#6 Texas vs #3 UCLA - 3/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
NCAA Tournament Second Round
Hemisfair Region
San Antonio, TX - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
#6 Texas vs. #3 UCLA (Second Round) (NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is a toss up! I wasnt sure who to pick. If Texas uses its size Collier could have a big day because UCLA has no size. However UCLA has played against size all season and has won so the Bruins could get the W. Texas has size and the experience of Vic in the NCAAT.

Tough one to call.

Reaction Score
This is a toss up! I wasnt sure who to pick. If Texas uses its size Collier could have a big day because UCLA has no size. However UCLA has played against size all season and has won so the Bruins could get the W. Texas has size and the experience of Vic in the NCAAT.

Tough one to call.
I agree. This really is an interesting game both from the standpoint of the players involved and, for me, the coaches. Close has a chance to respond to critics about potential unrealized as a coach.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With the chants of Overrated directed at Charli Collier she'll be out to prove everybody wrong. I'm going to go with the upset of Texas over UCLA.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
With the chants of Overrated directed at Charli Collier she'll be out to prove everybody wrong. I'm going to go with the upset of Texas over UCLA.
Well her next win over a better ranked team will be her first so I will bring the popcorn to watch but not betting on it. Then again, Liv proved me wrong last night with her impressive showing against Cardoso.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Reaction Score
Well her next win over a better ranked team will be her first so I will bring the popcorn to watch but not betting on it.
Texas beat Iowa St three times this year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Texas beat Iowa St three times this year.
Back on Jan 23 was the only time Texas played ISU as the #24 ranked team where ISU promptly and rightly disappeared from the national ranking. Collier also had the usually size advantage but today with UCLA's front line, that disappears. So again, I look forward to seeing if CC can do something against a ranked team from the full season, not a brief appearance team (ala WSU, UCF, DePaul and a slew of also rans who conned the voting voting public).

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
At 6:21 in the first quarter, I witnessed a ref call that was definitely in the running for worst call of the year. #21 from UCLA runs over #31 for no particular reason. Off the ball in the open court. Inexplicably called a block. If anyone can make sense of that call please explain.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
At 6:21 in the first quarter, I witnessed a ref call that was definitely in the running for worst call of the year. #21 from UCLA runs over #31 for no particular reason. Off the ball in the open court. Inexplicably called a block. If anyone can make sense of that call please explain.
Wait, Texas A&M wasn't involved? :rolleyes: The after party from that game is gonna be going for a while, not much interest in this one yet.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You are allowed to hit anything remotely orange. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
13-8 Horns thru Q1. I'm just not up to watching this. There are 2 versions of UCLA, looks like the bad one showed up today.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Warren is known to 'take one for the team.'
Hope she is okay.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is Antonelli a paid spokesperson for Synergy? She always has to mention it multiple times a game.

Reaction Score
I’m torn. Do I cheer for a big 12 team or do I cheer for former Baylor player Natalie Chou and UCLA?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fantastic highlight-reel play by Celeste Taylor. Swan-dives for the loose ball and from the floor hits a streaking Lambert for a layup.

Reaction Score
I'm calling it a night on basketball tonight. This doesnt seem like its gonna be a great game. The last game exhausted me. Onyenwere's draft stock is going down with this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom