4th Best Team in New England | The Boneyard

4th Best Team in New England

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Just watched Providence advance to the Big East, and it hit me that we are the 4th best team in New England. We have been fortunate to have been king of the mountain for a loooong time, but the fall has been fast and steep. I don’t want to hear about injuries, league, blah blah blah. Our brand is so tarnished right now. The only solution is change. Some say that we can’t afford a $10M buyout, but not making a change will cost us many times that amount.

Reaction Score
You can do the work. Look at those that think KO can turn this thing around. Not a chance.
You made the claim, dummy. Defend it or be ridiculed

By the way, those who believe "turn this thing around" is warranted, are not accepting of anything. But go ahead and find those people anyway

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's right. No reason to ridicule him. Many are accepting this irrelevancy and are hoping for it to continue.
Name them. Link the posts that indicate that the poster is accepting of the state of the program. If there are "many", it shouldn't be that hard.

We have our "Ollue" genius... who else?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Nelson on Fairfield would light us up for 35 - we wouldn’t match well with them.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
UHart and Fairfield would have at least taken us to OT.

Sim says Hawks collapse late and Anderson hits the game winning free throw. Note how the game ends in the play-by-play above the final score...

IMG_0255.PNG

Reaction Score
Not pathetic, pissed. What’s pathetic is how some accept how irrelevant that we have become.

No one accepts it just some don’t need to be a broken record about it. I mean it’s stupid as hell to think people want more of this , maybe some of the most ridiculous comments on this thread.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Acceptance and endorsement aren't the same thing. Sometimes when people make this mistake, they get all upset that others aren't bothered like they are about something they don't like or think shouldn't be so. Others accept the reality of a situation and stay serene in the face of what they dislike and do their best to affect things as best they can.

Reaction Score
Acceptance and endorsement aren't the same thing. Sometimes when people make this mistake, they get all upset that others aren't bothered like they are about something they don't like or think shouldn't be so. Others accept the reality of a situation and stay serene in the face of what they dislike and do their best to affect things as best they can.
BUT EVERYONE SHOULD BE AS SAD AS ME.

Reaction Score
He's right. No reason to ridicule him. Many are accepting this irrelevancy and are hoping for it to continue.
No UConn fans are hoping for irrelevancy to continue. Why would anyone who was a UConn fan want that? If by "many" you mean Syracuse and Providence fans then I'm sure many of them would love for us to continue to struggle.

Reaction Score
Hans, I truly appreciate your posts. Not meaning to get all mushy on you.

Reaction Score
No one accepts it just some don’t need to be a broken record about it. I mean it’s stupid as hell to think people want more of this , maybe some of the most ridiculous comments on this thread.

There are people who still want Ollie back next year even though it's clear that he can't get it done. That is accepting being irrelevant. This isn't complicated.

Reaction Score
Name them. Link the posts that indicate that the poster is accepting of the state of the program. If there are "many", it shouldn't be that hard.

We have our "Ollue" genius... who else?

Willie99, Kathy, Tuna, Madmansucks, Whtdmd to name a few.

Despite their desire to have KO back next season, I believe a change will be made and the road to recovery will begin next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are people who still want Ollie back next year even though it's clear that he can't get it done. That is accepting being irrelevant. This isn't complicated.

What's not complicated is that you are one of the broken record people bass. Leave it be, let it happen.

But please remember you will be gone if they keep KO.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom