#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
My thought is the game was lost when Iowa State went into protect the lead mode early in the 4th. They just aren't built that way. But what else was Coach Fenelly to do? Plus he had quit a few freshmen out there in a pressure packed situation.

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread, you can't base everything off the eye test when seeding. Baylor's resume was terrible. If they got a 1 seed it would've been a travesty.
I agree with not a 1 seed since it has only become obvious to most how good they are during the tournament, but, like Md, a P5 conference champion and should have at least been given a high 2 seed. Then maybe you wouldn’t see a weak potential Ariz/A&M matchup in one bracket and a potential matchup of the two best teams, UCONN and Baylor in another.

Reaction Score
Anger management anyone? The bottom line is this: Iowa State had 10 losses coming in to this game and Texas A&M had 2. There are reasons for both records and bad calls/no calls did not determine those W-L records.
But they certainly determined this game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Obviously nothing is going to happen to improve the quality of officiating because the powers that be don't care enough about the women. But I will say this, if this type of incompetency happened on the men's side, the talking TV and radio heads would still be barking about it and screaming for change. Sad.

Reaction Score
No, they didn't. The coaches decision to take the air out of the ball too early made that comeback possible.The poor calls at the end would not then have mattered.
I guess we’ll just have to disagree. I can agree that if there was no comeback the bad calls and non-calls would not have mattered. But there was a comeback, so they did.

Reaction Score
I guess we’ll just have to disagree. I can agree that if there was no comeback the bad calls and non-calls would not have mattered. But there was a comeback, so they did.
That's okay to disagree that's why I love the boards here, full of good back-and-forth w/o personal attacks and such.
My point was that the Iowa State coach, with his decisions, made that comeback possible in the first place. And again, that team had double-digit losses in an abbreviated season so.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom