Reaction Score
4th - 4:44
SC 66
AL 54

OMG, Lele just took a shot from the arc. :p

Reaction Score
6BC90A16-A9D7-4CDD-A0CF-840BF1BC39D1.jpeg

Reaction Score
Bama fared better than I expected. Might actually be top 30.

Reaction Score
Left a good bit of points at the charity stripe tonight, and didn't shoot very well overall, but got the win and escape...

Reaction Score
Left a good bit of points at the charity stripe tonight, and didn't shoot very well overall, but got the win and escape...
We had a lot of turnovers as well. However our board work gave us a comfortable victory. The game last year when we played them was much more competitive.

Reaction Score
Saxton had atleast 12 rebounds I counted. Apparently they didn’t count some of the ones she got and got the shot blocked or fouled on the put back attempts. Honestly it was a meh game overall. We should’ve been able to stop Lewis from driving since that’s what she’s been doing since her freshman year. Aliyah needed to get some low post touches as well instead of being at the high post a lot. We need to hit our layups and free throws to be an Elite team and I think we will eventually. With Cooke on the perimeter and Henderson handling the ball I feel good about most games but we really need to start hitting point blank layups and stop back ironing free throws..... those two things are really frustrating and are glaring weaknesses.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Is it just me or were layups just not an issue for us last year? We are missing so many point blank layups and it's nauseating. How can you regress as a team so sharply in one area like that? Is that a conditioning/strength thing?

Reaction Score
Is it just me or were layups just not an issue for us last year? We are missing so many point blank layups and it's nauseating. How can you regress as a team so sharply in one area like that? Is that a conditioning/strength thing?
No, but we also were a lot more dangerous from outside and there was much more room in the post as a result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Harder for them to make layups in congested spaces this year. Boston, Saxton and Amihere each had atleast 3 players around them all night. I also think the inside-out offense is a little stale when being guarded by a zone like that. Get Henderson and Cooke more shots in flow then pound inside IMO.

Reaction Score
No, but we also were a lot more dangerous from outside and there was much more room in the post as a result.
I still think Carolina can be elite, and I trust Dawn at the helm, but it’s become increasingly apparent that SC lost more from last year than we knew. The leadership, yes, but the shooting and spacing have shown themselves as major losses.

Strange as it seems given how good they were last year, I think this version of SC is a year away. With this sophomore cast as veteran juniors and a deep bench of incoming talent, I see SC as among the favorites next year. This team absolutely still has title ability, but my gut just says ‘22 or ‘23.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to remember not to judge this team based on how they were playing the second half of last year. Hopefully playing regularly now brings a lot of improvement, as Dawn’s teams tend to do. But they’ll need to play much better with @UK awaiting Sunday, not to mention UGA next will possibly be a tough opponent as well.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to remember not to judge this team based on how they were playing the second half of last year. Hopefully playing regularly now brings a lot of improvement, as Dawn’s teams tend to do. But they’ll need to play much better with @UK awaiting Sunday, not to mention UGA next will possibly be a tough opponent as well.
Yeah, Kentucky could be a tough out for us. The Wildcats are much improved from last year (where they were still quite solid) with a better crew around Howard.

Speaking of Howard—my goodness. What a talent she is. For the first three quarters, it felt like Rickea Jackson outplayed her—and then Howard took over, seemingly effortlessly. I don’t see how Howard isn’t the #1 draft pick when it’s her time, whether this year or next.

Reaction Score
Reportedly, Coach Elzy said Howard will return for her senior season. We’ll see if Rhyne changes her mind come April.

Reaction Score

I don't think they are great but very physical team that will make you pay at times. Definitely will give many teams a head ache if you don't come to play. They seem to have a lot more depth this year.

Reaction Score
Reportedly, Coach Elzy said Howard will return for her senior season. We’ll see if Rhyne changes her mind come April.
She only has the option if she graduates. She doesn’t qualify age-wise.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I don't think they are great but very physical team that will make you pay at times. Definitely will give many teams a head ache if you don't come to play. They seem to have a lot more depth this year.

They play physical I agree, but they can't score. They could've beaten MSU, but they can't score like we can. Everything else felt kind of equal.

On that note, they might match Kentucky in turnovers and free throws and rebounds, but the difference is Kentucky dials up points that Georgia just eventually lose the ability to match, and the game is over if Howard goes on one of those crazy runs like she did at the end of the Mississippi State game.

I expect them to give SC or Kentucky a real test - if the main SC or Kentucky offensive players is cold or has an off night, they could even win!

Reaction Score
They play physical I agree, but they can't score. They could've beaten MSU, but they can't score like we can. Everything else felt kind of equal.

On that note, they might match Kentucky in turnovers and free throws and rebounds, but the difference is Kentucky dials up points that Georgia just eventually lose the ability to match, and the game is over if Howard goes on one of those crazy runs like she did at the end of the Mississippi State game.

I expect them to give SC or Kentucky a real test - if the main SC or Kentucky offensive players is cold or has an off night, they could even win!

It would take a pretty bad night.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Catchings has come along a lot in her speaking. Good for her.
When I first heard her on a broadcast I wondered how she was allowed to be an analyst. I thought she was given the job because she was a former great player who knew a lot about the game. She sounded as if she had food in her mouth when she talked. However, I later learned she had a speech impediment and that changed my whole way of thinking. It no longer bothers me to listen to her, in fact I enjoy it. She has come along a lot.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While I have been suspect of this teams shooting, they do know how to win and were in control of this game where I was never worried or thinking they would or could lose.
When they are shooting and executing their offense, they are very impressive and clearly a strong final four contender.
To me, they are still much better than Kentucky and anyone else in the SEC albeit not by as much as last year.
I think Dawn plays our game in February as a logical assessment for her team to review where they are and what to change/tweak like Geno does. She knows the sluggish/sloppy SEC conference play is different than the elite NCAAT play.
I will review but from my memory only SC and MSU have made noise in the NCAAT over the past 6-8 years, if that’s not a sign of the leagues demise, I don’t know what is...

Reaction Score
When I first heard her on a broadcast I wondered how she was allowed to be an analyst. I thought she was given the job because she was a former great player who knew a lot about the game. She sounded as if she had food in her mouth when she talked. However, I later learned she had a speech impediment and that changed my whole way of thinking. It no longer bothers me to listen to her, in fact I enjoy it. She has come along a lot.

I feel bad every time I think this, but it still bothers me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom