#8 in new AP Poll | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#8 in new AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. UConn might have a depleted roster but they’re still one of the handful of teams that the casual fan would “expect” to be able to beat SC.

It would be an upset but most people would not be completely shocked.
Actually, after tonight's performance, maybe it WOULD be a shocking upset. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think tonight's game also shows why the NET is not the be all end all.

ND, ranked #14 in NET, tonight beat UConn, ranked #2 in NET, shortly after losing their second game of the year to Syracuse, ranked #40 in NET.
No measurement is perfect. If there was such a measurement there would be no such thing as gambling because everyone would know the winner before the game was played. Heck, the game wouldn't even need to be played. So NET, and everything else, can't tell you what is going to happen tomorrow. At best, NET tells you about yesterday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree Kneepkens was a big loss for Utah. I’m a little unsure of the context of this comparison of her with Pili?, but she is not even in the conversation with Pili, who is a player that can and has put that team on her shoulders and won games they had no right to win. Kneepkens is a nice player but Pili is a/the star on that team.
Women’s college basketball is a guards game, Geno has always said that, and if you want to disagree with the greatness coach in the history of women’s college basketball then I don’t know what to say. Case in point, UConn’s loss to ND yesterday. We had two big bodies on the floor yesterday (Ice and Edwards) and it didn’t matter. That little freshman guard for ND ran circles around us. If you think Utah (minus Kneepkens) could beat Iowa or even the UConn team we saw get blown out yesterday then I have a bridge to sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom