#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn... | The Boneyard

#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From ESPNW:

"As for college, Rivers wants to choose a school by next summer. She seems open to just about any top program -- except for the 11-time national champions.

"I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn.""

Looks like Geno and CD have their work cut out for them if they want her. At least she's not a big. I think I remember hearing here on the BY that we need bigs. :)

JS

Reaction Score
A little odd, but everyone needs a goal.

Reaction Score
From ESPNW:

"As for college, Rivers wants to choose a school by next summer. She seems open to just about any top program -- except for the 11-time national champions.

"I used to be a UConn fan," said Rivers, who lists biology as her favorite class. "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn.""

Looks like Geno and CD have their work cut out for them if they want her. At least she's not a big. I think I remember hearing here on the BY that we need bigs. :)

Hmmmm. By her comments, I would bet she has be rebuffed by UConn and not received a scholarship offer or shown any interest. Sounds like sour grapes to me,

Reaction Score
If I remember, Destiny Slocum was a little like that too, though her explanation was she wanted to make a name for herself and lead a program to new heights, not beat UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For the record Saniya Rivers has received tremendous BY love from me personally and a few other posters for two years steady now. There was one posters who joined up specifically to ask if UCONN was recruiting Saniya. This happens every year where tremendously talented kids ( even a few from NJ :D ) don't get offered or evaluated by UCONN. She has great potential and I'm not mad at her for wanting to beat UCONN. I wish her well!

Reaction Score
Beat UConn when? League play? Preseason? OOC? Or NC time? There are only a few schools that fit the bill when it's important. Someone has sold this kid some magic beans. Lol.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From ESPNW:

Somebody who can beat UCONN. Hmmm, that's gonna limit her to just a couple top programs.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm confident Geno sees this as nothing but a compliment, and I bet he relishes the challenge a few years down the road. And I'm guessing Bueckers will be happy to lead the "come at me" squad starting in 2020. I think this kind of competitiveness is nothing but healthy for WCBB as long as everyone keeps it on the court.

Reaction Score
Olivia Cochran also stated in an interview with 3 of her AU teammates she was not interested in UConn. I will have to find it because it was on Instagram and the video disappeared. The guy asked them a specific question about what if they were to get a UConn offer. She made some statement about Connecticut and sitting on the bench. I don't want to misquote her.

Reaction Score
Rivers IMO is the second best player in the class next to Fudd. She has incredibly long arms as the article stated and is extremely athletic. Wilmington isn’t far from Columbia so I expect Dawn to be a frequent visitor. I’m excited to see the new heights her game takes these next few years. She remind me of a young female Kevin Durant.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. By her comments, I would bet she has be rebuffed by UConn and not received a scholarship offer or shown any interest. Sounds like sour grapes to me,

There always has to be one, I guess.

Easier to make up a story than believe that some people don't want to play for UConn.

It comes with the territory of being top dogs. They're either dying to play for you or dying to beat you. As we found out from Paige, Ania, Nika, and Evina, there are still plenty in the "dying to play for you" category.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Olivia Cochran also stated in an interview with 3 of her AU teammates she was not interested in UConn. I will have to find it because it was on Instagram and the video disappeared. The guy asked them a specific question about what if they were to get a UConn offer. She made some statement about Connecticut and sitting on the bench. I don't want to misquote her.
You known, I know, ALL of our knowledgeable posters & certainly @SCspur knows that Olivia Cochran is not going to be sitting on nobody's bench and that includes UCONN !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom