30 Days rumor gaining steam | Page 3 | The Boneyard

30 Days rumor gaining steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
HFD is about as passionate a UCONN fan as you can get. The guy has a lot of good ideas to try to advance UCONN and he was always incredibly tapped into recruiting info. Unfortunately for him, he's not taken too seriously on account of the drinking and some of the subsequent (and epic) meltdown rants. There were many here who grew tired of him constantly calling out the UCONN fanbase and administration before his eventual BY departure.

I liked HFD as much as anyone and was likely more tolerant than most of his rants.

Yes he does have as much passion as the most passionate of any of us and yes, he did have a lot of ideas. With the volume of ideas he threw out of course some had to be good just by the law of averages.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
His posts were epically long, bordering on delirium with an ounce of truth to them.

lol best description yet.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You are 100% right about that...Hofstra hired him because they thought he would help them get into the A-10...they should have called Storrs first because that has backfired on them BIG time!!!
How so?

Reaction Score
How so?
It has been in the Post a few times during basketball season...one of the reasons Hofstra hired Hathaway was they thought his connections from his days at UCONN would get them the inside track to landing a spot in the A-10. They are still in the Colonial...and look to be there for a while. The one thing they have going for them is they (unfortunately I think) gave up football....although they played FCS so that may have been more his speed. His sitting on his a** and telling everyone UCONN was the next team into the ACC while not doing 1 thing to improve UCONN Athletics while he was the AD should have been a HUGE Red flag!!!

Reaction Score
The strangest Hathaway moment for me was seeing him in the concession line in Maryland. Then Sitting is the Uconn fan section like an average Joe.

Reaction Score
The strangest Hathaway moment for me was seeing him in the concession line in Maryland. Then Sitting is the Uconn fan section like an average Joe.
Same at the International Bowl against Buffalo at the Skydone. I actually had better seats than he did by a row or 2.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's very, very hard to get banned here.

You don't get banned for posting too much, for being annoying or just being a half-wit.

The late night antics veered way over towards offensive - I wasn't here the night he got banned, but I know what he was banned for and it absolutely had to happen.

There's next to no chance he's coming back - so don't bothering lobbying or proposing alternatives. It'd be about his 37th chance and honestly, Twitter is a better place for him. I suspect he's not a bad guy and I like him, but we don't want to be responsible for what he says.

So that book is closed.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My favorite rant of his was where he went on and on about tie colors and matching them. I honestly can't even remember who that was in reference to anymore but I just remember it being ludicrous and lots of pictures of coaches with matching school colored ties.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My favorite rant of his was where he went on and on about tie colors and matching them. I honestly can't even remember who that was in reference to anymore but I just remember it being ludicrous and lots of pictures of coaches with matching school colored ties.

It was a rant about Pasqualoni, if I'm not mistaken. In hindsight, there were many other PP errors to focus on besides his tie color... :(

Reaction Score
"You don't get banned for posting too much, for being annoying or just being a half-wit."

How bout those few odd drunk posts, you know the emotionally (ala grey goose) induced rants, centered towards BCU, ND, NCAA, and RU in that order (with a few UNC lay ups seeing as on one hand they are the NCAA poster child on how to run college athletics, and on the other hand a bunch of unscrupulous administrators which will allow, or look the other way, for any type of one class one page final exam essay to propel student athletes towards their degree.

And I haven't even mentioned the Duke jewelry/preferential parent employment railroad.

Oh well, if uconn were in a P5 right now what the hell would I do? Get happy, that's for sure.

Seriously, once UConn is in P5 its only a matter of time (4-7 years) before we DOMINATE college FB, meaning annual top 15 AP rankings, continue to be a top 7 BB program, and rise up as The NE Force in athletics. The county has NEVER experienced a major NE state school dominating NE college athletics.....and they are sh&t scared....... they really are! Imagine the NYC/Boston press centered on a whale of an athletic university doing college athletics the RIGHT WAY.

Reaction Score
"You don't get banned for posting too much, for being annoying or just being a half-wit."

How bout those few odd drunk posts, you know the emotionally (ala grey goose) induced rants, centered towards BCU, ND, NCAA, and RU in that order (with a few UNC lay ups seeing as on one hand they are the NCAA poster child on how to run college athletics, and on the other hand a bunch of unscrupulous administrators which will allow, or look the other way, for any type of one class one page final exam essay to propel student athletes towards their degree.

And I haven't even mentioned the Duke jewelry/preferential parent employment railroad.

Oh well, if uconn were in a P5 right now what the hell would I do? Get happy, that's for sure.

Seriously, once UConn is in P5 its only a matter of time (4-7 years) before we DOMINATE college FB, meaning annual top 15 AP rankings, continue to be a top 7 BB program, and rise up as The NE Force in athletics. The county has NEVER experienced a major NE state school dominating NE college athletics.....and they are sh&t scared.. they really are! Imagine the NYC/Boston press centered on a whale of an athletic university doing college athletics the RIGHT WAY.
Did you ever hear of Yale and Harvard ?

Reaction Score
Seriously, once UConn is in P5 its only a matter of time (4-7 years) before we DOMINATE college FB, meaning annual top 15 AP rankings, continue to be a top 7 BB program, and rise up as The NE Force in athletics. The county has NEVER experienced a major NE state school dominating NE college athletics.....and they are sh&t scared.. they really are! Imagine the NYC/Boston press centered on a whale of an athletic university doing college athletics the RIGHT WAY.

Are you HFD?

Reaction Score
Yes, please briefly educate us who have arrived later to this party called the Boneyard. Who is this "HFD" of which you speak?

Are you familiar with the term "Ass Clown"? If so, that is all you need to know.

Reaction Score
jostar - No im not HFD, but i do believe I will know of any major improvements in Uconn's fate a week before others (living in Greensboro can give one a few day's notice). What i can lean my hat on is the ACC's continued belief that UConn is a strongly supported State school that will end up OK. When I ask for more details I get nada (presently).

Reaction Score
Are you familiar with the term "Ass Clown"? If so, that is all you need to know.
This mad me laugh after reading some of the above posts and thinking back to his crazy, drunk, nonsense rants. I would get a string of pm's on twitter from him like that too. They were pretty comical.

Reaction Score
It's very, very hard to get banned here.

You don't get banned for posting too much, for being annoying or just being a half-wit.

The late night antics veered way over towards offensive - I wasn't here the night he got banned, but I know what he was banned for and it absolutely had to happen.

There's next to no chance he's coming back - so don't bothering lobbying or proposing alternatives. It'd be about his 37th chance and honestly, Twitter is a better place for him. I suspect he's not a bad guy and I like him, but we don't want to be responsible for what he says.

So that book is closed.

I for one am grateful to hear that just being a half-wit doesn't get you banned. I will take that as tacit approval to keep posting. Please let me know if you change that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom