#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Texas' gaudy 17.4% FG defense in the Tourney is going to not be as good by the end of this game... :rolleyes:
How is it at half time?

Reaction Score
Collier vs Ono. I will take Liv all day long. I really wonder if Collier would have developed differently at Storrs? She is supposed to be the #1 pick in the draft. Interesting.
I really don't understand all of the media hype. She has a pro frame, and that's about it. My gut at this point thinks she will be very ineffective in the W.

Reaction Score
I wonder why Schaefer benched Collier. It’s not like she was the problem.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Impressive to hold MD to 32 but don’t think UT has enough to outscore then.
If we didn't leave Benzan wide open, she doesn't get those two 3-pointers. Seems like Texas started to face guard her more after that.

Texas has to make those bunnies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How is it at half time?
Well Maryland is shooting 40%, that's quite a bit better than previous opponents. They've taken 10, probably won't be enough attempts to make a huge impact on their overall % for the Tourney.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well Maryland is shooting 40%, that's quite a bit better than previous opponents. They've taken 10, probably won't be enough attempts to make a huge impact on their overall % for the Tourney.
You lost me. Were you talking 3-point FG defense? I missed that.

I'm fine with Maryland only making 4 FG's from beyond the arc. Texas has three themselves, I believe.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
I really don't understand all of the media hype. She has a pro frame, and that's about it. My gut at this point thinks she will be very ineffective in the W.
Collier will be the 2nd post player off the bench.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You lost me. Were you talking 3-point FG defense? I missed that.

I'm fine with Maryland only making 4 FG's from beyond the arc. Texas has three themselves, I believe.
Yes. I said defense in my original post.

edit--Texas is 4-9, so it's a wash

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I always feel bad for Warren when I see her play...seems like she either gets tough calls against her or gets physically beat up from taking charges/setting picks/etc.

Reaction Score
Shocked I am that 2 SEC fans want Vic to give Maryland a good game as Maryland looks infinitely better in this Tournament than SC.
Oh My God Reaction GIF
SC is also familiar with how Vic runs things. Holding them to 35 at the half is a score SC could handle. If they scored 90 we don’t have a chance.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
I always feel bad for Warren when I see her play...seems like she either gets tough calls against her or gets physically beat up from taking charges/setting picks/etc.
Warren, as much as she goes to the floor, need to wear a helmet.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Show you what a little defense does to a team that wants to run up and down the court. Looks like we UConn fans can cancel our Depends order thinking about Maryland. Looking now at all of these teams I ain't afraid of a single one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom