6-2 baybee! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

6-2 baybee!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They announced 6,600?

Crowd was bigger than it was for Stony Brook and that’s almost the exact same number.

I think the official number was 6,580. But in typical '97 fashion, I rounded up...

Reaction Score
6-2 looks a hell of a lot better than last year's 4-4 start with both Gilbert and Larrier out for the year. Injuries are still an issue now but hopefully not for the long term.

Shooting and perimeter defense remains a problem.

We went to OT with two mid majors instead of losing so let’s throw a bleeping parade.

Reaction Score
This narrative is so tired. The only posters on here who root for UConn to lose are the Cincy and Cuse fans. Nobody who spends hours on here a day wants UConn to lose, no matter how frustrated they are with our current situation
Great to hear!! Go Blue!!

Reaction Score
I had a blast. Had a blast at Columbia game too. Both small crowds, but both rocking and rooting these good kids on to victory.

I really feel sorry for many on this board. You should be able to separate what you think our perceived strengths are and where we fall short , with actually attending games and supporting your team and watching college basketball. OT games are stressful but fun when you're on the winning side. Watching theses kids dig deep and pull out of last minute deficits is a ton of fun to watch. I don't care what name is on the other Jersey. It's exciting basketball.

It's fine to talk x's and o,s and coaching and question and criticize. But you can do that and still support the team and help these kids win.

And the ultimate irony is these same people bemoaning us not blowing out mid majors are many of the ones who crucify the women's sport and call it boring because it's not competitive . Too many blowouts.

Sad people.

Both the men's team and the women's team should be blowing people out. That would be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Tough win, but 6-2 is better than 5-3. KO seems to have regained a little fire. Nice to see.
I guess I an jaded and miss the good ole teams from 99-14. You know the teams that were competitive. Two overtime games back to back against teams that UCONN should have no trouble playing... Maybe it is the success of the women's program that makes it difficult to want to tolerate the men's sad excuse for wins. Ollie needs to do something and do it soon.... This is just sad.

Reaction Score
This narrative is so tired. The only posters on here who root for UConn to lose are the Cincy and Cuse fans. Nobody who spends hours on here a day wants UConn to lose, no matter how frustrated they are with our current situation

I swear some of these people treat Ollie and the program like that one crazy ex that drove you mental but was great in bed. It's always a "yeah, but".

Never mind the fact that what you said is 100% true, or that recent frustration is a result of the last 3+ years, I'm not sure how anyone could be satisfied by what we've seen these last few games. These types of games are scheduled to be comfortable, confidence boosting, rotation testing games. You're not supposed to have to play your starters 40+ minutes in an OT nailbiter, and then do the same thing again 3 days later.

Reaction Score
I guess I an jaded and miss the good ole teams from 99-14. You know the teams that were competitive. Two overtime games back to back against teams that UCONN should have no trouble playing... Maybe it is the success of the women's program that makes it difficult to want to tolerate the men's sad excuse for wins. Ollie needs to do something and do it soon.... This is just sad.

Feels odd to be the "Suzie Sunshine" in this equation. There are some players on the team that I really enjoy watching, and collectively there is a lot of talent. I liked what I saw in Ollie's brief post game interview. He was happy to get a W, but not happy about how it happened. Perhaps he has turned the corner a little. I would love to be proven wrong about the future of the program under KO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom