palatine. That's exactly what we're saying when we say give the guy a couple years. UConn fans want to set the bar lower :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I am not saying that he is intentionally tanking the season.

I am saying that winning is not his highest priority this year. The loses won't hurt him in any way and may, in fact, provide him some shelter in future years.

Reaction Score

I am saying that winning is not his highest priority this year. The loses won't hurt him in any way and may, in fact, provide him some shelter in future years.

i think I've made some pretty dumb arguments in my life, but wow, to argue that winning football games is not any head coach's highest priority, let alone Pasqualoni's highest priority, that takes the cake hands down. Bravo. :confused:

Reaction Score
Do you read what you type or think about what you say? Do you really believe winning is not everything to these guys? This is their life, their career, their everything. His family never sees him and you think that is the case b/c he is not focused on winning or has a master plan to get to mediocrity in a few years.

Please go cheer for BC - they actually do comport to the way you think.

Reaction Score

This may be dumber than your original post.

Reaction Score
a crappy season is a big plus for you because it gives you something to bitch about, and i'm starting to think that's all you look to get out of college football

+1,000

Reaction Score
P should stop trying to implement everything on offense and defense in the first year.

Great point. Why does Pasqualoni think he can just come in and run all his own offensive and defensive schemes when we ALREADY PLAYED offense and defense last year? Doesn't he have a VCR or whatever so he can watch tapes of how UConn does it?

His hiring should have been made conditional on not being able to make decisions like that without consulting some sort of ombudsman or council that knows what's best for the football program.

Reaction Score
Great point. Why does Pasqualoni think he can just come in and run all his own offensive and defensive schemes when we ALREADY PLAYED offense and defense last year? Doesn't he have a VCR or whatever so he can watch tapes of how UConn does it?

His hiring should have been made conditional on not being able to make decisions like that without consulting some sort of ombudsman or council that knows what's best for the football program.

Apparently reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.

I was talking about stuffing a new complex offensive and defensive scheme down their throat all at once. He was so desperate to impress he forgot to transition it over time.

Especially if you don't have the right players. Gotta give lots of credit though on how he handled the QB situation.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score

HuskyNan where the heck is the Ignore button??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Apparently reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.

I was talking about stuffing a new complex offensive and defensive scheme down their throat all at once. He was so desperate to impress he forgot to transition it over time.

Especially if you don't have the right players. Gotta give lots of credit though on how he handled the QB situation.

I think we're on the same page here: the guy is jamming his scheme down the players' throats, am I right, but all he was hired to do wwas be the head coach.

Do you want to be on the Council of Overseers who get to sign off on Pasqualoni's decisions before they are finalized? I'm going to get Palatine and some others from the Boneyard involved, plus some guys I know from work who know tons about college football and stuff and then I'll present the demand to Herbst and Governor Molloy (maybe Senator Blumenthal, too, not sure yet though).

I read your posts a lot. You are super-knowledgable and could be crucial on the Council of Overseers. Think about it.

Reaction Score
If P were out to get a pass on the season the easy thing to do would be to start Nebrich from day 1. Everyone would be saying we are building for the future. Starting McEntee was the aggressive try to win now move.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
HuskyNan where the heck is the Ignore button??? :rolleyes:
images

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why is it Randy can win with these types of players yet P gets a window to get his players here.

Edsall went 4-7 in his first year, then 3-8 then 2-9 before finishing 6-6 in his fourth season at UConn.

If you're talking about how UConn won last year with the same players, the easy answer is that it's not the same players. Gone are:

Todman & Frey = replaced by a freshman
Frazer, Endres = replaced by a walk-on with zero game experience
Hurd
Lloyd
Lutrus, Wilson
Polito
Sherman
Smith (ineligible), Difton, Gennerett, (Kinnard, Sheppard)

Reaction Score
Edsall went 4-7 in his first year, then 3-8 then 2-9 before finishing 6-6 in his fourth season at UConn.

If you're talking about how UConn won last year with the same players, the easy answer is that it's not the same players. Gone are:

Todman & Frey = replaced by a freshman
Frazer, Endres = replaced by a walk-on with zero game experience
Hurd
Lloyd
Lutrus, Wilson
Polito
Sherman
Smith (ineligible), Difton, Gennerett, (Kinnard, Sheppard)

You didn't just compare RE's first years with P's first year. What can I say?

As far as players lost, especially on defense, the only glaring problems has been in the secondary. Maybe they're a better zine coverage group than the man to nan they are getting with the bltzing going on.

Don't hear any complaints about LB or DL so in essence we have the same defense with less success.

Of course we miss Sherman an Frey and Hurd. The rest not so much. Walk on schmawk on. Mac is a measurable improvement over Frazier.

So on the defense it sure looks like Brown was too aggressive in scheme changes and it shows.

The offense does seem to be improving though.

My point all along Nan was RE won with essentially the same starting defense and less at QB. People need to stop making excuses
for P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul