#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Yup. And she consistently alters the rhythm of games where she refs. Ticky tack fouls one moment then egregious no calls a minute later. Tonight was part and parcel of what we have to suffer through.
Hope she stays away from Baylor games! Kim would lose her mind and toss some jackets around lol

Reaction Score
I may laugh, but if that were Duke or HPU... there would be broken furniture in my house.
Forever engrained in my mind lol ?
A55A55F5-E74C-490A-9F19-5017C15CD17F.jpeg

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
He pleaded guilty finally to avoid a jury trial once he realized there was no way out and jail time was a possibility. I guess the NCAA will have to start assigning someone to sit near and monitor him during games like Iowa City High School had to start doing and still does with his other daughters.

Reaction Score
I guess the NCAA will have to start assigning someone to sit near and monitor him during games like Iowa City High School had to start doing and still does with his other daughters.
Anger management anyone? The bottom line is this: Iowa State had 10 losses coming in to this game and Texas A&M had 2. There are reasons for both records and bad calls/no calls did not determine those W-L records.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yup. And she consistently alters the rhythm of games where she refs. Ticky tack fouls one moment then egregious no calls a minute later. Tonight was part and parcel of what we have to suffer through.

Watching those sequences was utterly discombubulating. "They called that?" "What does Joens have to do? Get knocked out?" And I've really got no horse in that race. Pac-12 officiating union should contribute to a year of therapy of Joens' dad. Geesh.

On a completely bizarre note, I then watched the late SportsCenter and had the utter irony of Muffet McGraw -- when asked what has stood out to her so far this tournament -- say underclassmen. And then cited Jordan Nixon as her first choice., without mentioning that she once recruited her With a smile. On the other hand, given how Muffet forgot about playing Jordan her frosh year at ND, that might be understandable. :confused:?️?
Well, that was then, this is now. Smile at the moment as a talking head. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funny (not really) how a weight room [workout area] received massive media coverage but the officiating in these two games will draw stone cold silence.

SMH
Voepel did write an article on the Texas A&M game and there's a lot of people talking about it on social media. It's getting coverage. To the level you want, maybe not and I'll agree it should be talked about more. It is being covered though.

Reaction Score
No, their non calls do that.
I get your point and the refereeing in this game definitely took away from the game. At the same time, 17 turnover differential kept Texas A&M in the game. A&M got 26 points off of turnovers. Referee non calls don't give them that many points.

ISU beat them in virtually every category except that one. The game should have been over by the 3rd quarter had it not been due to turnovers. How many times do we hear that if you get the job done during the game, referees won't be an issue. I didn't like a lot of the late calls either, but the stats show how they could have prevented this.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I get your point and the refereeing in this game definitely took away from the game. At the same time, 17 turnover differential kept Texas A&M in the game. A&M got 26 points off of turnovers. Referee non calls don't give them that many points.

ISU beat them in virtually every category except that one. The game should have been over by the 3rd quarter had it not been due to turnovers. How many times do we hear that if you get the job done during the game, referees won't be an issue. I didn't like a lot of the late calls either, but the stats show how they could have prevented this.

Iowa State scored 11 pts. off A&M's turnovers, so there's a +15-pt. margin for A&M. Bingo.
It seemed like Iowa State just kept giving A&M chances to catch up. After awhile, they did.

That said, I watched the IU-Belmont game and Patberg was drawing foul calls by merely rubbing jerseys. Joens was, by comparison, mugged. The discrepancy was jarring.

Reaction Score
This made me chuckle a bit. I’m sure her dad’s hair is still on fire & honestly rightfully so

Attachments

• C1537EB4-62B0-4242-9150-1DF3B33B467D.jpeg
    C1537EB4-62B0-4242-9150-1DF3B33B467D.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 157
Reaction Score
Aggies left for the SEC to escape the Longhorns shadow? As an alumni of Texas A&M, BIG negative. Most ridiculous statement I have ever seen.
NC State and VPI in the SEC sort of made sense to me when the expansion carousel was moving, but I have no idea if that would make sense to them.

Reaction Score
Iowa State scored 11 pts. off A&M's turnovers, so there's a +15-pt. margin for A&M. Bingo.
It seemed like Iowa State just kept giving A&M chances to catch up. After awhile, they did.

That said, I watched the IU-Belmont game and Patberg was drawing foul calls by merely rubbing jerseys. Joens was, by comparison, mugged. The discrepancy was jarring.

Thank you. I get a lot of people are heated, especially after the Troy game but this stat was glaring out at me yesterday when I looked at the box score.

Reaction Score
In a year where there doesn't seem to be an elite team if it isn't Stanford, pretty good teams with big scorers are going to win some games.

I think surviving Iowa State is a pretty good result for TAMU. Just me.

Reaction Score
Voepel did write an article on the Texas A&M game and there's a lot of people talking about it on social media. It's getting coverage. To the level you want, maybe not and I'll agree it should be talked about more. It is being covered though.
I think that Voepel wrote about the officiating issues in the prior monstrosity, not this one. Haven’t seen anything from her on this game. One writer with one “soft speak” article is not much of a clamor in comparison to the media/social media flood re the weights.

Reaction Score
I watched and while it wasn't the best officiating I've seen I don't think the game was handed to A&M. The Aggies took care of business when needed. I think Joens was mugged once but I also think she knocked the ball out of bounds at the end of regulation where it was decided there wasn't enough evidence to overturn (I tend to agree the replay wasn't conclusive but still think she did it based on the spin of the ball).

Troy's coach had a legitimate complaint but Joens father was way over the top. Again, A&M made plays when they had to, took care of the basketball, and had a few more bounces go their way.

Great game by Iowa State. Joens is legit.

Reaction Score
I think that Voepel wrote about the officiating issues in the prior monstrosity, not this one. Haven’t seen anything from her on this game. One writer with one “soft speak” article is not much of a clamor in comparison to the media/social media flood re the weights.
My apologies. I should have been clearer. Thanks for noting this.

Regarding social media, I've seen some media talk about this but yes it hasn't been the same fever pitch that it should be.

For players though, I don't know if they're in a position or are able to make these types of comments. Are there rules about complaining about refs where they could be penalized, similar to professional leagues where fines could be applicable?

Reaction Score
My apologies. I should have been clearer. Thanks for noting this.

Regarding social media, I've seen some media talk about this but yes it hasn't been the same fever pitch that it should be.

For players though, I don't know if they're in a position or are able to make these types of comments. Are there rules about complaining about refs where they could be penalized, similar to professional leagues where fines could be applicable?
Adding onto my previous comment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom