#5 South Carolina @ Alabama - 1/04/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#5 South Carolina @ Alabama - 1/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
With her post moves, excellent footwork, and IQ, Boston could be the next Lauren Jackson if she ever gets a consistent 3 point shot.

Reaction Score
I feel bad every time I think this, but it still bothers me.
She is also the
Is it just me or were layups just not an issue for us last year? We are missing so many point blank layups and it's nauseating. How can you regress as a team so sharply in one area like that? Is that a conditioning/strength thing?
Its mainly LA with the missed put backs to be honest..

Reaction Score
While I have been suspect of this teams shooting, they do know how to win and were in control of this game where I was never worried or thinking they would or could lose.
When they are shooting and executing their offense, they are very impressive and clearly a strong final four contender.
To me, they are still much better than Kentucky and anyone else in the SEC albeit not by as much as last year.
I think Dawn plays our game in February as a logical assessment for her team to review where they are and what to change/tweak like Geno does. She knows the sluggish/sloppy SEC conference play is different than the elite NCAAT play.
I will review but from my memory only SC and MSU have made noise in the NCAAT over the past 6-8 years, if that’s not a sign of the leagues demise, I don’t know what is...

Let's look at the past 11 seasons, with 10 NCAA Tournaments (going back to the 2010 NCAAT):

USC and MSU are the only teams in the SEC to reach at least the Final Four over the past 8 years. They've done all that in just the last 5 NCAAT's to be accurate. They accumulated one title, 2 finalists, and 1 other FF appearance in that time. So 4 appearances as far as the Final Four.

The AAC was just a one-team show, and that team is no longer with them.

The ACC has 7 appearances going back to the 2014 NCAAT, or last 6 NCAATs - Notre Dame has 4 and 1 each for UL, Syracuse, and Maryland who then left for the B10.

The B10 has one Final Four appearance from Maryland in 2015, and that's it.

The B12 has 5 appearances, with Baylor having 3 of those, Texas A&M having 1 (they left for the SEC), and Oklahoma reaching the Final Four in 2010. So for quite a while, it's just been the Baylor Show.

The Big East was essentially a 2-team show until those 2 teams left them, then they disappeared. Their last big noise was in the 2013 NCAAT, with CT beating UL in a cameo appearance, and ND reaching the Final Four. They have one of those 3 teams back, so they could be the next AAC?

The Pac12 has the most appearances with teams that are still conference members, with 9 appearances since the 2010 NCAAT. 8 of them are Final Four appearances, with Stanford claiming 4 of those, plus Oregon, Oregon St., Washington, and California making single appearances. Stanford also has the 9th appearance, a 2010 runner-up to CT. Not too sure if Oregon St. or post-Plum Washington is expected back any time soon - am a bit more sure regarding Cali - so until then it looks like a Stanford-Oregon show for the foreseeable future.

We could take it a step further, and look at Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen appearances for the conferences. But I would hesitate in calling the SEC in decline at the moment - 5-6 years ago the perspective would have made more sense, but less now. Beginning with the 2015 NCAAT, the SEC has 4 appearances in the Final Four, the Pac12 also has 4 (they are all FF appearances, compared to one title and 2 runners-up for SEC), the AAC had 5 appearances from one single team, and the ACC has had 5 appearances, with a title, THREE runners-up, and a FF.

It looks right now the ACC has been the top conference over the last 5-6 seasons, but the SEC is not far behind, and if anything their recent successes indicate a league on the rise, not in decline.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom