3 seed | The Boneyard

3 seed

Reaction Score
Would have to think with Xavier, Indiana, and Virginia losing, we should DEFINTLEY be on the 3 line.

@tzznandrew ....thoughts?
I think we really lucked out with the way Xavier lost.

Teams definitely ahead of us:

Alabama
Houston
Kansas
Purdue
---
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
Marquette
---
Gonzaga

I think those are 9 teams ahead of us without a doubt. Now it matters if we the committee thinks our resume is one of the three best among:

Baylor
Kansas St
Xavier
Tennessee
Duke
Indiana

Honestly, I didn't think it would be the case after the Marquette loss, but it seems like it should be. But is the committee going to have the best ACC team get a 4 seed? seems unlikely. And they seem to love the B12. And Xavier did beat us twice...

So I think it's probably 60/40 we get the last or second to last 3-seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to see an 11 loss team be a 3 seed (Indiana)…but the media loves the Lil10

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Alabama
Houston
Kansas
Purdue
---
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
Marquette
---
Gonzaga

I think those are 9 teams ahead of us without a doubt. Now it matters if we the committee thinks our resume is one of the three best among:

Baylor
Kansas St
Xavier
Tennessee
Duke
Indiana

Honestly, I didn't think it would be the case after the Marquette loss, but it seems like it should be. But is the committee going to have the best ACC team get a 4 seed? seems unlikely. And they seem to love the B12. And Xavier did beat us twice...

Feels like the 3 seeds should be Duke, Xavier and us from this list.

All the other teams were knocked out of their respective tourneys pretty early and doesn’t have the same record. Our OOC should carry us pretty far too.

Reaction Score

All the other teams were knocked out of their respective tourneys pretty early and doesn’t have the same record. Our OOC should carry us pretty far too.
I can't see how Tennessee or Indiana rank ahead of us at this point. I feel Baylor and Kansas St. should be behind us. Given how the weekend turned out, I'd probably have Duke/UConn and one of Xavier/Kansas St. on the 3 line.

And Duke is looking good right now. Some of that just may be that even the top of the ACC sucks, but they look tough.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Let me be the first to say it. We'll end up with a 4 because of anti BE bias in the selection committee.

To add salt in the wound, they won't put us in the east either.

Reaction Score
Would have to think with Xavier, Indiana, and Virginia losing, we should DEFINTLEY be on the 3 line.

@tzznandrew ....thoughts?
UVA made the final so they will stay ahead of us and we know the committee loves Duke so it will be interesting to see if they move them up to the 3 line for winning the ACC. If Texas AM winning SEC, it's gets interesting for the 3 line.

I say we're a 3 but an AM win makes it interesting and can move us to a 4. Just a guess

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Alabama
Houston
Kansas
Purdue
---
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
Marquette
---
Gonzaga

Baylor
Kansas St
Xavier
Tennessee
Duke
Indiana

I think Baylor may still be ahead of us. But we should still get a 3 seed. The way Marquette blew out Xavier actually makes our 2 point loss look good. So I think Xavier is behind us. Duke probably lands on the 3 line.

Reaction Score
We need to be in the East so I can attend. If we are competing with Duke and UVA for 3 in the east, I don't like our chances.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Let’s remember that the committee doesn’t put that much weight to the conference tournaments. It’s a fairly small piece of the puzzle compared to the overall resume and metrics.

Reaction Score
Maybe Freemantle being out negates their sweep over us?
The Big East rep on the committee is the AD from Butler
Does he pound the table for the league? Or does he sit quietly in the corner doing what he is told?
Judging by the reveal, he sits facing the corner with a dunce cap

I wish Benedict would get himself on these influential committees

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’ll say it again send us away from MSG.
I agree. When it comes to support that the venue provides vs. the increased pressure and distraction that exists it is a net negative imo.

I believe JC stated something similar which is why he preferred going to the west regionals.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A
I agree. When it comes to support that the venue provides vs. the increased pressure and distraction that exists it is a net negative imo.

I believe JC stated something similar which is why he preferred going to the west regionals.

Honestly feels like the last time we "owned" MSG was the 2014 regional final. Place was mobbed with UConn fans.

The other non conference games have been at best a 50/50 split and the BET games didn't seem overwhelmingly pro UConn either.

Reaction Score
UVA made the final so they will stay ahead of us and we know the committee loves Duke so it will be interesting to see if they move them up to the 3 line for winning the ACC. If Texas AM winning SEC, it's gets interesting for the 3 line.
Have you looked at UVA's resume? They haven't been ahead of us since they lost to Boston College.

Duke on the other hand looks good and has been playing well and may well have jumped up to the 3-line.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I amazed how concerned people are about the region we are in. I think this team may even do better on a neutral floor than at a high pressure MSG game.

But that’s neither here nor here.

We need to win 2 games in the tournament before the region even becomes a factor. And those are surely to be in Albany.

I really don’t give a shizzle what region we’re in. I just want the 3 seed over the 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom