#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She said she used to be a UConn fan. Not surprising, as kids tend to be a fan of whoever is winning. Then as she got older, her perspective changed.

I rooted for the Lakers early in the Kobe-Shaq days but eventually grew to hate them. It wasn't because Phil Jackson didn't want me on the team!
Yea, something changed her (your) perspective.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Both Sabrina and Destiny played UCONN. I wouldn't exactly say "it worked out nicely" for either.

Sabrina gets another crack at it this year. They may not win, but I can just about guarantee it will be closer than the game 3 years ago.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...Pretty odd. Doesn't strike me as a particularly healthy mental attitude. There's probably a good reason UConn hasn't shown any interest in this kid.

Not so odd. You can be fairly sure that other coaches use a (thinly vailed) anti-UConn mantra along these lines. I’ve heard such verbiage used in major college football recruiting for 25+ years.

Reaction Score

Sayonara, Saniya. We'll cry a river over you.

HGN

Reaction Score
To be honest , Uconn is not alone , once she commits to any one particular program she is going to want to be beat EVERY other program in the country. Uconn included.

Reaction Score
Since the UConn women have averaged over 35 games a year for some time this puts her in good company.
She will be in the pool of over 400 others that want to beat UConn every year! ;)

Reaction Score
She sounds like a real "winner" why are we even wasting our time on someone who doesn't want to be here. Let her sign elsewhere and lose.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yet Orange Long Armed Slow Moving Tree dweller it is an odd remark to throw out there. So, you may have to put me in the wild speculator group of 2. Might be a spurned lover. Or it might be a kid who can count and she sees a lot of talent in front of her at UConn. But my guess is with:

The most shocking response in this thread........ RockyMtBlue posting a video by Tank :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Preferences change as one gets older. Or else I would still be watching Seasame Street every day.
I see you are finally agreeing with me.

Reaction Score
You burn bridges after you cross them, not before. She's young. She'll learn. Maybe too late.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As you already know I'm kind of a defensive bigot. I like Miles, but Rivers has a set of defensive tools that if placed in the hands of a master craftsman could be Moriah Jefferson (NDPOY) special. There is only one established craftsman/woman in the southern US. Grasshopper might have to venture north to fulfill her true destiny.
What are you saying??? Once a player denounces their love of UConn ALL UConn posters are to immediately highlight to extreme the aforementioned players deficiencies and lack of desire to truly reach their maximum potential. I am officially reporting you to Nan! :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The most shocking response in this thread... RockyMtBlue posting a video by Tank :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well, we can't make her loves us and Tank sung the heck out of that song. Surely there is something more shocking in this thread? (Yeah, I get it, but don't want to admit it triad! ;) Though I gotta admit to not having found it yet.

Reaction Score
From ESPNW:

"As for college, Rivers wants to choose a school by next summer. She seems open to just about any top program -- except for the 11-time national champions.

"I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn.""

Looks like Geno and CD have their work cut out for them if they want her. At least she's not a big. I think I remember hearing here on the BY that we need bigs. :)

I'd bet dollars to donuts she probably dislikes the Patriots, the warriors and the Yankees. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom