#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is it just me or was Zona’s offense better last year? They have more pieces this year, but the chemistry hasn’t been found.
agreed

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Baylor is playing like a 1 seed and has been for the last month. Them and Maryland are both on fire on both ends of the court.

That said their resume didn't earn a 1 seed. They had very minimal top 25 matchups and they lost to Iowa St at home (yes I know they had just come off the COVID break).
If I had to give power rankings right now:

1. Baylor
2. Maryland
3. Stanford
4. UConn
5. NC State
6. South Carolina
Texas A&M

Reaction Score
46-year-old Brian Joens, owner of Joensey’s on North Dodge Street, was charged after a Monday incident at the University of Iowa Quickcare clinic near his restaurant.

The ICPD online activity log shows officers were called to UI Quickcare at 3:12pm for a report of vandalism. Four minutes later, a roofer called dispatchers to say a man was mad at him and took his ladder. One minute after that, officers were called to Joensey’s for a harassment complaint.

Police say two witnesses saw Joens carry a ladder from the side of the building into his restaurant. The roofer who owned the ladder had been on a 30 minute break and came back to find it gone. A third witness said he saw Joens throw the ladder out the back door of his business. Joens claimed he didn’t take the ladder, but was able to point the owner to its location. The owner noticed about $30 in damage that was not pre-existing.

bc4567a2119b5cf7f6d0728ba54da13e.gif

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
This game proves while the 3 ball is sexy, it's overrated.

Reaction Score
Meh.... Iowa State annoys me.. they have for years. Plus I want to see the ultimate Land Grant, Play in the Shadows Regional Final in TAMU vs State. You can argue that no two schools.. with the possible exception of Michigan State are overshadowed by the flagship institutions in their state as much as the Aggies and Wolfpack. Heck the Aggies left for the SEC to escape the Longhorns shadow... and you would find plenty of State fans who would gladly leave for the SEC if it meant leaving the Tarheels behind. @LETTERL would you agree or disagree?
Aggies left for the SEC to escape the Longhorns shadow? As an alumni of Texas A&M, BIG negative. Most ridiculous statement I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Aggies left for the SEC to escape the Longhorns shadow? As an alumni of Texas A&M, BIG negative. Most ridiculous statement I have ever seen.
Is it? That was more or less what was widely reported at the time. Aggies were tired of Texas running the show in the B12. And the Longhorn network was kinda the last straw.

Reaction Score
Is it? That was more or less what was widely reported at the time. Aggies were tired of Texas running the show in the B12. And the Longhorn network was kinda the last straw.
It was about money. Like everything else.

Reaction Score
If IowaSt had won, SEC would've been the P5 conference with the fewest teams in the Sweet 16 -- dont think anyone had that!

As it is, they're 4th behind the BiG (4), PAC (3 or 4), ACC (3).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Well that's one of the narratives bandied about on Sports Radio back in the day... plus the added exposure and money that goes along with the SEC. As an Aggie alum... I'd love to hear your take on why they decided to part ways with the Big 12

Reaction Score
When 1/2 of your songs/chants are about another school, you definitely have a severe case of Little Brother Syndrome.

Reaction Score
wow - just watched the replays. ISU should file a protest. 3 blown call at the very end of the game literally changed the outcome (jump ball & 2 hacks on Joens). Wont change who advances but at least it will call attention to the poor officiating. That was a brutal way to lose.

Reaction Score
A&M left for multiple reasons. Bigger exposure in SEC, which has paid off, especially in football. Th ePresident at the time called it a 100 year decision and it was no secret he wanted a change. That was the main reason really and he convinced everyone it was the right one. I agree with him. Financially it was definitely a good decision.

The Big 12 fought like hell to prevent them from leaving.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When 1/2 of your songs/chants are about another school, you definitely have a severe case of Little Brother Syndrome.

That Aggie War Hymn is one of the top 3-4 college fight songs without a doubt. Almost put it on my phone after the 2018 round of 32 (men's)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How does Lexi donarski not try to take a charge there?
Probably afraid of contact since all the calls were going A&M's way.

Mulder

Reaction Score
Jordan Nixon didn't rely on an official to put her on the foul line.
She took the ball in the paint and laid it off the glass.

No ifs, ands, or buts!

Mulder

Reaction Score
wow - just watched the replays. ISU should file a protest. 3 blown call at the very end of the game literally changed the outcome (jump ball & 2 hacks on Joens). Wont change who advances but at least it will call attention to the poor officiating. That was a brutal way to lose.
What about the intentional elbow to the chops of former Baylor player, Alex Morris?
ISU dodged a bullet on that one.

Reaction Score
That loss (regardless of the officiating) was on the coach. I have seen it too many times in basketball. A team is playing really well all game long and the coach takes all of the team's momentum away by insisting they play "milk the clock" when there's still too much time left in the game and only a one possession lead!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom