30 chosen for 2017 National Team Training Camp | Page 4 | The Boneyard

30 chosen for 2017 National Team Training Camp

Reaction Score
Everyone is tap dancing around the edges.

What did she (Parker) do?

This is a fan bb, with online presence represented as avatars. I doubt there is any consequence to expressing the knowledge that some many in the know have about her situation with USA Basketball.

Inquiring minds want to know. As someone mentioned earlier, I am open to inbox messages if there is hesitance to posting publicly.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Final list of attendees for next week's camp. Those playing in the WNBA finals and Tina Charles will not be there. Assistants not named yet, court coaches will be Rizzotti, Semrau, Walz and Clark-heard.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

Is Tina taking a rest break?

I look for Lou and Pheesa to observe and work hard. They will be like pros in college by their senior year, as Maya and Stewie were.

There is no one on that list who can match Tiffany's drives to the hoop, though Griner can probably stop her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Everyone is tap dancing around the edges.

What did she (Parker) do?

This is a fan bb, with online presence represented as avatars. I doubt there is any consequence to expressing the knowledge that some many in the know have about her situation with USA Basketball.

Inquiring minds want to know. As someone mentioned earlier, I am open to inbox messages if there is hesitance to posting publicly.

I believe it's only fair that the answer to your question be: Candace knows.

Last edited:

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
There's way more to it than that - you must know this. There are REASONS (as in PLURAL) that she was left off the Olympic team and at least some of them had zero to do with her basketball talent (or any kind of vendetta Geno or the committee was accused of having towards her).

So yeah, her latest unfortunate decision followed immediately by her tweet (that was dripping with petulance and innuendo) do indeed show her true colors. And no, I'm not going to get into it on a public form. But many of us who post frequently on this forum (and probably yours as well) know of the other reasons that transpired outside of the public eye. And that's what I meant by saying her #truecolors are shining thru - and it has zero to do with her basketball talents, which are extensive.

So you can post whatever you like about how great her stats are/were, or some comments that someone had about her, and pretend like that is the universal and absolute truth. But just because someone says something over and over does not make it true, or in this case, universal and absolute. There's a lot more going on beneath the surface when it comes to Parker and USA basketball,and her "falling out" is self inflicted.

I don't quite get why you can so confidently go after other posters for putting out other information that runs counter to your read of the situation, but then say you're unwilling to reveal all of this secret "knowledge" you possess. If you want to denigrate what other posters are putting out there, I think you should be willing to share what you know. Otherwise, it seems to me you are engaging in the same type of petty character assassination you're accusing Parker of perpetuating.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't quite get why you can so confidently go after other posters for putting out other information that runs counter to your read of the situation, but then say you're unwilling to reveal all of this secret "knowledge" you possess. If you want to denigrate what other posters are putting out there, I think you should be willing to share what you know. Otherwise, it seems to me you are engaging in the same type of petty character assassination you're accusing Parker of perpetuating.
LOL :rolleyes: Maybe you should hobnob with more important folks. Then you'd know as well. Or ask Candace. SHE knows...!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Pretty darn impressive nine players from Sparks and Lynx that will have to miss.

Including, perhaps, the next starting point guard. Another good performance by Gray in the finals could give her a leg up on the competition.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought that she showed a not so flattering side of herself when, right after she was not chosen for the team she posted that old video of her dunking at UConn in the final seconds when someone with class wouldn't have rubbed her opponents' noses in it. Reminded me of a spoiled child who has a tantrum when they don't get what they want.
I don't think anyone denies her great talent.
JMO
Agreed that the video of her dunking on UCONN was not a flattering side of Parker.
Equally unflattering was USA basketball filming promotional ads with Parker for the 2016 Olympics at a time when she was not selected for the team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Agreed that the video of her dunking on UCONN was not a flattering side of Parker.
Equally unflattering was USA basketball filming promotional ads with Parker for the 2016 Olympics at a time when she was not selected for the team.

The promotional ads were by NBC Sports. How do you know those ads were filmed after the Committee had voted to select the team?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The promotional ads were by NBC Sports. How do you know those ads were filmed after the Committee had voted to select the team?
If they were filmed after the committee voted doesn't that make it worse?

Reaction Score

I'd call it awkward, not unflattering. The ads were recorded prior to the team being picked.

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind the naming of the team but insiders won't talk. It will no doubt come out in a book sometime in the next 20 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If they were filmed after the committee voted doesn't that make it worse?

Of course, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that the ads were filmed after the team had been chosen but that's not what you said. Sorry.

But the alternative is to have no promotional ads before the team is chosen. NBC sports decided they wanted to use Parker and the committee hadn't yet voted. Should appearances in promo ads sway the committee? That's surely not right.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Should appearances in promo ads sway the committee? That's surely not right.
Definitely not. But I'm sure NBC just didn't show up at practice and say we want Candace, Sue, Diana and Maya to be in the ads without talking to USA basketball. They are partners and some communications is required in any partnership.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
LOL :rolleyes: Maybe you should hobnob with more important folks. Then you'd know as well. Or ask Candace. SHE knows...!

I thought boneyarders were the important folks!

candace may "know" but it seems like her and USA basketball would have a different interpretation of the events

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is a return engagement of a prior mud sling that was thankfully cleanup by the moderators.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Definitely not. But I'm sure NBC just didn't show up at practice and say we want Candace, Sue, Diana and Maya to be in the ads without talking to USA basketball. They are partners and some communications is required in any partnership.

That's right, of course. But what was USA Basketball to say if the committee hadn't met yet? Candace is on the bubble so don't use her? There are always risks that someone appearing in an ad won't play (e.g., injury). Once the team is chosen, edit the ads and the only ones who even remember that Parker once appeared in the ads are her, her family and Tennessee fans. All things considered, not a big deal. There are worse things that happen in life.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought boneyarders were the important folks!

candace may "know" but it seems like her and USA basketball would have a different interpretation of the events
Quite probably! But the point of my original post, or at least the point I was trying to make is that IMHO Parker is a primadonna and her snarky "fool me twice" tweet is similar to other stuff she's tweeted/said/posted regarding the original selection of the team back in 2016. And given that "attitude" of hers has been seen numerous times in tweets, articles, interviews, etc, my final point about her "woes" regarding USA basketball being self inflicted.

Anyway you seem to have much more good humor than some, that's for sure! It's definitely a good idea to not take things personally on this board... :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's right, of course. But what was USA Basketball to say if the committee hadn't met yet? Candace is on the bubble so don't use her? There are always risks that someone appearing in an ad won't play (e.g., injury). Once the team is chosen, edit the ads and the only ones who even remember that Parker once appeared in the ads are her, her family and Tennessee fans. All things considered, not a big deal. There are worse things that happen in life.
Definitely more important things in life, season starts in 54 days.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It has been 515 days now since "something" happened "outside of the public eye" and was "bound to come out" which resulted in Candace being left off the 2016 Olympic team.

img-thing

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It has been 515 days now since "something" happened "outside of the public eye" and was "bound to come out" which resulted in Candace being left off the 2016 Olympic team.

It's my prediction that the earliest we'll find out any reliable account of CandaceGate 2016 will be after Candace and Geno have both retired from their respective careers. And even that's not too likely.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Frankly I don't care whether Candace was left off of the team because of her own self absorbed nature, because Geno didn't want her there, whether her teammates felt she was a team obliterator, whether the committee felt she wasn't team oriented enough/didn't fit well with the squad, or any combination of the former. I like our Olympic chances with or without her. Life's too short for this noise.

I will admit though the camera finds her easy on the eyes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom