4th Best Team in New England | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4th Best Team in New England

Reaction Score
What's not complicated is that you are one of the broken record people bass. Leave it be, let it happen.

But please remember you will be gone if they keep KO.;)

Agreed, I will have no interest whatsoever in the team if this is allowed to continue next year. That said, I am optimistic that a change will be made and better days are ahead.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I will have no interest whatsoever in the team if this is allowed to continue next year. That said, I am optimistic that a change will be made and better days are ahead.

Are you a UConn fan or just an Ollie hater? This to me makes no sense although it does help me understand the year long agenda you supported.:eek:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Willie99, Kathy, Tuna, Madmansucks, Whtdmd to name a few.

Despite their desire to have KO back next season, I believe a change will be made and the road to recovery will begin next season.
And if we go 10-22 with anew Coach next season?

Reaction Score
Are you a UConn fan or just an Ollie hater? This to me makes no sense although it does help me understand the year long agenda you supported.:eek:
I am absolutely a UConn fan. But I have no desire whatsoever to watch this awful, low basketball IQ basketball any longer. When a team of UConn's stature is in the bottom 10 nationwide in assists, that isn't team oriented basketball and isn't something I want to watch or support any longer. And I certainly don't hate Kevin Ollie. In fact, I like him. I just realize that he is a really bad head coach and that he has dug a hole he won't be able to dig out of.

Reaction Score

If the team plays hard and smart and simply don't have enough talent, I would consider that a necessary step to getting better in the future.

Reaction Score
I am absolutely a UConn fan. But I have no desire whatsoever to watch this awful, low basketball IQ basketball any longer. When a team of UConn's stature is in the bottom 10 nationwide in assists, that isn't team oriented basketball and isn't something I want to watch or support any longer. And I certainly don't hate Kevin Ollie. In fact, I like him. I just realize that he is a really bad head coach and that he has dug a hole he won't be able to dig out of.

It's still UConn with the kids get on the floor, same uni's and same university they are repping. I think he'd done a dreadful job too, change is needed but if they don't have the dollars to do so I then change my hope he's learned, he can motivate and the kids get better and smarter. The assists are awful but part of that is they can't shoot and the interior kids weren't ready to complete a play. It's not all on the "offense" as everyone would like to think it's on him not getting better and smarter players. But they are still UConn, same Gampel site and same team who went from the Yankee Conference to the BE to the AAC. Same school he won a NC with, so there is always hope if it has to be that way. To not hope and instead automatically assume is just strange to me.

Reaction Score
It's still UConn with the kids get on the floor, same uni's and same university they are repping. I think he'd done a dreadful job too, change is needed but if they don't have the dollars to do so I then change my hope he's learned, he can motivate and the kids get better and smarter. The assists are awful but part of that is they can't shoot and the interior kids weren't ready to complete a play. It's not all on the "offense" as everyone would like to think it's on him not getting better and smarter players. But they are still UConn, same Gampel site and same team who went from the Yankee Conference to the BE to the AAC. Same school he won a NC with, so there is always hope if it has to be that way. To not hope and instead automatically assume is just strange to me.

I understand where you are coming from. I really do. I just don't see anything to base "hope" on with this coaching staff.

I root like crazy for every one of the kids. They deserve better coaching and development in my opinion. I truly hope that they receive it next year.

Reaction Score
Let me clear this up since you Ollie folks keep harping on it. New coach gets a one year pass. It will probably be ugly. We all know that. In the second year we need to see progress. Better recruiting and better performance on the floor relative to the first year. Absolute numbers are not as important as relative numbers and the trend. If year two is as bad as year one, onto the hot seat he goes. If year three is also bad with no progress, out he goes. If we see progress in years 2 and 3 but we still aren't knocking on the door of the tournament, onto the hot seat he goes. We need to be a tournament team by year 4, period. The analysis will be a combination of absolute performance and the trend.

Reaction Score
The eye test is a better measuring stick.
An Ollie disciple executing the eye test:

image.jpg

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Let me clear this up since you Ollie folks keep harping on it. New coach gets a one year pass. It will probably be ugly. We all know that. In the second year we need to see progress. Better recruiting and better performance on the floor relative to the first year. Absolute numbers are not as important as relative numbers and the trend. If year two is as bad as year one, onto the hot seat he goes. If year three is also bad with no progress, out he goes. If we see progress in years 2 and 3 but we still aren't knocking on the door of the tournament, onto the hot seat he goes. We need to be a tournament team by year 4, period. The analysis will be a combination of absolute performance and the trend.
Exactly. One thing people seem to forget, even before these last two losing seasons there were some worrying signs in the previous couple years— a tendency to always come out flat, fall behind and play catch up comes to mind. Once the recruiting and player development issues began to crop up more and more, it became much harder to overcome that tendency.

This was just an example, but the point is we are on a downward trend with no real reason to believe the current staff can turn things around.

A new coach will obviously need time to implement his philosophy and recruit players, which is why he gets a grace period— that doesn’t mean the grace period will be infinite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom