#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

#4 prospect 2021 interested in any top school but UConn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whoever doesn't love UConn well God Bless them!!! there are many reasons one may not like UConn or any other school.... good luck to them all and of course good luck to us when we play them....

Reaction Score
Good luck at your future choices...…..UCONN is not for every player......Playing on National TV, playing in packed houses every night and having to prove yourself everyday in practice is noy for every player...……..

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Very old...to the point where she’s being recruited by UConn now and she has interest in UConn if I’m not mistaken
Yeah I'm not sure what the purpose was to reviving this stale thread.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Well, this kept me busy for 3 minutes of my COVID isolation. Looking to see why this was resurrected and still don't know. She would be a good get, but my last 2 from 2021 are Azzi and Kiki

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I’m feeling like Kiki will join the farm fam.
Here's hoping you're right. And nice play on words!

As for this thread resurrection, totally unclear, but yeah, we're really grasping at conversational straws, so if there's a bit of regurgitation, so be it.

Reaction Score
Zero for 3, unless you want to say UConn's final four streak ended this year. Personally I think we should wave off adding to postseason denominators this year since there wasn't one.
To me it has. I never liked asterisks.

Reaction Score
This is old, did some BYrs just wake up from hibernation?
Look, it may be an old topic, but it's almost recruiting time again, so we look for 'anything' (especially with this huge loss of March Madness)! Besides.......you wouldn't deny a BY'er a little enjoyment, especially since wanting to beat us is a superb compliment :) . She obviously has no intention of playing in the WNBA! :rolleyes: :D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Guys it comes down to this. It very well could be she sees the writing on the way. She a top 4 player and with CW infront o
f her and Paige she may realize she wont start at UConn and if Fudd comes which is a very very good possibility then do you think she wants to come off the bench when she could play for any other team in the country and start and have a very good chance of being an AA? A kid that good doesnt want to come off the bench for 3-4 years and give up what she couldve had.

It makes you realize how good UConn is gonna be when a top 4 kid cant start?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Guys it comes down to this. It very well could be she sees the writing on the way. She a top 4 player and with CW infront of her and Paige she may realize she wont start at UConn and if Fudd comes which is a very very good possibility then do you think she wants to come off the bench when she could play for any other team in the country and start and have a very good chance of being an AA? A kid that good doesn't want to come off the bench for 3-4 years and give up what she couldve had.
It makes you realize how good UConn is gonna be when a top 4 kid cant start?
I'm not so sure about that @Tonyc. The only potential recruit I see that would keep Rivers from starting at UCONN as a sophomore is Azzi. Rivers is the best on ball defender to come along in about 6 HS classes, & is freakishly athletic. She is a perimeter defensive game changer in the mold of Faris, Jefferson and Nurse with better offensive tools (length, foot speed, ball handling, deep shooting & passing). She is also 6'1 and capable of playing 1-3. If we know UCONN is getting Azzi then I would agree with you. Until that happens UCONN needs to be in on Rivers big time IMO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I seem to recall a story that one of our prior recruits felt that way ( " I want to beat them, not join them) but changed their mind when visiting. Can an encyclopedic BY'r fill in the gap in my memory? :oops:

Reaction Score
I mean, is there any doubt, just based on this, that she is going to go to South Carolina?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I seem to recall a story that one of our prior recruits felt that way ( " I want to beat them, not join them) but changed their mind when visiting. Can an encyclopedic BY'r fill in the gap in my memory? :oops:
That was Christyn Williams before UCONN started recruiting her heavily. Copied from the now closed January recruiting Thread: @Alydar: I wouldn't be too concerned. I recently read C Williams quoted that she started out her college search in the same "beat UConn" frame of mind.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I mean, is there any doubt, just based on this, that she is going to go to South Carolina?
Based on what?
UCONN was still in her mix as of December 9th 2019.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't think this Rivers highlight video has been posted before. Peep the Rivers explosion on the offensive rebound at the 1:04 mark of the video. This should erase all doubt about her ability to start at UCONN.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. By her comments, I would bet she has be rebuffed by UConn and not received a scholarship offer or shown any interest. Sounds like sour grapes to me,
Unless she picks a school on UConn’s schedule, the tournament draw has to fall just so for to ever play against UConn. But it’s an okay attitude.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. By her comments, I would bet she has be rebuffed by UConn and not received a scholarship offer or shown any interest. Sounds like sour grapes to me,
If that makes you feel better, so be it. I will bet good money Geno offered her. The No.4 prospect and no offer...get real. She would have been wise not to say anything....but then again...you would have been also.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can someone again explain why posters think Fudd is going to commit to Uconn besides being friends with Paige?
Because UCONN has the best dairy barn and ice cream in the world -Azzi loves ice cream!

1585321324994.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99