• Irwin (Jr)

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Bent (Jr)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I see Batouly being a starter, at least at the beginning of the season. Anyone thinking this year's performance was what Camara is capable of didn't see her her freshman year. She's not great by UConn standards, but she's a quality experienced basketball player.

Reaction Score
I voted Batouly. I think her size and experience win out. But who starts won’t be as important as the contributions/improvement of Walker, ONO, Williams and, maybe, Coombs.
I voted for Batouly as well. Based upon very little. She does have a year of practicing with the team, and now a year of sitting on the bench. So there is reason to believe she " knows the system." Her year was destroyed due to the lingering injury, and the prominence of the six players ( actually 7 ) ahead of her. I am hoping that she will be a strong force in the paint. She showed a spec of that in her play.

But she played almost not at all, and certainly not against a top flight player in a big game, so we really have no clue. Only hope. Hence my vote.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I voted for Batouly as well. Based upon very little. She does have a year of practicing with the team, and now a year of sitting on the bench. So there is reason to believe she " knows the system." Her year was destroyed due to the lingering injury, and the prominence of the six players ( actually 7 ) ahead of her. I am hoping that she will be a strong force in the paint. She showed a spec of that in her play.

But she played almost not at all, and certainly not against a top flight player in a big game, so we really have no clue. Only hope. Hence my vote.
As a freshman at Kentucky, Batouly had (in order of games played):
4 points, 3 rebounds, 4 TO's in 20 minutes vs Duke
7 points, 10 rebounds (4 offensive), with only 1 foul :) in 21 minutes vs South Carolina (game 1)
8 points, 9 rebounds (4 offensive), 2 blocks, 4 fouls in 25 minutes vs Tennessee. She was a starter that game.
14 points, 9 rebounds (5 offensive), 2 assists, 2 blocks, 5 fouls in 25 minutes vs South Carolina (game 2). She started this game, too
8 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 TO's in 15 minutes vs South Carolina (game 3). Starter.

She has experience playing good teams so she won't be psyched out, at least.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not only did I vote for Batouly, but I HOPE she's the 5th starter. Why? Because that means not only does she "get" it, but also that she practices well, and is productive when she practices. I realize that starting anyone not named ONO makes us "small", but I'd rather see ONO come off the bench in that I'd rather see her talent come off the bench with Camara having the talent to start.

Given that Stevens surprised everyone at UCONN with her decision, we are thin and small in the post. I'd love to see a big jump by Camara, and even Irwin - having Irwin and ONO as legit backups would be great. While rooting big time for Kyla, I don't know that she has the potential to be a core player. Nothing wrong with that - Geno recruits kids he expects to be starters, and kids he expects to be role players.

I'd LOVE to see this as our core rotation (legit, not just against cupcakes):

Crystal, Megan, Lou, Pheesa, Batouly starters
ONO, Christyn, Mikayla as core 3 off the bench (Mikayla as the 1 backup, Christyn as the 2/3 backup, and ONO as the 4/5 backup)
Kyla, Molly, Lexi as the reserves

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1 - CD
2 - KLS
3 - MW
4 - Pheesa
5 - ONO

I think there is more to ONO than meets the eye and there is already an eyeful of talent.
CW will provide instant offense and energy as 6th man playing 2 or 3.
I'm thinking Touly and Irwin provide depth in the front court while MC makes a significant jump in playing time plays consistent minutes.

This team will be deeper and more fun to watch than any in a while.

Reaction Score
I think ONO will really struggle with being pushed around. Say what you want about Pheesa being outmatched in strength but she buries everyone under the rim on offense...that included A’ja Wilson the last 2 years. She works extremely hard on defense & isn’t as much of a liability as everyone is saying. That being said, we can’t have her get into foul trouble, which is what worries me. Hopefully both Pheesa & ONO hit the weight room hard this summer! We need them to get stronger. ONO much more-so. For these reasons, I see BC as the starting 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom